Please Help, Having A Hard Time Breathin

Luis aguilar

Hey there folks

Im pretty much constantly breathing deeply, feels like Im gasping for air/hyperventilating, never feeling like Im satisfied, like always outta breath.

Usually throughout the day Im not overly focusing on it, or worried about it, this is just something Im noticing

Do you guys know what the issue might be? I think I heard Georgi mention once that healthy breathing is faint and almost unnoticable

Any of your thoughts and possible helping tips highly appreciated

LuMonty

How long has your breathing been this way? Did it change suddenly? And in either case did you notice any physiological changes alongside the breathing, if applicable?

JKX

Elevated serotonin can be a cause of asthma. It's detoxed through the lungs. It could be gut related irritation or you may simply be hypothyroid.

Need a bit more info than your post gives.

Magnesium, cyproheptadine, vitamin E, mitolipin may all be helpful for short term relief.

mrchibbs

Elevated serotonin can be a cause of asthma. It's detoxed through the lungs. It could be gut related irritation or you may simply be hypothyroid.

Magnesium, cyproheptadine, vitamin E, mitolipin may all be helpful for short term relief.

Agree, I've suffered from severe breathing difficulties too. Cypro is a godsend. Air Ionizer too, helps the lungs greatly. Laxatives and carrot salad too.

OP
L

Luis aguilar

How long has your breathing been this way? Did it change suddenly? And in either case did you notice any physiological changes alongside the breathing, if applicable?
Hmmm maybe around 4 days ago for sure

And nope just started noticing having a harder time breathin

OP
L

Luis aguilar

Agree, I've suffered from severe breathing difficulties too. Cypro is a godsend. Air Ionizer too, helps the lungs greatly. Laxatives and carrot salad too.
Damn I juat handed out my bottle of cypro haha

Ill needa restock

And yea Im pretty sure its my hypothyroid :/

Something along the metabolism isnt converting carbs into CO2 and water which is why Im not breathing right (Im guessing)

OP
L

Luis aguilar

Thanks for your input JKX

I suspect it is my hypothyroid :/

Ill give your suggestions a shot, but I guess my biggest issue is taking thyroid

For some insane reason whenever I take a T3/T4 combo the T4 gives me insane insomnia...every time...

Ive experimented with T3 alone and I sleep perfectly

For some reason either my liver isnt properly converting this T4 to T3 or i dont know somethings happening

But for now Ill just try T3 alone, would you (or anyone else reading this) have any suggestions on how I can successfully use T3 on its own daily? (Im using a topically applied T3 that I have diluted to one drop equals one mcg of T3)

Like how many mcgs per dose, and how many doses per day?

Thank you again

charlie

Admin
The Law & Order Admin
Something along the metabolism isnt converting carbs into CO2 and water which is why Im not breathing right (Im guessing)
Could be vitamin B1.

LuMonty

Hmmm maybe around 4 days ago for sure

And nope just started noticing having a harder time breathin
In that case and after reading your other post, try salt. When carbs weren't working for me to make CO2, salt did. It's something easy to try in the meantime if cypro and thyroid are what you need but don't have on hand.

tara

To add to the possibilities posted:
  • If you can identify possible recent contributors, address them - eg any major recent stressors or changes.
  • Use cronometer or similar to estimate nutrition, and see if you can make sure to cover all the micros well, where possible with food. For instance, check B-vits and alkaline minerals particularly, but all essentials need to be there. B-vits needed for energy production. I think mineral imbalances such as insufficiant calcium, magnesium can sometimes leave the system dealing with a bit much acid, and that can sometimes drive hyperventilation. Sometimes paying attention to appetite and tastes/cravings can be helpful. Go easy on highly refined foods.
  • Check out Buteyko method and/or other approaches to breathing training and gradually raising CO2, and see what you can try out and what helps. Eg. Practice breathing through mouth at all times. If necessary, use mechanical support at night. You can try short walking breath holds, practicing diaphragmatic breathing, etc, an see if they help.
  • If it persists, consider medical check for asthma, or if you have other respiratory symptoms, COVID-19. Buteyko metheod is apparently helpful for some people for asthma.

Jessie

I use to have this problem really bad. With the exceptions of extreme and sudden stress, it's pretty much nonexistent now. I've never been able to fully pin down what was exactly wrong in my case, but it seemed to center around lactic acid, serotonin, and endotoxin. Addressing any of the three, resulted in better breathing for me. Ray's work on CO2 is a really good guide to sorting this out.

He explained it in a way that made things just sort of "click" for me. That being, endotoxin can increase levels of serotonin, serotonin initiates the stress cycle, the stress cycle throws you into fat burning, fat oxidation lowers your CO2, and CO2 is the primary component of suppressing lactic acid.

That's probably why CO2 therapy can have such immediate effects on blunting this. You're essentially mitigating the issue by fixing the downstream problem. Getting that CO2 will suppress lactate, CO2 will swing the pendulum back to glucose oxidation, the switch from fat to glucose for fuel will kill adrenaline and cortisol, you're back to homeostasis.

BUT this WON'T last. Because at the very top of this stream you still have endotoxin keeping serotonin elevated. You need to correct the endotoxin issue to have a long lasting anti-stress effect.

OP
L

Luis aguilar

I use to have this problem really bad. With the exceptions of extreme and sudden stress, it's pretty much nonexistent now. I've never been able to fully pin down what was exactly wrong in my case, but it seemed to center around lactic acid, serotonin, and endotoxin. Addressing any of the three, resulted in better breathing for me. Ray's work on CO2 is a really good guide to sorting this out.

He explained it in a way that made things just sort of "click" for me. That being, endotoxin can increase levels of serotonin, serotonin initiates the stress cycle, the stress cycle throws you into fat burning, fat oxidation lowers your CO2, and CO2 is the primary component of suppressing lactic acid.

That's probably why CO2 therapy can have such immediate effects on blunting this. You're essentially mitigating the issue by fixing the downstream problem. Getting that CO2 will suppress lactate, CO2 will swing the pendulum back to glucose oxidation, the switch from fat to glucose for fuel will kill adrenaline and cortisol, you're back to homeostasis.

BUT this WON'T last. Because at the very top of this stream you still have endotoxin keeping serotonin elevated. You need to correct the endotoxin issue to have a long lasting anti-stress effect.
Jesus thank you for this Jessie, really great explanation and makes total sense now that I really think about it, everything that Ive heard ray and georgi mention xD

Except Im kinda dumb so I forget haha

Just need maybe a great antibiotic for endotoxin/gut serotonin

OP
L

Luis aguilar

In that case and after reading your other post, try salt. When carbs weren't working for me to make CO2, salt did. It's something easy to try in the meantime if cypro and thyroid are what you need but don't have on hand.
I did notice i stopped eating a ton of salt around a week back, and now Im feeling this way

Ill up the salt see if this helps

Thank you :)

charlie

Admin
The Law & Order Admin
Hey Charlie how many mgs of B1 would you reccomend on a daily basis?
Everyone is different. Starting low and slow is what I suggest to family members.

Mary Lyn

As we now know, that covid is a disease of blood clotting, l wonder if too 'sticky' blood might be the cause of why l notice slightly less easy breathing occurs when l forget to take my camu camu for vitamin c. There is also a very slight wheeze there. I am now taking liquid cayenne pepper too which l hope will help with that as there is a lot of cardiovascular in my family and a lot of them popped off before my age.