Please Share Your Thyroid Supplementation Results

Saphire

I am currently taking Nutri-meds, getting ready to switch over to Thiroyd, already ordered. My temp is around 97.5 during day. I am following a Ray peat eating. I have not been to a Dr. Since last year. They kept running labs, decreased thyroid(at the time was armour)meds, Md wanted to focus on Candida. This is when I found Forefront Health and Ray peat. Since starting the diet have not experienced Candida issues. I am on 3 pills a day of Nutri-meds. Be fire being diagnosed with Hypo, I was a gym rat, NOW, I get maybe once a week, 20 min low moderate exercise. I have no stamina, energy is steady, just not enough for a continuous exercise. Should I try increasing the T3?
Here are my labs from a year ago:
TSH- .84
T-4 -.8
ESTRADIOL- 203.8(PGML)
Progesterone- 4.42(ng/ml)
The reading on here is good, Howe we, I get overwhelmed. I have no idea how this T3 thing works. Hopefully someone could give me some sort of direction.

Jsaute21

How long do most feel it is reasonable to give thyroid a trial? I have had such a hit/miss experience with it. Extremely frustrating. I almost always get cold feet from a morning dose after an extremely nutritious breakfast. RP's research says fix your thyroid and your cortisol/adrenal issues will be healed essentially. Most other places say the opposite. I am not someone who is extremely unhealthy by any means. Functionally hypo, just do not react particularly well to thyroid and other metabolism boosters for whatever reason. I eat extremely well. I get in a noticeably edgier mood when i take cynomel usually and get annoyingly hungry.

Ray's research makes a great deal of sense to me, and i love his diet. Just having trouble with the whole thyroid puzzle. Its a real ***** to dose.

OP
R

Ron J

Yeah, there is a study showing that thyroid regulates circadian rhythm, which I can't seem to find at the moment. But yeah, B complex, vit A, magnesium should be the most important, but I would say mainly B1. You may not even need to supplement anything, I would just go how you feel. I eat plenty of eggs so I'm pretty good on vit A and I get a good amount of OJ in for the B1. There seemed to be an adjustment period too, I kinda felt worse the first couple of days then I felt better, I think it was my glycogen stores improving.

Nah, no muscle loss on thyroid, but I'm defintley holding less water, which is a good thing both in muscles and waist. The muscle loss issue seems to become apparent when you are taking 50mcg+ without the combination off steroids, but as long as you are eating enough (protein/carbs) I don't think it is an issue as long as you don't go above that, just try to avoid a fasting state which can definitely make you loss muscle regardless.
50mcg as in T4 and T3 combined? 1 grain(60mg) being 38mcg of T4 and 9 mcg of T3. I'm planning to try 1.5 grain.

Ganne

I am trying to eat the diet from ForeFront health but the oj and coffee are really causeing adrenaline highs. If I eat high fat and moderate protien but lower sugar I am more stable., more like Broda Barnes less like Peat.
Because of high cortisol I have problems taking t3. It makes me more anxious.
Any thoughts. I am so tired of trying to figure this all out.

Prosper

How long do most feel it is reasonable to give thyroid a trial? I have had such a hit/miss experience with it. Extremely frustrating. I almost always get cold feet from a morning dose after an extremely nutritious breakfast. RP's research says fix your thyroid and your cortisol/adrenal issues will be healed essentially. Most other places say the opposite. I am not someone who is extremely unhealthy by any means. Functionally hypo, just do not react particularly well to thyroid and other metabolism boosters for whatever reason. I eat extremely well. I get in a noticeably edgier mood when i take cynomel usually and get annoyingly hungry.

Ray's research makes a great deal of sense to me, and i love his diet. Just having trouble with the whole thyroid puzzle. Its a real ***** to dose.
Have you checked ferritin levels? Low ferritin causes slight hypothyroidism that reacts negatively to thyroid meds.

Ganne

My ferritin is actually on the high side. Doctor says it it due to the inflammation of Hashimoto’s. It seems to be the high cortisol that’s the problem but every time I try to take the orange juice and the coffee it raises my stress instead of lowering it. I think the best luck I have had is using Diane Schwarzbein’s diet. But it is lower in carbs than Peat recommends.

Prosper

That is an old post you quoted but how does one raise ferritin?
Only noted it after posting. Serum ferritin level indicates stored iron, so with iron supplementation. Risky to do it without testing first though. Peat is right about the dangers of iron excess, but trying to minimize dietary iron intake may not benefit everyone, and may outright harm some.

x-ray peat

took up to 2 grains NDT. Noticed higher heart rate and growth of corner eyebrows. Not much else I could notice though

Ganne

Anyone here have high cortisol? It makes using any kind of caffeine or orange juice almost impossible. Are these things necessary to the Peet diet?