Please, Should I Be Worried About Turning Inosine Into Pharmaceutical?

Broken man

Hello all dear members, I am big fan of substances that can improve gastrointestinal conditions and for this reason, Inosine is my watched target. In the study I will post here, I saw something that little scared me, the authors stated that " The current data, coupled with inosine's excellent safety record, suggest that the concept of testing and developing inosine as a colitis therapy in humans may be justified." and because I am not native english speaker, my translator told me that there is high risk of using inosine as pharmaceutical making it more expensive to obtain. I would like to know your opinion about this, @haidut, @burtlancast @Amazoniac Thank you all.
https://www.physiology.org/doi/full/10.1152/ajpgi.00060.2002

Amazoniac

Hello all dear members, I am big fan of substances that can improve gastrointestinal conditions and for this reason, Inosine is my watched target. In the study I will post here, I saw something that little scared me, the authors stated that " The current data, coupled with inosine's excellent safety record, suggest that the concept of testing and developing inosine as a colitis therapy in humans may be justified." and because I am not native english speaker, my translator told me that there is high risk of using inosine as pharmaceutical making it more expensive to obtain. I would like to know your opinion about this, @haidut, @burtlancast @Amazoniac Thank you all.
Eastern European products as a last resource..

haidut

Forum Supporter

Inosine is already a pharmaceutical drug, at least in Europe. It is called Isoprinosine or Inosine Pranobex. Google it for more info. It is used as an immune booster and antiviral. I think plain inosine is safe for now as it has co-existed with Isoprinosine for decades without a ban on inosine. However, that can change soon if the FDA approves it as a drug. Several companies in the US are running late stage clinical trials with inosine for rapid recovery from stroke, TBI, and even depression. If any of these companies reaches FDA approval then inosine will probably be pulled similar to the B6 isomer pyridoxamine.

OP
Broken man

Broken man

Inosine is already a pharmaceutical drug, at least in Europe. It is called Isoprinosine or Inosine Pranobex. Google it for more info. It is used as an immune booster and antiviral. I think plain inosine is safe for now as it has co-existed with Isoprinosine for decades without a ban on inosine. However, that can change soon if the FDA approves it as a drug. Several companies in the US are running late stage clinical trials with inosine for rapid recovery from stroke, TBI, and even depression. If any of these companies reaches FDA approval then inosine will probably be pulled similar to the B6 isomer pyridoxamine.
Galantamine is a costly drug and a cheap supplement.

There is hope.
Thank you for your opinion.

GorillaHead

So i need to stock up?

J

jb116

It's interesting, the only clean source of inosine disappeared late last year. I asked the company and they said we don't know if we will make it available again. The other products available from other vendors all have junk.

Mary Pruter

I am finding that it does something to your DNR and can cause cancer.

Well, I’m not saying I support things being made of drugs, of course I don’t. But galantamine is still available as a supplement as well as a drug.

EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals
Back
Top Bottom