Polyester Is Dangerous and Bad for your Health

Miscarriages are tied to Polyester underwear, according to this National Institute of Health study. Another of their studies talks about just using Polyester undergarments for men as a 100% effective contraceptive. More studies show it can cause infertility in women and sterility and impotence in men. Did you know a lot of Hanes and Fruit of the Loom men’s and women’s underwear are 80%+ Polyester fabric? Other studies and scientists say that Polyester can be toxic and to keep babies away from it.

Skin exposure to Polyester can cause rashes, itching, redness, eczema, dermatitis, blistering or make existing skin problems worse for those with sensitive skin, up to 3 days later. Heat releases Polyester chemicals like Antimony oxide Sb2O3, which is used to make Polyester and is a known carcinogen. With body heat, it is partially dissolved with sweat and absorbed by the skin. It can cause heart, liver, kidney and skin ailments. When the Polyester gasses are inhaled, Formaldehyde and other Perfluorochemicals (PFCs) can cause lung problems and headaches. The American Academy of Pediatrics wrote about the seriousness of PFC’s. Kid’s pajamas with Polyester are terrible for them too. A huge study in New Zealand found fire retardants in 200,000 crib mattresses were the cause of Sudden Infant Death Syndrome (SIDS). They have some of the same chemical gasses as Polyester.

Polyester in pillows and bedding is a huge cause of insomnia, headaches, fatigue and bad rest since it doesn’t let your body regulate its temperature. High end hotels use only 100% cotton bedding. Cheap motels use the cheaper cotton/Polyester blends. Cheap towels made with cotton and polyester thread (filler) get musty. 100% cotton towels don't.

Well, looks like everything is trying to kill us. I guess I'm going with cotton sheets and bamboo underwear...

yes and pass on " microfiber " sheets as well. the dangers of synthetic fibers has been known for a long time.

LA

Well, looks like everything is trying to kill us. I guess I'm going with cotton sheets and bamboo underwear...
Good link as many dont seem to understand the threat to our bodies with that fake stuff. I only purchase 100% washable 100% cotton or 100% washable 100% Merino Wool. Have some 100% boiled wool coats and they will be good forever; waste is hurting all of us too.

Last edited:

cats

Even natural fibers can be heavily treated with volatile chemicals in order to enhance their softness, appearance or other qualities. I think cheaper products probably have more of these because the base fibers they're made of are of inferior quality and warrant enhancement. For example, cheap cotton fiber is rougher and less lustrous than high grade cotton fiber such as sea island cotton. The same goes for wool.

JamesGatz

100% Agreed - I feel estrogen raise every time I wear a polyester blend or polyester jersey especially will ruin my mood - All my clothes are 100% cotton as this is the only type of cloth I've tried that doesn't mess with my test levels - All my clothes are Ralph Lauren Big & Tall as my size has grown considerably since peating

somuch4food

At some point during my first pregnancy, I thought I had a UTI. I went to check with a nurse and she mentioned if I wore any polyester underwear and that during pregnancy, the skin is more sensitive and polyester underwear can cause similar symptoms to a UTI. Low and behold, this all went away when I made sure to not wear the polyester underwear I had.

Then, my first son at some point reacted with urticaria to red polyester garments and I have notice that when he wears polyesters he is more moody. All these anecdotes are enough to show me to avoid it. I still have some pieces with 60/40 cotton polyester that I wear less often.

And I'm not too sure cheaper clothes means more chemicals. I recently bought at Winners a 100% cotton Nike shirt and found that it starts to smell bad if I sweat in it. It is the softest cotton shirt I had ever felt and I'm now suspicious that it is because of some chemical treatment.

RealNeat

Miscarriages are tied to Polyester underwear, according to this National Institute of Health study. Another of their studies talks about just using Polyester undergarments for men as a 100% effective contraceptive. More studies show it can cause infertility in women and sterility and impotence in men. Did you know a lot of Hanes and Fruit of the Loom men’s and women’s underwear are 80%+ Polyester fabric? Other studies and scientists say that Polyester can be toxic and to keep babies away from it.

Skin exposure to Polyester can cause rashes, itching, redness, eczema, dermatitis, blistering or make existing skin problems worse for those with sensitive skin, up to 3 days later. Heat releases Polyester chemicals like Antimony oxide Sb2O3, which is used to make Polyester and is a known carcinogen. With body heat, it is partially dissolved with sweat and absorbed by the skin. It can cause heart, liver, kidney and skin ailments. When the Polyester gasses are inhaled, Formaldehyde and other Perfluorochemicals (PFCs) can cause lung problems and headaches. The American Academy of Pediatrics wrote about the seriousness of PFC’s. Kid’s pajamas with Polyester are terrible for them too. A huge study in New Zealand found fire retardants in 200,000 crib mattresses were the cause of Sudden Infant Death Syndrome (SIDS). They have some of the same chemical gasses as Polyester.

