Poor Man's Rebreather Kit

OP
S
Lol health natura so slow... idealabs took 3 days to get from washington to italy WTF?

OP
S
Lol "Partial rebreather masks are designed to capture the first 150ml of the exhaled breath into the reservoir bag"

OP
S
I can assure you these bottles come at no expense. They are usually found sitting in your fridge.

NathanK

Couldnt scissors solve that? Or rig it with the bottles? The benefit is the hands free mask

OP
S
Hmmmmm

81zLZZAUzxL._SL1500_.jpg

Dan W

I've been playing around with different versions of this idea for quite a while. A 2 liter bottle with a few holes drilled in the bottom seems to be around the right volume for me. I think it depends on the deepness of your breathing.

I drill a hole in the cap to the bottle and glue in a length of tubing. That lets me grip the tubing in my teeth while the bottle hangs parallel to my body, keeping it mostly out of the way. It makes me look like I just emerged from a recycling bin though.

Any kind of hose/tubing that's not too toxic could work too, couldn't it? Diameter and length according to current state?
I tried this, but using long tubing tends to capture too much exhaled moisture without enough airflow for it to evaporate. Maybe it'd work better with vent holes along the length that could be covered during a session.

OP
S
I'm still looking for something like what Blossom posted :pigeon:

tara

Blossom

Forum Supporter
I'm still looking for something like what Blossom posted :pigeon:
Ambu Res Cue Mask Professional CPR Mask Pocket Resuscitator in Clamshell Case | eBay
This might work although it has a valve to protect a person from being contaminated by another person's secretions or vomit when providing CPR so I'm not sure if that would be a problem or if the value could be removed.
The mask I originally posted fits on the end of an Ambu bag so the protective value isn't necessary but I haven't been able to find that particular one for sale to the public yet. I'll keep looking.

tara

Don't you think it could be tiresome for the jaws?
Good point. Dunno. Depends how heavy the snorkel is? Blossom's mask looked better, and could be extended as needed.

Blossom

Forum Supporter
Member co2islife uses the same mask on on his co2 gas inhaling device he recently released. Maybe he would share his supplier information?

OP
S
Ambu Res Cue Mask Professional CPR Mask Pocket Resuscitator in Clamshell Case | eBay
This might work although it has a valve to protect a person from being contaminated by another person's secretions or vomit when providing CPR so I'm not sure if that would be a problem or if the value could be removed.
The mask I originally posted fits on the end of an Ambu bag so the protective value isn't necessary but I haven't been able to find that particular one for sale to the public yet. I'll keep looking.

Nice!

EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals