miquelangeles

@JamesGatz right again: Is Cotton and Leather the only safe clothing materials ? What do people think of Cashmere/wool/linen ?

An experimental study on the effect of different types of textiles on conception​

- A total of 35 female dogs were divided into five equal groups: four test and one control.
- Each of the four test groups was dressed in one type of textile underpants made of either 100% polyester, 50/50% polyester-cotton mix, 100% cotton, or 100% wool.
- The pants were worn for 12 months. The dogs were followed during this period and for 6 months after removal of the pants by measuring the serum oestradiol 17b and progesterone and by mating. Electrostatic potentials were also measured on the textile-covered skin.
- Eight female dogs wearing polyester-containing textile showed diminished serum progesterone in the oestrus of the oestrous cycle, and did not conceive on mating or insemination.
- Electrostatic potentials were detected on the skin of all dogs dressed in polyester-containing textile.
- The low serum progesterone and non-conception of the eight dogs could point to anovulation and failure of luteinisation. It is suggested that the electrostatic potentials detected on the skin create an ‘electrostatic field’ that inhibits the ovarian function.
- The group wearing cotton and wool as well as the control group had normal levels of serum reproductive hormones during the period of wearing the pants and conceived on mating.
- However, the effect proved to be reversible. Six months after the removal of the pants, all ******** had normal serum levels of reproductive hormones and conceived.

Quite dramatic inhibition of ovarian function during the estrus phase:

progesterone-estradiol-oestrus.jpg

pregnancy-textiles.jpg

electrostatic-potentials.jpg

Attachments

• An experimental study on the effect of different types of textiles on conception.pdf
    84.1 KB · Views: 41
OP
miquelangeles

miquelangeles

Polyester clothing reduces by half the compound muscle action potential amplitude, in this testing scenario from 4.8 millivolts to 2.2 millivolts:

Mauritio

lvysaur

Does anyone know the name for different "weaves" of cotton?

A lot of the cheaper 100% cotton shirts are very stiff and rough. Poly-cotton blends actually feel better than these (though obviously not healthy)

There's also a certain type of cotton shirt, always gray/mottled in color, which feels really soft even though it's usually sold as cheap Tshirts. The solid color cotton shirts never achieve the same level of comfort.

sunny

A lot of the cheaper 100% cotton shirts are very stiff and rough. Poly-cotton blends actually feel better than these (though obviously not healthy)

There's also a certain type of cotton shirt, always gray/mottled in color, which feels really soft even though it's usually sold as cheap Tshirts. The solid color cotton shirts never achieve the same level of comfort.
That cotton feeling shirt might not be cotton. You have to watch the canvas shoes these days also. What you expect to be canvas turns out to be recycled plastic 🤔

Sphagnum

I can't say I know the answer as far as weaves, but I do know that other factors also come into play when determining cotton fabric softness including the fiber length (Pima and Egyptian for example are longer fibers and feel softer,) thread count (higher counts are softer,) as well as chemical processing (many cotton clothes, particularly denim, undergo enzyme bathes to break them down which makes them softer.)

Linked below is a post I made on sourcing some cotton clothes that are less chemically treated than others, and are still soft. The company in this post is Cottonique. I can vouch that their 100% cotton clothing is super soft, so you could go to their website contact info and ask all about the fabric, and then see if you want to buy from them or another source that uses similar fabric. Does 100% natural commercially available male's underwear even exist?

Additionally, I have bought relatively inexpensive (4-packs priced between $14-30) 100% cotton shirts from Hanes online, and I'd say they are pretty well "broken in" and comfortable. They have a decent number of different colors to choose from. Just make sure the color you buy is 100% cotton, as there is a small number that are polyester mixes. Each color should have its own materials info listed.

Last edited:

FitnessMike

Toothpaste, deodorant, shower gel, laundry detergent, and clothes are next to take care of.

All the underwear and socks I wear are 95% cotton so I guess they are fine, need to get rid of all these plastic shorts.

Mauritio

@miquelangeles do you know anything about the safety of elasthan? I have a few things that are 5 or 10% elasthan and the rest cotton, but Im not sure if that enough to worry about...

EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals
Back
Top Bottom