Poor Man's Rebreather Kit

Adrian

Nice. Any sense of air hunger? When you say you feel great, do you mean you feel better during or after the 2 hrs?
The first days of use were uncomfortable I used a few minutes felt the arms and legs asleep and shortness of breath, gradually increase the time and do not cause discomfort, is comfortable while I use it, before sleeping at night. The highlight is that I can breathe through my nose and not through my mouth.

tara

The first days of use were uncomfortable I used a few minutes felt the arms and legs asleep and shortness of breath, gradually increase the time and do not cause discomfort, is comfortable while I use it, before sleeping at night. The highlight is that I can breathe through my nose and not through my mouth.
Ta.

Mountain

This clears up my nasal congestion pretty much every time I use it.

When I used to work as a glassy in a bar, my nose would sometimes become congested and runny if I was rushing around and carrying heavy racks. Slowing my breathing and doing breath holds was a reliable way to prevent or reverse it from happening.

DaveFoster

Anyone know of device that can be worn for extended periods of time <30 min, or has Adrian's device worked for others? I'm looking for a way to breathe a constant stream of CO2 while I do close work (mathematics, accounting, etc.)

@Adrian

Are you still using your device?

@Such_Saturation
Are you using a custom device, or does it resemble Adrian's?

Last edited:

DaveFoster

I don't know but I remember that article that said there is more risk of dementia associated with head under the covers.
That's probably co-morbidity. People with low CO2 levels and hypothyroidism tend to feel cold and go under the covers to keep warm. I do this when I'm in a hypothyroid state.

tara

I don't know but I remember that article that said there is more risk of dementia associated with head under the covers.

That's probably co-morbidity. People with low CO2 levels and hypothyroidism tend to feel cold and go under the covers to keep warm. I do this when I'm in a hypothyroid state.
This seems likely to me.
But I guess there's also the possibility of gasses coming off the mattresses being problem (it's considered potentially relevant for babies on baby mattresses), or other reduction in air quality.

tara

What about getting unconscious from overdoing it? Should we open a parallel thread condemning elastic bands for murder?
I think this is a good case for holding the mask in place by hand at least the first time or two to assess effects, or having someone else around who will notice and remove mask if we wilt off our chairs.

DaveFoster

Here's something that's been working. 2 liter bottle + nozzle to exhale and inhale through mouth. No holes necessary apparently.

Adrian

Anyone know of device that can be worn for extended periods of time <30 min, or has Adrian's device worked for others? I'm looking for a way to breathe a constant stream of CO2 while I do close work (mathematics, accounting, etc.)

@Adrian

Are you still using your device?

@Such_Saturation
Are you using a custom device, or does it resemble Adrian's?

Yes, I still use it, in fact it is always hanging on the back of my bed.

DaveFoster

Yes, I still use it, in fact it is always hanging on the back of my bed.
Great! I've been trying it, and I've been noticing positive effects with mood and bags under eyes doing this daily.

Adrian

[Quote = "DaveFoster, mensaje: 208.445, miembro de: 2910"] Gran! He estado tratando de ella, y he notado efectos positivos con el estado de ánimo y las bolsas bajo los ojos haciendo esto todos los días. [/ Quote]
:aplausos::aplausos::aplausos:

DaveFoster

So I've been breathing using my device (a 2 liter bottle with a nozzle in it), and I've been making my blood pressure quite low in doing so, and I've been getting constant headaches as a result.

So I've been breathing using my device (a 2 liter bottle with a nozzle in it), and I've been making my blood pressure quite low in doing so, and I've been getting constant headaches as a result.

maybe don't do it as much, LOL.

You have to mildly consume CO2, and you may have to breathe some room air for a few breaths and then one breath through the device...

OP
S
You can create devices which will give a ratio sustainable indefinitely, but they require more dedication since every time you stop breathing from it, it will take several minutes to build the CO2 back up. With my dual bottle setup you can just slide the bottles closer or farther from each other to decrease or increase the rebreathing power of the device.

renz

I am interested as to why people don't use buteyko breathing exercises instead to increase CO2 levels? Why the use of a device of some kind instead of this approach?
thanks, Renaee.

jitsmonkey

I am interested as to why people don't use buteyko breathing exercises instead to increase CO2 levels? Why the use of a device of some kind instead of this approach?
thanks, Renaee.
I don't think one is independent of the other. There are just different tools to arriving at the same place or stacked together to arrive sooner.
I've experienced far more progress breathing CO2 from a tank and ingesting baking soda than I have just bag breathing or buteyko breathing alone
but obviously bag and buteyko are supremely portable and free. So its just a matter of what tools you have, need, want. And your perceived risk tolerance/aversion.

OP
S
People put the bottle in a backpack and go running... there are plenty of reasons. Sometimes Buteyko feels like trying to meditate during a rock concert, while bag breathing is more like staying in a quiet room in the first place.

renz

I don't think one is independent of the other. There are just different tools to arriving at the same place or stacked together to arrive sooner.
I've experienced far more progress breathing CO2 from a tank and ingesting baking soda than I have just bag breathing or buteyko breathing alone
but obviously bag and buteyko are supremely portable and free. So its just a matter of what tools you have, need, want. And your perceived risk tolerance/aversion.
Yes - I only ask as I had a pretty terrible experience with a rather 'extreme' version of buteyko I did, and I had previously not heard of these different methods or approaches, which sound rather wacky, but maybe safer as they are not getting you to continuously focus/obsess on your breathing.

Xisca

EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals