Please Suggest Reasons Why B1 (Thiamine) Does This To Me?

Lokzo

Forum Supporter
Good-ey friends,

Lately I have been absolutely loving the effects of Thiamine HCL (ranging from 10-100mg) on it's own throughout the day.

However, sometimes it makes me:
-Lightheaded (Dizzy) Co2? - My breathing becomes shallow!!!
-Sleepy
-Brain-fog

What are the possible mechanisms driving this? I want to keep using it for it's motivation/mood benefits.
I was suspecting the following:
-Low Blood sugar?
-Low Blood Pressure (Tried having heaps of salt, but this barely helped)
-Excess CO2
-???

So I would like to figure out a way to mitigate these effects. Thanks!

BibleBeliever

From other posts on here; it increases your need for magnesium, potassium and manganese. I think the one study was animals given b1 without manganese became cannibalistic.
I take low dose, usually cut a 100mg pill into many pieces. I think Ray recommends about 10mg? I have seen studies from haidut that recommend super-dosages to treat liver issues though.

OP
Lokzo

Lokzo

Forum Supporter
From other posts on here; it increases your need for magnesium, potassium and manganese. I think the one study was animals given b1 without manganese became cannibalistic.
I take low dose, usually cut a 100mg pill into many pieces. I think Ray recommends about 10mg? I have seen studies from haidut that recommend super-dosages to treat liver issues though.

Okay sweet.
I will try bumping up my Potassium as I feel the others I'd be getting sufficient amounts.

Ironically, when I stack it with Siberian Ginseng, all those symptoms listed above seem to disappear... So unsure why/how...

OP
Lokzo

Lokzo

Forum Supporter

About 5 days later I've been using quite high dosages still. I am getting extreme hot flushes during the day, and really warm. Also noticing an elevated heart rate. I think it might be raising my cortisol because my libido has been shot. This is especially aparent if I don't eat enough carbohydrates.

D

Deleted member 5487

About 5 days later I've been using quite high dosages still. I am getting extreme hot flushes during the day, and really warm. Also noticing an elevated heart rate. I think it might be raising my cortisol because my libido has been shot. This is especially aparent if I don't eat enough carbohydrates.

Are you still dosing high?

I have been using 50-100mg in my smoothies and it is really helping actually burn my carbs for fuel.

My metabolism def increasing

Arnold Grape

It would be informative to know how much you're eating. My speculation is that b1 is ramping your metabolism and you do not have enough fuel to contend with this. Are you taking this with food? Typically, with large protein meals and adequate carbohydrate, I will take 100 mg of b1. Sometimes I take a lot.

Wolf

I usually take 300 mg every morning with a large amount of carbs and protein and 1g niacinamide.
I vote it's a fuel issue or you're not moving around enough.

managing

I usually take 300 mg every morning with a large amount of carbs and protein and 1g niacinamide.
I vote it's a fuel issue or you're not moving around enough.
Not moving around enough?

Wolf

Not moving around enough?
High sugar or b1 and not moving around at least once a day like for a short walk makes me feel Terrible.
Moderate exercise while on a b cocktail is amazing, very calming.

Motif

High sugar or b1 and not moving around at least once a day like for a short walk makes me feel Terrible.
Moderate exercise while on a b cocktail is amazing, very calming.

What do you feel from sugar without moving too much? I feel fidgety pretty often and have no idea why

Wolf

What do you feel from sugar without moving too much? I feel fidgety pretty often and have no idea why
Hyperactive and scatterbrained.
Only way to get rid of that for me is a lot of caffeine or similar stimulants which result in me tapping my foot or fidgeting. So movement

BigChad

Good-ey friends,

Lately I have been absolutely loving the effects of Thiamine HCL (ranging from 10-100mg) on it's own throughout the day.

However, sometimes it makes me:
-Lightheaded (Dizzy) Co2? - My breathing becomes shallow!!!
-Sleepy
-Brain-fog

What are the possible mechanisms driving this? I want to keep using it for it's motivation/mood benefits.
I was suspecting the following:
-Low Blood sugar?
-Low Blood Pressure (Tried having heaps of salt, but this barely helped)
-Excess CO2
-???

So I would like to figure out a way to mitigate these effects. Thanks!

Dont take more than 10mg, theres no reason to do it, none of these things should be megadosed, watersoluble doesnt equal safe, as mentioned it depletes manganese. I didnt know about the magnesium potassium. Basically every b vitamin megadosed promotes absorption of some minerals, excretion of others. Seems none of them promote manganese, iron or copper absorption though.

OP
Lokzo

Lokzo

Forum Supporter
Dont take more than 10mg, theres no reason to do it, none of these things should be megadosed, watersoluble doesnt equal safe, as mentioned it depletes manganese. I didnt know about the magnesium potassium. Basically every b vitamin megadosed promotes absorption of some minerals, excretion of others. Seems none of them promote manganese, iron or copper absorption though.

Yes, actually excellent points.

I have never read any literature on it's antagonistic nature to manganese though...

And isn't manganese already very abundant in our food?

BigChad

Yes, actually excellent points.

I have never read any literature on it's antagonistic nature to manganese though...

And isn't manganese already very abundant in our food?

Im not sure, i thought manganese was difficult to obtain. What foods is it in?
Manganese promotes copper and iron depletion.

B1 helps use manganese but also depletes it in higher amounts.

OP
Lokzo

Lokzo

Forum Supporter
Im not sure, i thought manganese was difficult to obtain. What foods is it in?
Manganese promotes copper and iron depletion.

B1 helps use manganese but also depletes it in higher amounts.

Sources of manganese:
Whole grains (wheat germ, oats, and bran), rice, and nuts (hazelnuts, almonds, and pecans) contain the highest amounts of manganese. Chocolate, tea, mussels, clams, legumes, fruit, leafy vegetables (spinach), seeds (flax, sesame, pumpkin, sunflower, and pine nuts), and spices (chili powder, cloves, and saffron) are also rich in manganese.

BigChad

Sources of manganese:
Whole grains (wheat germ, oats, and bran), rice, and nuts (hazelnuts, almonds, and pecans) contain the highest amounts of manganese. Chocolate, tea, mussels, clams, legumes, fruit, leafy vegetables (spinach), seeds (flax, sesame, pumpkin, sunflower, and pine nuts), and spices (chili powder, cloves, and saffron) are also rich in manganese.

But which of those are safe peaty foods. Idk if chocolate has much. Tea might but has its own issues. The nuts, seeds, vegetables an those spices are out. Arent cloves and saffron bad. Estrogenic or pro serotonin.
Whole grains are also out

charlie

Admin
The Law & Order Admin
Sources of manganese:
Maple syrup.

Experienced

Sources of manganese:
upload_2020-10-20_16-21-9.png

EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals