Possible Constipation

Davsey85

Hey Guys

I was curious I have noticed since i returned from the tropics in Mexico I put on some weight probably close to 13-15 lbs.Quite a bit collecting in the abdomen area.No pain or anything in the stomach just collection of food,bacteria or something

Seems that for the last couple months less bowel movements and bloating pregnant looking tummy

I take some magnesium citrate laxative bottle and it seems to help some but I can feel it's masking the root cause that the food is collecting in that area and not moving smoothly

I did eat lots of bread and eggs in mexico and know that this is not optimal.

Seems like even eating sugar like dates expands the belly

Possibly 5mg daily valium contributes to this

Appreciate any advice

gaze

magnesium citrate may make it worse, because the citric acid in it can be allergenic and promote inflamation, what your experienceing is a form of inflamed bowel from endotoxin. Things that may help are all the antibiotic stuff like carrots, mushrooms, banbooshoots, also if you can find cascara sagrada that will help also. Hows your vitamin D and pulse/temp? If it gets really really bad, I would consider talking to your doctor about antibiotics, I think youd only need a little bit.

OP
Davsey85

Davsey85

Vitamin D is good

I have gotten plenty of sunlight the last few months

Since coming from Mexico I noticed some morning cold hands

I did notice in mexico gastric juices coming up towards my throat in my sleep and feel like choking. This happened several times

Here in Northern California.It gets in 90s midday and time in Mexico improved heat sensitivity.

But I noticed it felt a bit cold even in the mornings in the 60s here.I have been here for a few days now.

Probably better to stay away from coffee,milk,sugar heavy fats

Pulse usually in 50s in the morning to low 60s

Open to suggestions

Thanks

Maljam

Inactivity is often a major cause of constipation and usually one that people dont want to hear. They would rather pop a pill than go for a run, which just creates an endless cycle of using laxatives if the root cause isnt addressed.

Wheat and cow dairy are notorious for causing constipation through the opioid effects, Travis has countless knowledgable posts on this.

Saturated fat is very beneficial to the intestines, I have seen many accounts of peoples digestion and bowel movements improving after fat has been bumped up and I experienced this too.

You mentioned weight gain, perhaps the extra fat has altered your hormones enough to create this problem, if you felt better before it would be worth making efforts to lose the weight.

Another thing that could be relevant is an electrolyte imbalance. I'd imagine the most common one here would be an excess of sodium in relation to potassium, although magnesium can also be involved too.

Last edited:
OP
Davsey85

Davsey85

Thanks for the reply

Exercise is not possible with chronic fatigue syndrome but I can do some walking which I typically do

Possibly endotoxin but this is a guess

Thanks

M

metabolizm

Inactivity is often a major cause of constipation and usually one that people dont want to hear. They would rather pop a pill than go for a run, which just creates an endless cycle of using laxatives if the root cause isnt addressed.

Wheat and cow dairy are notorious for causing constipation through the opioid effects, Travis has countless knowledgable posts on this.

Saturated fat is very beneficial to the intestines, I have seen many accounts of peoples digestion and bowel movements improving after fat has been bumped up and I experienced this too.

You mentioned weight gain, perhaps the extra fat has altered your hormones enough to create this problem, if you felt better before it would be worth making efforts to lose the weight.

Another thing that could be relevant is an electrolyte imbalance. I'd imagine the most common one here would be an excess of sodium in relation to potassium, although magnesium can also be involved too.

Where did Travis talk about opioid effects of wheat and cow dairy? I want to investigate this.

Maljam

Where did Travis talk about opioid effects of wheat and cow dairy? I want to investigate this.

I would link you but there are so many posts of his I wouldn't do it justice. If you search at the top right of the forum phrases like "opioid" "opioid cow" "opioid goat" "opioid wheat" and use his username Travis, you'll get a lot of posts to read though. His name wont pop up on the username part due to inactivity but the search function still works.

M

metabolizm

I would link you but there are so many posts of his I wouldn't do it justice. If you search at the top right of the forum phrases like "opioid" "opioid cow" "opioid goat" "opioid wheat" and use his username Travis, you'll get a lot of posts to read though. His name wont pop up on the username part due to inactivity but the search function still works.

Okay, I’ll see what I can find. I’ve recently reintroduced wheat and it’s been causing constipation.

M

metabolizm

Very common, wheat seems to be the number 1 offender when it comes to food issues.

Yeah, I always regret my attempts to reintroduce it. Everything seems to move so much better without it.
I suppose it's an addiction of sorts. That would tie in with the "opioid" property you mentioned.

Vins7

Do you think an electrolyte supplement could help bloating and constipation?
In my case, it seems that I do not retain water, I urinate clear quickly despite taking a lot of salt and it seems to me that it may be related to my lower belly swelling at the end of the day.

Regarding exercise, I do not notice that I go to the bathroom better on days that I am much more active than on days that I am more sedentary.

I've never heard of cow's milk and gluten, interesting.

Maljam

Do you think an electrolyte supplement could help bloating and constipation?
In my case, it seems that I do not retain water, I urinate clear quickly despite taking a lot of salt and it seems to me that it may be related to my lower belly swelling at the end of the day.

Regarding exercise, I do not notice that I go to the bathroom better on days that I am much more active than on days that I am more sedentary.

I've never heard of cow's milk and gluten, interesting.

Electrolytes I would think would help with constipation if there is an electrolyte imbalance (very common) However I am not sure how relevant this would be to you now you mentioned bloating and clear urination. How much are you drinking?

A lack of fibre and excess fibre are both potentially constipating.

Vins7

Electrolytes I would think would help with constipation if there is an electrolyte imbalance (very common) However I am not sure how relevant this would be to you now you mentioned bloating and clear urination. How much are you drinking?
I think I'm not drinking a lot, 1 liter or less and 2 fruits a day. Aprox.

Like I said, I really feel cold with really cold extremities and clear urination just drinking a little liquid... I put more salt un my meals than people use to, but this seems doesn't help me...

Maljam

I think I'm not drinking a lot, 1 liter or less and 2 fruits a day. Aprox.

Like I said, I really feel cold with really cold extremities and clear urination just drinking a little liquid... I put more salt un my meals than people use to, but this seems doesn't help me...

Whats the rest of your diet like? Have you tested your blood sugar for diabetes or anything?

Vins7

Whats the rest of your diet like? Have you tested your blood sugar for diabetes or anything?
I eat eggs, meat, rices, bread, potatoes, olive oil, butter, cow and goat milk and cheeses, juices, fruits... Mainly.

I have tested my sugar and insulin level un the past and they are correct, TSH 1.5-2, Tcolesterol 260 (really high).

I'm in this point for several years (for 5 last years, i'm 25), I think It has become chronic.

I was in a low weight due to strict diets for trying to fix bloating un the past. Now i'm un my weight but I'm having these issues too...

Maljam

I eat eggs, meat, rices, bread, potatoes, olive oil, butter, cow and goat milk and cheeses, juices, fruits... Mainly.

I have tested my sugar and insulin level un the past and they are correct, TSH 1.5-2, Tcolesterol 260 (really high).

I'm in this point for several years (for 5 last years, i'm 25), I think It has become chronic.

I was in a low weight due to strict diets for trying to fix bloating un the past. Now i'm un my weight but I'm having these issues too...

You mention you are low weight, a lack of calories can cause constipation too, the body holding onto the food for longer to try extract as much energy from it as possible, also the slowing down of peristalsis. Your bloating could be coming from trying to eat more (if that is what you are trying to do) and could normalise over time. The clear urination I'm not too sure about, perhaps a kind of stress reaction from related to gut irritation, the bloating and changes in food intake.

Vins7

You mention you are low weight, a lack of calories can cause constipation too, the body holding onto the food for longer to try extract as much energy from it as possible, also the slowing down of peristalsis. Your bloating could be coming from trying to eat more (if that is what you are trying to do) and could normalise over time. The clear urination I'm not too sure about, perhaps a kind of stress reaction from related to gut irritation, the bloating and changes in food intake.
I think I'm eating enough for last year and I'm on a good weight now, I was really less when a was a teen and I didnt have all this issues and I was on a good weight too. I think the cause is not eating too low...

Thanks for info and healp Maljam.
Do you think a regular electrolite suplement could help me?

Maljam

I think I'm eating enough for last year and I'm on a good weight now, I was really less when a was a teen and I didnt have all this issues and I was on a good weight too. I think the cause is not eating too low...

Thanks for info and healp Maljam.
Do you think a regular electrolite suplement could help me?

People could eat metal and drink petrol as a teenager and still have a six pack and feel good haha.

I think it would be worth an experiment to see what happens, yes. Look up "snake juice recipe" if you didn't already know about it. I've made this before and seems a good balance.

Vins7

People could eat metal and drink petrol as a teenager and still have a six pack and feel good haha.

I think it would be worth an experiment to see what happens, yes. Look up "snake juice recipe" if you didn't already know about it. I've made this before and seems a good balance.
Really interesting, should I drink It instead of water during the day?

EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals