Pork is high in vit K2 ?

Apple

Research findings: All pork products analyzed contained measurable amounts of vitamin K2. The vitamin K2 content of processed pork products increased with their fat content. The total vitamin K2 content of sausage is three to five times higher than the minimum amount of vitamin K recommended in the diet.
  • Pork sausage: 383 mcg - vitamin K2 content for 3.5 ounces (100 grams)

IROM

that's why it's not ko$her.

But to be honest, love pork broth in ramen dishes but hate the pufas.

OP
Apple

Apple

that's why it's not ko$her.

But to be honest, love pork broth in ramen dishes but hate the pufas.
Agree about PUFA ... but that's insane amount of K2 in fatty pork, next to natto.
K2 is super important in the realm of Ray Peat and sources of K2 are pretty limited.
I prefer a pork sausage to natto... Natto tastes so disgusting and still very allergenic , even garbanzos natto...
Pork is insanely rich in thiamine

Razvan

Yeah pork is very good. Prosciutto crudo DOP with parmigiano Reggiano is amazing,that's what old people in Italy at the countryside eat and live long. Also staying one year in salt makes the pork lose phosphate. Still prefer lamb.

OP
Apple

Apple

Yeah pork is very good. Prosciutto crudo DOP with parmigiano Reggiano is amazing,that's what old people in Italy at the countryside eat and live long. Also staying one year in salt makes the pork lose phosphate. Still prefer lamb.
I also find it intriguing that centarians in Japan and some european coutries often eat pork...And live long despite all the PUFA.
Since I found Peat I was eating pork only on rare occasions but now I see that eating pork has more pros than cons

Dr. B

Agree about PUFA ... but that's insane amount of K2 in fatty pork, next to natto.
K2 is super important in the realm of Ray Peat and sources of K2 are pretty limited.
I prefer a pork sausage to natto... Natto tastes so disgusting and still very allergenic , even garbanzos natto...
Pork is insanely rich in thiamine
supposedly grass fed whole milk is 45mcg per two servings. that means 180mcg per half gallon. but youd need wholemilk, but the fat probably has other unidentified things. the vitamin A is probably superior to any supplemental vitamin A.

LA

Saved the quality of my life to start eating Pork again. All my ancestors ate pork due to living in places where there is snow almost 7 months a year and the snow can get to be 20 feet high and sometimes with avalanches. I was trying all brands of Vit K2 Menatetrenone MK-4 and my nose would still bleed more than it should.
My husband decided that we have to eat Pork Loin at least every 5 days to stay healthy. All of his ancestors (and mine) are from places where snow covered everything for months and the only food easily available for people in heavy snow way up in the mountains are chicken eggs and pork. Lamb is more work and very greasy. We also drink organic whole milk. There is an old saying,
Eat What The Healthiest of Your Ancestors Ate.

miquelangeles

Saved the quality of my life to start eating Pork again. All my ancestors ate pork due to living in places where there is snow almost 7 months a year and the snow can get to be 20 feet high and sometimes with avalanches. I was trying all brands of Vit K2 Menatetrenone MK-4 and my nose would still bleed more than it should.
My husband decided that we have to eat Pork Loin at least every 5 days to stay healthy. All of his ancestors (and mine) are from places where snow covered everything for months and the only food easily available for people in heavy snow way up in the mountains are chicken eggs and pork. Lamb is more work and very greasy. We also drink organic whole milk. There is an old saying,
If you're talking about the pre-industrial era - pork yes, eggs not really. I grew up in such place and hens naturally stop laying eggs during winter months.

LA

If you're talking about the pre-industrial era - pork yes, eggs not really. I grew up in such place and hens naturally stop laying eggs during winter months.
In Los Angeles our chickens (hens) laid eggs for 5 years including winter. One Halloween someone climbed over our fence and stole the rooster and 2 hens. Maybe they were doing Santeria or something on Halloween. We dont keep chickens anymore although I like how they peck away all the weeds and bugs. Some relatives keep chickens inside a warm barn in the winter as they live where it is cold and snows.

Dr. B

wouldnt mountain snowy climates have reindeer, elk, cows, yak and more? why is pork needed? supposedly people in Scandinavia consumed reindeer milk. and people in mountains can use snow camels or yak for meat and milk. chicken and pork are high pufa. I would rather avoid the pufa and do all grass fed milk with some ruminant meat mixed in. i dont like the taste of eggs, pork or chicken either, compared to dairy or beef or venison. you can eat milk and red meat raw, without adding any spices or additional fats/ingredients and they still taste great. that's not the case with eggs, chicken and pork.

Mauritio

iberico pork is the ***t. iberico pig lard has a huge effect on testosterone, too. theres something special in there ,maybe it is the vitamin k. iberico pigs only eat acorns btw.

LA

wouldnt mountain snowy climates have reindeer, elk, cows, yak and more? why is pork needed? supposedly people in Scandinavia consumed reindeer milk. and people in mountains can use snow camels or yak for meat and milk. chicken and pork are high pufa. I would rather avoid the pufa and do all grass fed milk with some ruminant meat mixed in. i dont like the taste of eggs, pork or chicken either, compared to dairy or beef or venison. you can eat milk and red meat raw, without adding any spices or additional fats/ingredients and they still taste great. that's not the case with eggs, chicken and pork.
I smiled -

The small town of my paternal line ancestors where both of my father's parents were born and had their first children has the highest elevation of anyplace in Southern Italy. The town is located in the historic state of Lucania now called Basilicata. The records of my ancestors in that tiny town go back to 1600 in the Catholic Church Rectory. The records are in Latin and the law was passed during the Council of Trent. It is forbidden to marry anyone who is less than a 3rd cousin. They knew back then that close kinship marriages caused birth defects. Sometimes it was done and usually the children ended up with problems
LOL, There are no elk, reindeer, yak in that area although you will easily find pigs and sheep.

Cuisine
The local cuisine is mostly based on pork and sheep meat
[snip]
It is commonly referred to as "cucina povera" (peasant food), deeply anchored in peasant traditions.
[snip]
Basilicata is best known for the Lucanica di Picerno (PGI) pork sausage that derives from lucanica, an ancient recipe originated before the Roman empire
[snip]
The region is also known for its naturally sparkling mineral water that springs from the streams of Mount Vulture

Copyof03.jpg

My mother's (mtDna) Mitochondrial DNA is from the Island of Bornholm. It is a small island in the Baltic Sea. Pigs are eaten in Bornholm
Bornholm Viking Island in the Baltic Sea
[playlist:]

View: https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PLlSfqyXdZSQ-iiDcU6HeEB-r0EPLnBYck

======

Dr. B

iberico pork is the ***t. iberico pig lard has a huge effect on testosterone, too. theres something special in there ,maybe it is the vitamin k. iberico pigs only eat acorns btw.
Isnt that high pufa fat then?

Ive tried pastured bacon as well as taco bell pork and neither were good. It seems to have some sort of urinary flavor to it

Mauritio

Isnt that high pufa fat then?

Ive tried pastured bacon as well as taco bell pork and neither were good. It seems to have some sort of urinary flavor to it
I think peat said they are probably lower in PUFA ,although Im not sure about that.

Dr. B

I think peat said they are probably lower in PUFA ,although Im not sure about that.
Well pigs are known to store the fat they eat like humans and chickens. Are acorns a low PUFA food.
Some farms do sell milk fed pork, whey fed pork… i think they even have milk fed/beef fed pork sometimes. It could be very saturated pork fat.

Random thing.. this bgr joint restaurant from time to time offers different ruminant meats. Theyve offered bison, new zealand elk, possibly deer meat.

Back
Top Bottom