Polyester in pillows and bedding is a huge cause of insomnia, headaches, fatigue and bad rest since it doesn’t let your body regulate its temperature. High end hotels use only 100% cotton bedding. Cheap motels use the cheaper cotton/Polyester blends. Cheap towels made with cotton and polyester thread (filler) get musty. 100% cotton towels don't.

Thanks for highlighting this. It's really important, it's getting harder and harder to find natural fibers. I'd add to this things like rayon which have a lot of people suffering from chronic headaches especially when worn on the head as caps.

Bamboo processing can be really involved and to toxic like other fabrics, you can't really win when the product is new. Consider also that the dryer releases these fumes into the house if there isn't good venting and in people's faces when they open the dryer, there are micro and nano particles literally everywhere because of these in everyone's houses.

I buy as much second hand stuff as possible, natural fabrics and it's actually easier to find than regular department stores. Just make sure to give it a smell and avoid moldy or heavily soiled clothes.

I also buy second hand my stainless steel cookware. The metals leach the most when new and become more stable after many uses.

Body odor is much more apparent with synthetic fibers too. Many are now using antimicrobial nano particles and Teflon related chemicals to "waterproof" things. There are even garments with infused pesticides...

cats

"Bamboo" fabric is rayon that uses bamboo as the starting material. Most rayon is derived from wood. Naming it for the starting material is just a marketing ploy.

I buy as much second hand stuff as possible, natural fabrics and it's actually easier to find than regular department stores. Just make sure to give it a smell and avoid moldy or heavily soiled clothes.

This is a good idea. Buying second hand also allows you to get higher end products for the same price as the cheap stuff. Check ebay, grailed, poshmark, jawnflip, etc.

GreekDemiGod

Damn, so the gym apparel from Gymshark and other big brands is bad? What am I supposed to wear?
Wearing cotton makes you sweat a lot if you do physical activity.

cats

There are companies that offer athletic clothing made of merino wool. Icebreaker Merino and Smartwool, for example

OP
M
Damn, so the gym apparel from Gymshark and other big brands is bad? What am I supposed to wear?
Wearing cotton makes you sweat a lot if you do physical activity.
Honestly tho. I was sad cuz I legit just invested in some athleticwear. I'm looking into wool underwear now cuz they claim it's moisture wicking. Imma try a pair and see tho.

OP
M
Peat says it's fine.
Really. I know it's all hear say. But just from my own experience and that of quite a few people on the internet there's a major difference in the way you feel after wearing synthetic clothing. I went from the old school tighty whities to the fancy athletic stuff and my erection quality went down noticably.

OP
M
"Bamboo" fabric is rayon that uses bamboo as the starting material. Most rayon is derived from wood. Naming it for the starting material is just a marketing ploy.

This is a good idea. Buying second hand also allows you to get higher end products for the same price as the cheap stuff. Check ebay, grailed, poshmark, jawnflip, etc.
So is it still mainly organic then? It sounds like it from what you're saying. Would you consider it a safe alternative?

OP
M
Thanks for highlighting this. It's really important, it's getting harder and harder to find natural fibers. I'd add to this things like rayon which have a lot of people suffering from chronic headaches especially when worn on the head as caps.

Bamboo processing can be really involved and to toxic like other fabrics, you can't really win when the product is new. Consider also that the dryer releases these fumes into the house if there isn't good venting and in people's faces when they open the dryer, there are micro and nano particles literally everywhere because of these in everyone's houses.

I also buy second hand my stainless steel cookware. The metals leach the most when new and become more stable after many uses.

Body odor is much more apparent with synthetic fibers too. Many are now using antimicrobial nano particles and Teflon related chemicals to "waterproof" things. There are even garments with infused pesticides...
Facts. Good to know!

Lollipop2

Cotton, wool and silk for the win. Tough to find these days - almost everything is a blend.

RealNeat

Really. I know it's all hear say. But just from my own experience and that of quite a few people on the internet there's a major difference in the way you feel after wearing synthetic clothing. I went from the old school tighty whities to the fancy athletic stuff and my erection quality went down noticably.
& @Kvothe There are people who I know suffering arthritic like symptoms when wearing fibers which encourage static buildup, especially in dry weather. Even TCM warns against wool even though it's a natural fiber because of its ability to mess with the bodies more intricate communication systems/ flow of chi.

maybe someone who is completely sedentary who never sweats would be "fine" wearing this crap but those who are sweaty and actually do stuff are at risk. Sweat is warm, salty and the skin acidic perfect condition to leach crap from plastic clothes. I don't know if Dr. Peat has actually said that 1 and if he has he must not realize how much of everyone's stuff is plastic from carpet, jackets, shoes, socks, underwear, couches, blankets, bedding, pillows etc and like mentioned above people then wash all this plastic and dry it... getting the plastic in the air of their home and municipal water supply.

Imo it's definitely a concern

EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals
Back
Top Bottom