Polyvagal theory.. in practice?

Perceiver

A "precision medicine" doctor has recently diagnosed me with dysautonomy with underactive parasympathetic activity and overactive sympathetic activity. My symptoms are fatige (mainly in the afternoons), mild anxiety, palpitations at night and waking up nervous. He assumes my fatigue is the result of the overactivity of my sympathethic system.

He wants me to do the "Safe & Sound protocol" based on the Polyvagal Theory (developed by Stephen Porges) to rebalance my autonomic system. However the price of the protocol in my country is quite steep.

Has anyone done the "Safe & Sound protocol"? Is it effective?
Are there any effective alternatives to rebalance the autonomic system?

Thanks

GTW

IDK anything about those. No doubt there are many traditional medicinal remedies supporting solar plexus/vagal/parasympathetic system.
IR therapy, early and/or late sunlight on your skin. IR therapy led lights, I use one shining on my chest. If you like mechanistic reductionist theories, IR stimulates melatonin in mitochondria. So timing is a key factor and the balance with blue light that suppresses pineal melatonin secretion vs sleep.

aliml

Stimulating the vagus nerve and increasing cholinergic activity may help rebalance the autonomic system.

OP
P

Perceiver

Thanks for your responses.
I was looking for someone who has rebalanced his/her autonomic system or has experience rebalancing other people's systems.
I live in Spain

Last edited:

Whataboutbob

A "precision medicine" doctor has recently diagnosed me with dysautonomy with underactive parasympathetic activity and overactive sympathetic activity. My symptoms are fatige (mainly in the afternoons), mild anxiety, palpitations at night and waking up nervous. He assumes my fatigue is the result of the overactivity of my sympathethic system.

He wants me to do the "Safe & Sound protocol" based on the Polyvagal Theory (developed by Stephen Porges) to rebalance my autonomic system. However the price of the protocol in my country is quite steep.

Has anyone done the "Safe & Sound protocol"? Is it effective?
Are there any effective alternatives to rebalance the autonomic system?

Thanks

View: https://youtu.be/Iw7Xz-wl5Lo?si=KvwwT5xcoemByFjw

EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals
Back
Top Bottom