Politics In The Ray Peat Forum And Retaliation

Status
Not open for further replies.

natedawggh

It has been brought to my attention that Charlie has been banning members from the forum who express opposing political viewpoints.

I am extremely upset about this for the sole point that politics does not seem to be the point of this forum.

Also some of the members who have been banned have made great contributions to our experiences here and their absence is a detriment to our collective wellbeing.

Not only that but the forum leading up to the election turned into a hot bed of nasty, demoralizing dialogue riddled with sexism, homophobia, and general rancor. Much of this was initiated by Charlie himself, in opposition to the mission of the forum.

Charlie needs to restore the accounts of those he banned for expressing opposing political views, and as a moderator of the forum cease using his position to sponsor topics which are divisive and distracting from the forum's purpose, which is to discuss and distribute information about science and nutrition based around Ray Peat.

@tara @Blossom @haidut @Tarmander @lindsay @Such_Saturation @Peata @Giraffe @Mittir @thebigpeatowski @DaveFoster @ecstatichamster
@charlie

Last edited:

charlie

Admin
The Law & Order Admin
It has been brought to my attention that Charlie has been banning members from the forum who express opposing political viewpoints.
You have been mislead. People have been banned for mistreating others and lack of respect, nothing else. If you do not like how this forum is run, then you are free to leave. If you continue to try to stir up trouble and cause strife here, you will be banned.

Last edited:

charlie

Admin
The Law & Order Admin
Charlie - Do you consider this thread that @natedawggh created as trying to stir up trouble?
Absolutely.

He could have at first contacted me privately if he was truly worried about the health of this forum and then if no response or not one he liked, could have taken it to the forum. He has also spread a lie that I have banned people for political affiliations when I have not. He has insinuated that people here are nasty, sexist, homophobic and the like. And then tells me that I need to restore people accounts who have clearly broken the rules here. All the while trying to limit this forum to science and nutrition. What happened to art? What happened to politics? What happened to sharing information of interest with other members inside a community? This is clearly a person when information is not being spread to their interests, they will try to shut them down. What a riot.

schultz

Oh what I didn't get an @tell? Is it because I'm just a lowly beta member? ...or is it because I'm Canadian... :tinfoilhat

Some people do tend to be a bit rude and it seems unnecessary. That being said, I do miss the contribution of some of the people who have been banned, though I do appreciate how this forum doesn't resemble a youtube comments section...

I am empathetic to both sides.

I didn't get a notification either :cool

charlie

Admin
The Law & Order Admin
I am empathetic to both sides.
I am too and will consider lifting bans if they contact me and give me their assurance that they want to work towards bettering this community and treat others with respect, not tearing each other down.

charlie

Admin
The Law & Order Admin
OP
natedawggh

natedawggh

You have been mislead. People have been banned for mistreating others and lack of respect, nothing else. If you do not like how this forum is run, then you are free to leave. If you continue to try to stir up trouble and cause strife here, you will be banned.

Your definition of mistreatment seems to include only people who disagree with your political viewpoints. There were more than a handful of people levying serious harassment at other forum members who still have accounts and I'm assuming it's because they share your political viewpoints? Why haven't their accounts been blocked?

You don't need to ban me, I won't be visiting anymore. There are other Ray Peat communities which don't engage in politics.

Last edited by a moderator:

charlie

Admin
The Law & Order Admin
Your definition of mistreatment seems to include only people who disagree with your political viewpoints. There were more than a handful of people levying serious harassment at other forum members who still have accounts and I'm assuming it's because they share your political viewpoints? Why haven't their accounts been blocked?
If you feel something needs to be brought to the attention of moderators then simply click the report button and let us know so we can quickly deal with it. We take all reports seriously.

Nina

This forum has been and still is very useful to me, and to a lot of people. I come here many times a day. I'd love to contribute more. Coming here is important to me. How else would I get Tara's advice? And members of the community's support?

Please. It's precious. Don't ruin this by fighting over politics. These conversations are definitely not bringing the best of you.

People come here feeling safe enough to share very personal stories.
Political talk about sensitive issues does not make people feel safe.

FredSonoma

Not making this comment to troll or anything, seriously asking to try to sway @charlie 's opinion.

I really don't think it matters at all if people disrespect each other. I understand for general pleasantness it would be nicer. But we are on an internet forum. Someone could insult me here about my greatest insecurities and softest spots... and it isn't really going to matter. I'm hearing it from someone that has never met me in real life.

What is the point of this forum, and our lives? To improve ourselves through physical health. If someone calls me all kinds of names in the political forum... so what? How does it really adversely affect someone that it is worth banning them? Especially in the case of someone that has been a great contributor to the real purpose of this forum, health, it is a clear net loss to ban them.

milk_lover

Just because I expressed my thoughts on gays in the media, nate jumped at me and insulted me so harshly. I didn't reiterate the same thing because I don't like to hurt people feelings. I apologized that my opinion hurt his feelings, but he didn't apologize for his insults. Personally, if you don't talk anymore on this site, I forgive you and I hope you forgive me so we live peacefully.

charlie

Admin
The Law & Order Admin
Status
Not open for further replies.
EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals
Back
Top Bottom