Poll Finds Public Health Has A Trust Problem

Mito

B4FB75DF-2E34-44FF-BE8B-5E4197A4EC0D.jpeg

View: https://www.npr.org/2021/05/13/996331692/poll-finds-public-health-has-a-trust-problem

Drareg

Keeping in mind most of the public no longer trust polls either, as usual it’s probably worse than the poll indicates.

OP
Mito

Mito

Poll matches vaccination rate pretty well.

18670706-155C-4DD3-82D3-24A18B7AFB18.jpeg

yerrag

Drareg

It would be interesting to see the social class of those vaccinated, white educated liberal types are the most delusional and increasingly see vaccine as essential to their woke views, I’m guessing they make up a large cohort.

yerrag

I had never believed in the power of mass hypnosis until last year. The spell is hard to unlock. I have stopped trying. The hypnotized may even stay that way to the grave, happy and thankful for a life well-lived.

I had never believed in the power of mass hypnosis until last year. The spell is hard to unlock. I have stopped trying. The hypnotized may even stay that way to the grave, happy and thankful for a life well-lived.

I work in IT, among people who deal with algorithms, solve complex logical problems, are generally what I would consider intelligent and educated (at least within their field).

Yet nevertheless, from the conversations I've had, it is apparent that very few of them have given ANY critical thinking to receiving this vaccine. About a quarter of them have already received it in some form, the other half have either signed up or thinking about it. I haven't even heard a single doubt articulated in the sense that this is a highly experimental medical intervention which even the manufacturers themselves refuse to stand behind.

People really put blind trust in mass consensus and 'institutions'. If it's on TV and talked about all the time, surely the 'experts' have deemed it safe and it can do no wrong.

yerrag

I work in IT, among people who deal with algorithms, solve complex logical problems, are generally what I would consider intelligent and educated (at least within their field).

Yet nevertheless, from the conversations I've had, it is apparent that very few of them have given ANY critical thinking to receiving this vaccine. About a quarter of them have already received it in some form, the other half have either signed up or thinking about it. I haven't even heard a single doubt articulated in the sense that this is a highly experimental medical intervention which even the manufacturers themselves refuse to stand behind.

People really put blind trust in mass consensus and 'institutions'. If it's on TV and talked about all the time, surely the 'experts' have deemed it safe and it can do no wrong.
The first time I went to Hongkong, that was in the 80s, I was amazed that the public transportation system worked on an honor system, except for the subway. The buses I boarded I drop a token in, and proceeded to take a seat. When I told the host I was staying with how honest people are there, he told me that no one in his right mind would want to cheat for something so insignificant. They would save the cheating for the big items. Big crooks abound for the big time heist.

Over the years, I've wised up and saw how true that statement was. Most people still think crime is still about petty theft, not realizing the true crime is in the big time, with institutions. Jails are filled with people of petty crimes. The big time crooks and their accomplices are the ones making the laws and the belief systems. The media used to keep them in check, until they bought out all media. For a while, there was the free internet. Now the main influencers in the internet have made what seemed impossible before - mass hyposis - possible.

The less affluent, the less educated, and the less wired in you are, the more difficult it is to be hypnotized. The hypnotized have their experts - the pied pipers. The sad thing is their experts remain as their experts, even after they have cried wolf so many times. Truly hypnotized. And pathetic fools.