Portioning

Austin

Hi all,

I was on and off Peat for most of last year, and recently decided to go 100% Peat for a month to see the results. Can any of you provide an example of portioning for a sample day's meal?

Right now I'm doing something like:

Breakfast: 1 egg, 2 oranges, 2 glasses of milk, lots of cheese
Lunch: Either Steak, Liver, Oysters, or Pho with brisket and bone broth (no noodles), and 1 or 2 pieces of Peat approved fruit
Dinner: Juiced carrot with melons and other fruit, cheese, milk
Cheese for late night snack, maybe a few plums

Is this too much dairy in general? If any of you could post some samples of your daily portioning, that would be awesome.

Thanks

cliff

meal1-2cup Chocolate milk+1tsp coconut oil
meal2-2cup Chocolate milk+chicharrones+1tsp coconut oil
meal3-3cup Orange juice+1cup milk+1tsp coconut oil maybe some potatoes or quesadilla with corn tortilla
meal4-2cup Chocolate milk+shredded carrot salad+1tsp coconut oil
meal5-3cup Orange juice+1cup milk+1tsp coconut oil
meal6-2cup Chocolate milk+chicharrones+1tsp coconut oil

:lol:

This is kinda of a calorie restriction diet for me, I would probably eat a little more if money wasn't an issue. I'm super active tho.

You want to eat the whole carrot not the juice.

J

j.

What Cliff said. Juice carrot makes beta-carotene too absorbable which is anti-thyroid.

OP
A

Austin

Darn, one less use for my juicer. : / Thanks for the info guys. And wow Cliff, that's a ton of chocolate! I'll have to add in some myself. I didn't know it was Peat approved.

J

j.

For what is worth, I can consume a lot more chocolate without feeling "saturated" if I have it with coffee.

charlie

Admin
The Law & Order Admin
Use that juicer for orange juice, and watermelon juice. Yum.

charlie

Admin
The Law & Order Admin
Oh and welcome to the forum, Austin.

Dean

I don't quite understand why everyone is so free and easy with chocolate...tryptophan, fiber, lots of unsaturated fats, iron (though coffee can negate that). I'm thinking of cutting it out for now.

J

j.

The fat in chocolate is 5% PUFA, and I feel great after eating it. Back in the day when I had anxiety, chocolate helped me feel better. Basically I eat it because I feel better when I do.

Regarding tryptophan, what's the difference in tryptophan between milk and chocolate milk?

And the fiber of chocolate never gave me any gut issue, unlike the fiber in oranges.

cliff

I eat cocoa powder so it's fat free. Chocolate contains iron inhibitors. Fiber is fine.

J

j.

cliff said:
I eat cocoa powder so it's fat free. Chocolate contains iron inhibitors. Fiber is fine.

According to nutrition facts, cocoa powder has a lot of fat. Link

cliff

j. said:
cliff said:

1cup of cocoa(which is a lot) has 11g of fat, .4 of that is pufa. That's not a lot of fat.

chris

cliff - Don't chicharrones have quite a bit of pufa?

Dean

cliff said:
j. said:
cliff said:

1cup of cocoa(which is a lot) has 11g of fat, .4 of that is pufa. That's not a lot of fat.

Ah yeah, forgot about the caffeine in chocolate inhibiting the iron. Maybe I need to switch to cocoa powder. I've been eating Lindt 85% bars. It lists 18g of fat per serving, only 11 of which were saturated. Thats what concerned me. The ingredients, interestingly enough, list chocolate, cocoa powder, and cocoa butter along with the sugar and vanilla. I guess all that unsaturated fat must come from the cocoa butter.

The other thing that concerns me about chocolate is phosphorus. I'm considering cutting back on dairy due to intolerance issues and replacing some/much of it with gelatin and potato juice. Dr. Peat seems to be more concerned with the calcium to phosphorus ratio than with any particular level of calcium intake (as far as I can find).

So at any rate, I was thinking if I was going to reduce my dairy consumption and thus my calcium intake, I'd need to find ways to cut down on phosphorus-- i.e. chocolate, coffee, Mexi-coke/Pepsi Throwback

cliff

eggshell calcium?

Chicharrones aren't super high in pufa, I don't think it's that big of a concern eating 1-2oz. Ray seems to think there fine.

Dean

My digestive issues go beyond dairy and alot of people seem to have issues with digesting the egg shell calcium too. Plus, I haven't priced it--but I'm assuming it's not cheap. I may resort to trying it at some point though.