1. Spring Sale 10% Off @ LifeGivingStore.com Till June 10th With Coupon Code: SPRING2020
    Click Here!
    Dismiss Notice

Possible To Overtax The Pancreas / Liver / Digestive System By Too Much Sugar?

Discussion in 'Ask For Help or Advice' started by JanP, Mar 8, 2020.

1. JanP

JanP Member

Would it be possible to overload the pancreas / liver / digestive system with too much sugars? How much sugar is too much?

Is eating the sugars with plenty of protein enough to prevent overtaxing the pancreas by secreting too much insulin all the time?

If someone have these organs are already compromised and not working optimally, but doesn't have diabetes, would you recommend him a high-sugar diet?

2. tara

tara Member

I'm no expert, but I expect so.

Assuming that what you mean by 'sugar' in this context is mono- and disaccharides, I expect that to depend on the individual and their state, as well as what other nutrition comes with it. Some people have a higher capacity for it than others.
    As a first cut, I'd suggest paying attention to taste.
    I'm not an expert, but I'd suggest the same - pay attention to what the body feels well with, sugar wise, and take that as a starting point. Watch blood glucose measurements over time if they are being taken. Adapt.
    Favour foods containing sugars and other nutrition (eg fruit) over the highly refined stuff.

3. Pompadour

Pompadour Member

Yes, you can overtax the system. I have pancreatitis and after flare up i tried to eat a lot of honey (from the beekeeper i know, the best quality). Sugar is easier to digest you know...and helps to restore the pancreas as they say. ... well, suddenly my blood sugar started to raise dangerously. Maybe i accelerated the dieing of beta cells. :( Now i cannot eat sugar and honey any more. Now i am diabetic on top of my other problems.

Needles to say, how much i am depressed now. Just see no way to healing....that's tough.

4. OP
    JanP

JanP Member

Damn, that sounds absolutely horrible :( Thanks for sharing your experience.

I'm really sorry for what you are going trough and hope your health will get better!

5. Pompadour

Pompadour Member

Yep...the question is, how to unlearn the learned helplessness :)