Pomegranate alternatives to keep endotoxin low?

rayban

Pomegranate is out of season in my country. I can still find it, but it's expensive and comes from I don't even know where.

Can I just drink comercial pomegranate juice? I found one by a company in spain called "AMC drinks". It says:

INGREDIENTS: Pomegranate juice. Not from concentrate (direct juice) 200 ml is equivalent to 1 of the 5 recommended daily servings of fruit and vegetables

pomegranatejuice.png

pomeg.jpg

Am I ok drinking a glass of this juice daily? I add it in a snack, it's a quick way to get pomegranate and extra sugar, some extra kcals because I walk 1 hour later after that. I have with it some toasted bread with chocolate, or blueberry mermalade.

Any other alternatives?

The idea comes from this post:

Can we get some ideas in here?

Last edited:
OP
R

rayban

I would like more ideas for beverages and stuff so I dont have to drink the same everyday. Im ok with natural orange juice daily but I would like some variations with this.

Peachy

I like mixing various natural juices with aloe juice. Black/green or hibiscus teas with honey. Dandelion tea. Coconut water.

OP
R

rayban

I like mixing various natural juices with aloe juice. Black/green or hibiscus teas with honey. Dandelion tea. Coconut water.
I've read aloe vera juice can lower thyroid antibodies. I want to try drinking some daily but its so damn expensive:

Amazon product ASIN B00XO2DLJIView: https://www.amazon.fr/Marnys-Jus-dAloe-Vera-Agave/dp/B00XO2DLJI/

500 ml for 13,44€
If I take 50ml a day, that's 40€ worth of aloe per month.

This one has agave syrup, not sure if relevant.

akgrrrl

I got tired of buying things to drink.
Now I grow a couple big pots of mint which comes back every year. Dry it in the oven, brew strong tea with it, add honey sometimes a squeeze of lemon. I funnel that strong tea into the glass bottles I used to buy my drinks in, and over ice it dilutes perfectly. In the fridge, all summer.

Peachy

I got tired of buying things to drink.
Now I grow a couple big pots of mint which comes back every year. Dry it in the oven, brew strong tea with it, add honey sometimes a squeeze of lemon. I funnel that strong tea into the glass bottles I used to buy my drinks in, and over ice it dilutes perfectly. In the fridge, all summer.
This sounds so good! I just bought a mint plant this season. Maybe I’ll try it. My dad makes sun tea with mint and it’s so refreshing.

akgrrrl

This sounds so good! I just bought a mint plant this season. Maybe I’ll try it. My dad makes sun tea with mint and it’s so refreshing.
You will love it, and then hmmm maybe this would be good paired with rooibos. No wait, how about with red hibiscus, or some orange juice dashed into a tall tea with an orange rind twist...

Makrosky

Pomegranate is out of season in my country. I can still find it, but it's expensive and comes from I don't even know where.

Can I just drink comercial pomegranate juice? I found one by a company in spain called "AMC drinks". It says:

pomegranatejuice.png

pomeg.jpg

Am I ok drinking a glass of this juice daily? I add it in a snack, it's a quick way to get pomegranate and extra sugar, some extra kcals because I walk 1 hour later after that. I have with it some toasted bread with chocolate, or blueberry mermalade.

Any other alternatives?

The idea comes from this post:

Can we get some ideas in here?
Seems legit. For what a bottled juice can be. Will never be as good as fresh one but why not trying it.

How do you peel pomegranates to eat them or juice them when in season? One reason I don't consume it is because of the pain in the neck to peel it. Hate it :)

OP
R

rayban

Seems legit. For what a bottled juice can be. Will never be as good as fresh one but why not trying it.

