Podcast: Georgi on tinnitus?

K

Kayaker

I get itchy from dermal exposure to certain substances even if there's no redness and the itchiness is on my entire body rather than the area exposed to the substances. There was a pillow case that caused my whole back to start burning although it wasn't touching.

I'm also sensitive to chemical smells, possibly related. Natural smells don't bother me, but air fresheners are horrible and cars give me headaches.

Gustav3Y

I get itchy from dermal exposure to certain substances even if there's no redness and the itchiness is on my entire body rather than the area exposed to the substances. There was a pillow case that caused my whole back to start burning although it wasn't touching.

I'm also sensitive to chemical smells, possibly related. Natural smells don't bother me, but air fresheners are horrible and cars give me headaches.

I understand what you are saying, I know people like that exactly and partially I am the same, on the smells part.
I know I used to throw up as child when some heavy perfume like cologne was present for long in an enclosed space, I remember having headaches since a small child.

For me itchiness when it happens in the evening, now rarely compared to how often it was, means nightmares during sleep.

BTCMom

I am a former licensed, nationally board certified, hearing aid fitter, Often tinnitus is a sign of hearing loss. The question becomes what is causing the hearing loss? Hearing aids often help alleviate or stop tinnitus, and the theory is that the hearing aids are helping the brain receive the stimulation it needs. Tinnitus should be evaluated, because if you are encountering hearing loss and your brain does not receive adequate stimulation you put yourself at risk of serious cognitive decline that rises exponentially as the hearing loss progresses. Of course, the best solution is to get to the root cause of the hearing loss, not just treat the symptoms. Because the you are talking about, perhaps, damage to micro-vessels it may be one of the first signs of vascular disease. Often people have mild hearing loss and do not know it, with moderate loss they may begin to notice themselves, and the others around them will begin to complain about having to repeat things. Some medication including will also cause tinnitus.

I would suggest getting a hearing test.

Mudokon

Thanks for your expertise, I have had this for over a year and I am on a waiting list which I was told would be at least 2 years, I don't find I am losing my hearing it is more annoyance than anything, yes I would love to get to the root cause and find out exactly the main problem, the buzzing just is irritating any medication or exercises would greatly help.

Marcine

Cheers, I don't think it's my posture, I have this over a year and as I said it affects me at night time
In bed? Turn off your wi-fi or check to see what electrical/emf ***t is there. It's a big cause of tinnitus. Lots of people find that they have a smart meter or something on the other side of the wall.

OP
Judd Crane

Judd Crane

In bed? Turn off your wi-fi or check to see what electrical/emf ***t is there. It's a big cause of tinnitus. Lots of people find that they have a smart meter or something on the other side of the wall.
I've also noticed a clear correlation between tinnitus and EMF exposure. I think there might be a connection with melatonin, since melatonin is a key antioxidant in the nervous system, which is decreased by EMFs, and has been shown to relieve tinnitus.

Mudokon

Possibility but mine stems from something unrelated to that, the root xause has yet to be determined

rayban

I am a former licensed, nationally board certified, hearing aid fitter, Often tinnitus is a sign of hearing loss. The question becomes what is causing the hearing loss? Hearing aids often help alleviate or stop tinnitus, and the theory is that the hearing aids are helping the brain receive the stimulation it needs. Tinnitus should be evaluated, because if you are encountering hearing loss and your brain does not receive adequate stimulation you put yourself at risk of serious cognitive decline that rises exponentially as the hearing loss progresses. Of course, the best solution is to get to the root cause of the hearing loss, not just treat the symptoms. Because the you are talking about, perhaps, damage to micro-vessels it may be one of the first signs of vascular disease. Often people have mild hearing loss and do not know it, with moderate loss they may begin to notice themselves, and the others around them will begin to complain about having to repeat things. Some medication including will also cause tinnitus.

I would suggest getting a hearing test.
I hav a low rumble tinitus on my left side that started a year ago and gets worse if I put my finger inside then goes back to lower volume. Looks like it reacts to sound too.
Then the left side high pitched typical constant one.
No idea what causes it but I do use headphones daily.

P

Peatness

Dr Peat says tinnitus is caused by endotoxin. Other things I've heard that help are taurine, and magnesium

I think k2 might be useful too

EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals