Possible good deal for fruit?

Dutchie

Recently I discovered that a couple of hundred meters down my street there's a hobbyist group of Fruit Orchards(?) keepers.
So,I contacted them and they said that when I work with them at the Orchard every first Saturday of the month for a couple of hours,I get to pick and take for free fruit from the Orchard:).

This would save some serious money hopefully,plus I like&hope that I'll learn lots of things about Orchards/growing fruits and hopefully other stuff too bc I know some people of the club are also beekeepers so who knows what else they do/organize....
The only somewhat of a bummer is that the grown fruits aren't Peat recommended fruits.They grow various types of Apples,Pears,Plums,Quince,Mullberry,Peach and the only beneficial one Cherries.
So,are these fruits really that bad?

jaguar43

Dutchie said:
Recently I discovered that a couple of hundred meters down my street there's a hobbyist group of Fruit Orchards(?) keepers.
So,I contacted them and they said that when I work with them at the Orchard every first Saturday of the month for a couple of hours,I get to pick and take for free fruit from the Orchard:).

This would save some serious money hopefully,plus I like&hope that I'll learn lots of things about Orchards/growing fruits and hopefully other stuff too bc I know some people of the club are also beekeepers so who knows what else they do/organize....
The only somewhat of a bummer is that the grown fruits aren't Peat recommended fruits.They grow various types of Apples,Pears,Plums,Quince,Mullberry,Peach and the only beneficial one Cherries.
So,are these fruits really that bad?

you can cook them in the oven with apple juice on top.

OP
D

Dutchie

Jenn said:
A RIPE fruit is always the best choice. The problems with fruit are when they are picked under ripe. Cooking does help with those issues.

Does cooking reduce/destroy toxins in unripe for fruit or what does it?

EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals
Back
Top Bottom