How do you peel pomegranates to eat them or juice them when in season? One reason I don't consume it is because of the pain in the neck to peel it. Hate it :)
Yeah peeling it is annoying. That and keeping them in an edible state because they can become too matured. I can still buy them off season now from an online site but it has shipping costs, so you have to pay shipping costs each time you buy and since it's a fruit you can't buy a lot of them, 2 or 3 per week max. It's just too much. Fruit like this is best bought on a local store. For now I have this juice to get some pomegranate exposure in a reasonable way. I still will buy some pomegrannates but like I said I cannot buy fruit online in bulk.
I apply some sugar on it and eat them. 1 pomegrannate lasts me for 2 days (1 half is 1 serving for me).

Im interested in testing aloe vera juice since i saw an study that shows it can help lowering thyroid antibodies but im not sure which one to buy.

Peachy

Yeah peeling it is annoying. That and keeping them in an edible state because they can become too matured. I can still buy them off season now from an online site but it has shipping costs, so you have to pay shipping costs each time you buy and since it's a fruit you can't buy a lot of them, 2 or 3 per week max. It's just too much. Fruit like this is best bought on a local store. For now I have this juice to get some pomegranate exposure in a reasonable way. I still will buy some pomegrannates but like I said I cannot buy fruit online in bulk.
I apply some sugar on it and eat them. 1 pomegrannate lasts me for 2 days (1 half is 1 serving for me).

Im interested in testing aloe vera juice since i saw an study that shows it can help lowering thyroid antibodies but im not sure which one to buy.
I tried looking into Amazon France’s options and yeah, very pricey! Maybe ask around in a health food/herb shop?

Dr. B

I would like more ideas for beverages and stuff so I dont have to drink the same everyday. Im ok with natural orange juice daily but I would like some variations with this.
How good is pomegranate juice at anti endotoxin, which other juices and fruits or food drinks have this effect? Regular water? Milk and milkfat beef fat or no?
Lakewood has a good organic pomegranate juice they probably ship it since its shelf stable.
Also another company called super juice or something sells an organic shelf stable pomegranate juice

OP
R

rayban

How good is pomegranate juice at anti endotoxin, which other juices and fruits or food drinks have this effect? Regular water? Milk and milkfat beef fat or no?
Lakewood has a good organic pomegranate juice they probably ship it since its shelf stable.
Also another company called super juice or something sells an organic shelf stable pomegranate juice
Dunno, im just drinking this juice daily for now until someone can come up with more ideas. I'll buy the ocasional pomegranate to eat the actual juice too even if it's out of season, they import it from other countries but I would like some variety.

LadyRae

You will love it, and then hmmm maybe this would be good paired with rooibos. No wait, how about with red hibiscus, or some orange juice dashed into a tall tea with an orange rind twist...
Be careful where you plant your mint, haha, it will take over. I do the same thing as you, I brew a couple big glass pots of my homemade mint tea a day and I do use Rooibos too! I think it feels really good in my stomach and it's also supposed to be good for your skin

akgrrrl

Be careful where you plant your mint, haha, it will take over. I do the same thing as you, I brew a couple big glass pots of my homemade mint tea a day and I do use Rooibos too! I think it feels really good in my stomach and it's also supposed to be good for your skin
Ooh I have never read that was good for skin, nice. As of today I have spearmint and two types of peppermint, all very distinct varieties. I built a large kidney shaped bed with two layers of cement blocks to hold heat at the back. I jammed green glass bottles and some blue bottles in all the holes. The bed slants down to its border of large rocks with a plastic edger to keep grass from jumping over. I hope this contains them!

LadyRae

Ooh I have never read that was good for skin, nice. As of today I have spearmint and two types of peppermint, all very distinct varieties. I built a large kidney shaped bed with two layers of cement blocks to hold heat at the back. I jammed green glass bottles and some blue bottles in all the holes. The bed slants down to its border of large rocks with a plastic edger to keep grass from jumping over. I hope this contains them!
Sounds like a minty fresh garden. Enjoy!

I, too, love pomegranates and in the fall I buy so many of them. Everyone in our household loves them and takes the time to get all the seeds out into a bowl. My girls are 8,9, 14 and 16... But we always make sure to wear an apron or a dark red colored shirt haha

EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals