Poor Man's Rebreather Kit

This works better than a bag and doesn't fill your lungs with that lovely plastic smell. You need two empty bottles and a pair of scissors. Adjust the distance between the bottles until you can obtain a comfortable concentration of carbon dioxide and oxygen. :mask: (Inspired by Ray Peat for saying that people with longer noses retain more CO2).

ghetto.png

OP
S
Doesn't this encourage mouth breathing? With a bag you can inhale through the nose and exhale with the mouth.

Yeah but you're breathing high CO2 so there isn't much difference how you do it.

keith

This works better than a bag and doesn't fill your lungs with that lovely plastic smell.

Aren't you supposed to use a paper bag for bag rebreathing? Sometimes I just pull my t-shirt up over my nose and rebreathe into my shirt. Very low tech, but seems effective.

OP
S
Aren't you supposed to use a paper bag for bag rebreathing? Sometimes I just pull my t-shirt up over my nose and rebreathe into my shirt. Very low tech, but seems effective.

Well all paper bags are treated with some kind of chemical or plastic.

keith

OP
S
Imagine doing this with two-liter bottles... this still would need some sort of mask to be comfortable, though.

mirc12354

I think it would work even better if on the O2 side jou leave the cap on the bottle and just make a few tiny holes in it or on the bottle-more CO2.

OP
S
Good idea but it would take quite a few holes. The normal hole already is close to restricting normal airflow. The objective is to be able to breathe as freely as usual while having more carbon dioxide. If airflow is restricted you create positive and negative pressure on the container and the bottle is really not made for negative pressure.

marteagal

Thank you, @Such_Saturation, for describing this method! The smell/chemicals found in both plastic and paper bags is exactly what has prevented me from doing bag breathing despite reading about the benefits all the time. Will definitely try your setup.

OP
S
Let us know how it goes people! So we can improve it.

EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals