Polyunsaturated Fat "Experiment"

Runenight201

Without fish oil I have penis pain and lots of dribbling after going wee, without omega 6 I have really dry face and cold legs and without them I have no libido and bad erections I think some people need to have polyunsaturated fats.

The thing is these fats are found in practically every food we eat. Supplementing omega-6 just doesn’t sound like a good idea given how easy it is to obtain this fat eating normal foods. I could maybe see an argument for supplementing omega-3s

Jing

The thing is these fats are found in practically every food we eat. Supplementing omega-6 just doesn’t sound like a good idea given how easy it is to obtain this fat eating normal foods. I could maybe see an argument for supplementing omega-3s
It depends where omega 6 is coming for I think .. oils such as borage oil and evening primrose oil I think are ok, vegtable oil, sunflower,rapeseed oil are bad ..

Runenight201

It depends where omega 6 is coming for I think .. oils such as borage oil and evening primrose oil I think are ok, vegtable oil, sunflower,rapeseed oil are bad ..

Wouldn’t the body treat omega-6 as omega-6 no matter the source?

ddjd

I just got back from Mexico where i unwittingly did a similar thing of indulging in PUFA rich Guacamole almost every day for two weeks. I kept feeling terribly weak, like I had the flu, and then it dawned on me why. Never again

Wagner83

Amazoniac (and others before) posted about enzymes which convert pufas into sfas in the digestive tract, perhaps avoiding pufas like the plague means they won't function at all when one loads up on them again. This had also made me curious about whether pufas naturally present within foods are treated differently compared to pufas in refined foods (oils...).

Atman

Without fish oil I have penis pain and lots of dribbling after going wee, without omega 6 I have really dry face and cold legs and without them I have no libido and bad erections I think some people need to have polyunsaturated fats.

How did people in continental Europe get their precious fish oils until the middle of the 20th century?

Until very recently virtually nobody was eating fish oils or large amounts of PUFAs generally.

Jing

How did people in continental Europe get their precious fish oils until the middle of the 20th century?

Until very recently virtually nobody was eating fish oils or large amounts of PUFAs generally.
Don't know but I am in pain without fish oil .. any other solutions?

Atman

Don't know but I am in pain without fish oil .. any other solutions?
I can only give you the standard Peat-answer: The omega-3s are probably just supressing your immune response to some inflamation in your body, thereby only masking the symptoms.

Jing

I can only give you the standard Peat-answer: The omega-3s are probably just supressing your immune response to some inflamation in your body, thereby only masking the symptoms.
Well I guess I have to carry on taking fish oil then, it's reducing my inflammation and it works.

Jing

might be a good idea to find out why your **** hurts without fish oil?
I've had the pain for 3-4 years .. urologist can't find anything .. must be inflammation which fish oil lowers.

Runenight201

I've had the pain for 3-4 years .. urologist can't find anything .. must be inflammation which fish oil lowers.

You could also try eating more seafood in general and see if that helps. Especially oysters, shrimp, scallops, and fish eggs

boris

It doesn't lower inflammation in that way. It supresses immune reaction which is not a good thing.

opethfeldt

An experiment like this is interesting but ultimately not that useful. You can't rule out the possibility of placebo now that you "know" PUFA is bad for you.