Possible To Achieve Drunkeness State Without Alcohol?

ddjd

before everyone judges me, i just have to say, when ive had 1, 2, 3 beers, i am so much more confident, happy, articulate, expressive, friendly, warm, enjoyable to be around. Its that point after a few beers but before drunkeness, its the on the way to drunkeness feeling that i want to hack.

for me, the ideal situation, would be to work out a way to achieve this amazing state of cognitive function, confidence, articulate ability, without alcohol!!!

is this possible?

Can someone explain to me simply, what is the biological process going on when we get drunk (beer, not spirits)

Last edited:

Mukem

Lots of progesterone, LSD, ... but the sensical thing to do is to make the effects consistent by using practice, food and by altering your lifestyle.

Phenibut. Just as addictive as alcohol, but in a different fashion, so do your research first. I consider phenibut superior to alcohol, because it has a lot less side effects.

Phenibut + caffeine is especially great. But to reiterate: do your research first!

Vinero

I experience the same thing when drinking a few beers. Unfortunately, there isn't any substance other than alcohol which works just like alcohol. You just have to minimize the damage alcohol can cause. Also, don't overdo it. Just drink until you are tipsy but dont get drunk.
Progesterone and LSD do not even remotely resemble the feeling alcohol gives. Phenibut comes somewhat closer.

Stud

androsterone, high dose taurine (makes me feel on top of the world), P5P, glycine or even dht

Soybean

Phenibut probably comes the closest, but still isn't comparable.

If you drink clear spirits (instead of beer or wine), drink plenty of water, and get some good sleep afterwards, you can mitigate a lot of the damage from alcohol.

Frankdee20

I experience the same thing when drinking a few beers. Unfortunately, there isn't any substance other than alcohol which works just like alcohol. You just have to minimize the damage alcohol can cause. Also, don't overdo it. Just drink until you are tipsy but dont get drunk.
Progesterone and LSD do not even remotely resemble the feeling alcohol gives. Phenibut comes somewhat closer.

Alcohol is unique in that it effects multiple neurotransmitter systems simultaneously, NMDA, GABA, 5ht, DA

Frankdee20

Phenibut probably comes the closest, but still isn't comparable.

If you drink clear spirits (instead of beer or wine), drink plenty of water, and get some good sleep afterwards, you can mitigate a lot of the damage from alcohol.

Correct, clear spirits are easier on the body than dark, and Ray said less estrogenic. Some Thiamine also helps negate the Korsokoff dementia risk

OP
ddjd

ddjd

Correct, clear spirits are easier on the body than dark, and Ray said less estrogenic. Some Thiamine also helps negate the Korsokoff dementia risk
I'm not so bothered about the toll it takes on the body, I'm looking to replicate a similar feeling of the mental sharpness and confidence from alcohol but without alcohol.

Also I find beer is a lot more effective than spirits, maybe because it's more Estrogenic?

Regina

before everyone judges me, i just have to say, when ive had 1, 2, 3 beers, i am so much more confident, happy, articulate, expressive, friendly, warm, enjoyable to be around. Its that point after a few beers but before drunkeness, its the on the way to drunkeness feeling that i want to hack.

for me, the ideal situation, would be to work out a way to achieve this amazing state of cognitive function, confidence, articulate ability, without alcohol!!!

is this possible?

Can someone explain to me simply, what is the biological process going on when we get drunk (beer, not spirits)
I don't know if this helps but in zen, you might be asked, "who is it that is confident?" "who is happy?" "who is articulate?" "who is it that drinks?"

you get the idea....

alywest

I don't know if this helps but in zen, you might be asked, "who is it that is confident?" "who is happy?" "who is articulate?" "who is it that drinks?"

you get the idea....
I like that! Also, @Joeyd maybe learn how to love yourself. I know that's an oversimplification and it takes a lot of work. The blog f*ckportioncontrol.com has a whole post about curing alcoholism and it talks about the role that acetylcholine plays. When you were still developing someone hurt you and and you built yourself up around that pain. There are ways to deal with it and rebuild, including antihistamines.

OP
ddjd

ddjd

Alcohol is unique in that it effects multiple neurotransmitter systems simultaneously, NMDA, GABA, 5ht, DA
But maybe with multiple supplements/hacks you could agonise a lot of the same systems?

bjg

I've recently quit alcohol. Last drink was almost two months ago. A good book I'm reading is This Naked Mind.

I went out last night and didn't drink for the first time in 10+ years. It was a bit uncomfortable at first, but after an hour or so I was having as good a time as if I had have been drinking. In fact probably more.

Makrosky

I sometimes do a smoothie of :
- 100 grams beef liver
- Some butter
- 2 tbsp collagen
- 1 tbsp brewers yeast
- 1 garlic
- 1 drop oxidal
- 1 big piece of pineapple

The effect is similar to being "high" but without any of the negatives

Waynish

For people that feel that much better on alcohol than sober, I would check out the gut. Since many people are medicating various overgrowths using alcohol.

Frankdee20

I am sick and tired of being sick and tired. I hate my drinking, I hate my habits, I hate my obsessions, I hate myself

cyclops

I sometimes do a smoothie of :
- 100 grams beef liver
- Some butter
- 2 tbsp collagen
- 1 tbsp brewers yeast
- 1 garlic
- 1 drop oxidal
- 1 big piece of pineapple

Only supplement seems to be the oxidal. Surprised this odd combo has alcohol like effects? What is the reasoning behind it?

OP
ddjd

ddjd

For people that feel that much better on alcohol than sober, I would check out the gut. Since many people are medicating various overgrowths using alcohol.
interesting. any more details? what do you mean by overgrowths?

Makrosky

Only supplement seems to be the oxidal. Surprised this odd combo has alcohol like effects? What is the reasoning behind it?
No reasoning behind it. It makes me feel lile laughing avout stupid things, be more social, dunno... Reminds me being high

EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals