Possible Aldi Mexican Coke Sale

LuMonty

For those with an Aldi store nearby, I'd check in and see if they have MC and at what price. The store near me has them for 69 cents! The problem is that the store's site and app have "check store for price" for anything not in the flyer, which is frustrating. So I hope this is helpful to someone here because it's a crapshoot.

Gone Peating

I don't understand the Mexican soda hype here

Doesn't Mexico flouridate their water just like the US?

BlueEyeWolf

Forum Supporter
For those with an Aldi store nearby, I'd check in and see if they have MC and at what price. The store near me has them for 69 cents! The problem is that the store's site and app have "check store for price" for anything not in the flyer, which is frustrating. So I hope this is helpful to someone here because it's a crapshoot.

Doesn't Mexico flouridate their water

Doesn't Mexico flouridate their water just like the US?
Mexican Coke is made with real sugar. Not high fructose syrup that we use here because it is cheaper. Real sugar come made in Mexico and Europe also uses real sugar when I checked years ago. Costco sells Mexican Coke. This shows how we don’t care about real ingredients and other countries do.

Is there anything superior to Mexican Coke specifically?

In stores I see other types of soda/pop/etc. that have real sugar instead of HFCS or artificial sweeteners/etc.

Isn't Mexican Coke just what Ray says he personally likes for taste as well?

You can find other variants of real/more natural sugar sodas in stores probably if you look. I don't think you have to consume every single thing Ray likes personally by taste or such just because he is Ray Peat (I get the impression some here might strictly base their choices only on his exact preferences, but that comes down to taste vs. health and etc. differences than just healthy vs. maybe less unhealthy).

I like Coke flavor somewhat, but I mean I look out for other sodas too that may have no corn syrup added (even though I do not drink soda much anyways).

OP
LuMonty

LuMonty

Is there anything superior to Mexican Coke specifically?

In stores I see other types of soda/pop/etc. that have real sugar instead of HFCS or artificial sweeteners/etc.

Isn't Mexican Coke just what Ray says he personally likes for taste as well?

You can find other variants of real/more natural sugar sodas in stores probably if you look. I don't think you have to consume every single thing Ray likes personally by taste or such just because he is Ray Peat (I get the impression some here might strictly base their choices only on his exact preferences, but that comes down to taste vs. health and etc. differences than just healthy vs. maybe less unhealthy).

I like Coke flavor somewhat, but I mean I look out for other sodas too that may have no corn syrup added (even though I do not drink soda much anyways).
In my experience with sugar vs. HFCS drinks, the corn syrup must have some allergenic material left. Even though Mexican Fanta is more drinkable than regular for me despite Red 40. I can have several Mexican Cokes if money and calories permit, but 1-2 regular ones cause heartburn.