Please Post Your Experiences With A Low Altitude Tent Or Mask

I don’t see why this would not be a really good idea for people who can’t move to high altitude.

Beastmode

I've tried the mask before. Didn't notice much benefit, but I was very hypo then even though I was in "gym" shape. I think the mask showed how much stress I can put my body through, rather than building health. It's been 8 years so I might be forgetting some of my experiences doing it.

I wonder if it has to do with the slow adaptation that we would go through by going up to high altitude in order for our system to fully get the adaptive effects and potential benefits?

Level of stress + Time is what I come up with in regards why some of these devices/systems might not be as beneficial as we desire.

Beastmode

Thank you @Beastmode, you may be right.

I can say with direct experience that when we stayed up around 7000 ft, I noticed whenever I went to the bathroom my "stream" was a lot stronger. We didn't walk up the mountain, but there had to have been some kind of adaptation hormone, etc wise going on for that too happen. If I were to try the mask again, I imagine the only thing that would happen is my aim would be off....haha

Last edited:
OP
ecstatichamster
I can say with direct experience that when we stayed up around 7000 ft, I noticed whenever I went to the bathroom my "stream" was a lot stronger. We didn't walk up the mountain, but there had to have been some kind of adaptation hormone, etc wise going on for that too happen. If I were to try the mask again, I imagine the only thing that would happen is my aim would be off....haha

was that at real altitude or with the mask. Thanks @Beastmode

orewashin

I made a tent around a mattress from a tarp and it increased CO2 considerably. However, a few weeks later, I developed a smokers' cough and it turned out that the tent fostered mold.

The tent felt good, however, I wouldn't want to experience the same issue again.

A much wiser method is to put a blanket over your head while you're lying in bed. I've seen it done in person, and it's done spontaneously, likely as an unconscious attempt to increase CO2.

OP
ecstatichamster
I made a tent around a mattress from a tarp and it increased CO2 considerably. However, a few weeks later, I developed a smokers' cough and it turned out that the tent fostered mold.

The tent felt good, however, I wouldn't want to experience the same issue again.

A much wiser method is to put a blanket over your head while you're lying in bed. I've seen it done in person, and it's done spontaneously, likely as an unconscious attempt to increase CO2.

sleeping that way can cause brain damage.

EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals