Please Help: Endotoxin Overload & Post-parasite Gut Disaster

fever257

I really need help here.

I've posted numerous times about my gut issues - well here I am again. No matter where this health journey takes me, all roads lead back to my gut problems.

Some background: I contracted a parasite around 3 years ago in 2017 - i became extremely ill and needed antibiotics to fight off the intense giardiasis. My health spiraled from there, and got significantly exacerbated by taking finasteride - but thats a different topic. Anyway, I focused a lot on healing my metabolism after that and have kinda been in that stage for a while now. I now believe my nutrition is top tier; but my gut is still driving numerous health issues.

I've taken rounds of minocycline, CamphoSal, eat at least 1 anti-endotoxin food per day(carrot salad, mushroom soup, bamboo shoots), if not 2 - use cascara frequently, charccoal for a while - but all of these turn out to be just band-aids to the problem.

I've used:
100mg mino for 2 weeks in May.
25 drops CamphoSal daily for a week in june.
3 doses of 100mg Minocycline +25 drops CamphoSal + charcoal + coco oil across 6 days @ end of August. This was going great until it wasnt. see below.

In fact, after concluding two courses each of mino and CamphoSal, my gut would show signs of being more stressed than when I started the courses - thrush, gas, bloating, fat gain, diarrhea. My stool would go from being very hard and healthy-seeming at the beginning of the course to very soft over time.

Note that I have gradually gotten better after the courses - and I've gotten stricter about completely abstaining from starch and never skipping an anti-endotoxin meal, but my overall health is still greatly suffering - which leads me to my next point...

I now know my gut bacteria is driving insulin resistance. I recently got some labs done - they're pretty concerning honestly. Apparently I have no idea what I've been doing. This explains why my pulse and temps are still low and I have stubborn fat I cannot get rid of.

I noticed that my ratio of triglycerides:HDL Cholesterol are about three times higher than it should be. @Hans said that this indicates insulin resistance, How would I fix this issue? I already feel like a balance my macros pretty well, get enough protein, limit fat, never any PUFA's, and have recently made a big push to consume liver and oysters.
Triglycerides: 218H
HDL Cholesterol: 33L
Ratio: 6.6:1
Side note: LDL Cholesterol is 81.
(Ratio of triglycerides: HDL cholesterol should be 2:1 max, mine is 6.7:1. Also, triglycerides should not exceed 100)

The only path I'm hoping for to fix the insulin resistance problem(based on danny roddy weblog content / haidut - he shared a study which a diet of 85% carb 15% protein greatly improved insulin sensitivity) is by limiting fat to 20g or less per day, which I am now doing. So I can't have starches or fats anymore. My diet now consists of coffee, milk, sugar, oysters, fruit, liver, meat, collagen, orange juice, limited cheese, and anti-endotoxin meals(i use coconut oil in these, 1/2 tbsp). I don't mind it if its what I need to do in order to heal.

In addition to the hormones/lipids profiles I got, I also got a comprehensive stool analysis. My doc informed me that pretty much everything came back normal, besides one result (I can't remember which) indicated my gut barrier was compromised. Since then I've been better about getting more bone broth. I've attached those results.

Even exercising seems to induce a stress response which is hard to control. I feel like no matter what I do, I can't truly heal or restore my health without first conquering my gut. Do I need to use stronger antibiotics? Do I need to increase the dose? frequency? I literally have no clue what I'm doing here. I don't know where to obtain more macrolides or tetracyclines.

What I do know is that my gut is driving insulin resistance, hair loss, inflammation, bad digestion, systemic health issues, a whole lot of sleep issues, hormone imbalances, spiked stress hormones, and more. Endotoxins have damaged my heart, lungs, gonads, brain, skin, and more over time. What do you do when the typical endotoxin methods just don't work sufficiently, and the antibiotic courses fail to produce long term changes? Is my gut and my health just screwed forever?

Random test results:
Calcium: 9.9 //// Range: 8.6-10.3 mg/dL
Phosphate(as phosphorus): 4.4 //// Range: 2.5-4.5 mg/dL
TSH: 1.87 //// Range: 0.40-4.50 mIU/L
T4, free: 1.3 //// range: 0.8-1.8 ng/dL -- this is with taking thyroid, not the day of but a few days before & otherwise
Prolactin: 9.8 //// range: 2.0-18.0 mg/dL
testosterone: 446 /// range 250-827 ---- this is with taking androsterone, not the day of but a few days before & otherwise
Estradiol: 33 < or = 39 pg/mL
Parathyroid: 18 //// range 14-64 pg/mL
Cortisol: 3.6 //// range 3.-17.0 (3-5 pm)

Do these results actually not indicate stress? or?

I also use daily: niacinamide, b1, liver, aspirin, MK-7, vit E, progestene, androsterone, 5a-DHP, thyroid and haidut's CO2 tank for 40 mins daily.
I use cyproheptadine, cascara, charcoal, solban, epsom salt baths, lisuride & metergoline frequently but not daily.
I use adamantane,Pansterone, Methylene Blue, Panquinone, Defibron, Pyrucet, MitoLipin, Cardenosine, and a few others sparingly or rarely maybe once a week.

Any and all help is sincerely appreciated!

Attachments

• ComprehensiveStoolAnalysis copy.pdf
    393.3 KB · Views: 14

Maljam

You say you are going to start eating 20g or less of fat, how much have you been eating before?

gately

I'm sorry you're suffering. You really sound like the poster child for this forum. You're doing all the Peaty things right. But they aren't working.

So, it begs the question: what else have you tried, and what was your reaction to those things?

Also, I'm not sure you were clear on the symptoms you are experiencing. The list you gave that included thrush, is that just the symptoms you dealt with directly after antibiotics, or is that the list of symptoms you are currently dealing with?

Third question: Have you tried a low-carb diet--meaning starch free and under 72 grams of net carbohydrate? I'm not sure there's a better way to clear up all sorts of gut issues then that. If it can cure Crohn's disease, pretty solid chance it can fix your post-antibiotic issues. Whereas, you know, eating a diet of centered around milk and fruit probably isn't doing your gut any favors.

1. Do you have other symptoms outside the gut - depression, anxiety, palpitations, fatigue?
  2. Have you tried high dose b1? Parasites and gut gut Dysbiosis can mess up digestion and cause b1 deficiency and it’s a vicious circle.

T

TheBeard

Seems to me like your antibiotic course duration was very short.
I would try broader spectrum abx for at least 3 weeks to see if it can permanantly shift something:
Augmentin 500mg 3 times a day
Azithromycin 500mg twice a day
Doxycycline 100mg twice a day

Use this combo for three weeks.

Sourcing them is not an issue, check out AllDayChemist.com

Very high Protein, 2.2 - 3.0g of Protein per Kilogram Bodyweight and up to 50% more, high Fat and increased Multivitamin supplementation. I would operate under the notion of depletion of everything. I am also not a fan of sugar burning, and the best evidence we have is too much carbintake. Active people can get away with more carbs, but the issue is real.

Goat-e

Sounds like the Giardia hasn't been fully cleared. It can cause transient lactose intolerance and other food intolerances. Fenbendazole (anti Giardia medication for dogs) is easily available. I know someone who used it with great success. Note it's never been approved for human use but there are stories of people curing cancer with it regardless.

Goat-e

Also, Giardia testing is notorious for giving false negatives, so you might have been given the all clear but still have it.

T

TheBeard

Sounds like the Giardia hasn't been fully cleared. It can cause transient lactose intolerance and other food intolerances. Fenbendazole (anti Giardia medication for dogs) is easily available. I know someone who used it with great success. Note it's never been approved for human use but there are stories of people curing cancer with it regardless.

Giardia has also ruined many years of mine.
Metronidazole works good against Giardia, although it's pretty harsh on the organs.
Never knew if what hurt my kidneys was the antibiotic itself or the massive die off though.

ursidae

How the **** are you supposed to fix your problems when half the forum is saying eat carbs and the other half is saying go keto

T

TheBeard

How the **** are you supposed to fix your problems when half the forum is saying eat carbs and the other half is saying go keto

By trying many things and keeping a diary of what works for you. No one will know for sure what will, they are just giving ideas to try, which is already a blessing.

Goat-e

Giardia has also ruined many years of mine.
Metronidazole works good against Giardia, although it's pretty harsh on the organs.
Never knew if what hurt my kidneys was the antibiotic itself or the massive die off though.

I really think Fenbendazole is better then Metronidazole, for a start Metro crosses the blood brain barrier but it seems that Fenbendazole is poorly absorbed from the GI tract so there's less chance of other problems.

Bluemachine

Also, Giardia testing is notorious for giving false negatives, so you might have been given the all clear but still have it.
How are you supposed to know if you have a parasite if the testing is so inaccurate? Just keep testing until you get a positive? That's an expensive venture.

How do you think herbs would compare to the fenbendazole and metronidazole? If proceeding to treat based of symptoms something less risky would definitely be preferred. Wormwood/black walnut/clove is quite commonly recommended for parasites.

Maljam

They have been eating max 20g fat a day and have been getting progressively worse, that should ring alarm bells. If they had been eating keto and getting progressively worse I think the opposite should be true too. Saturated fat in my experience has been very healing for gut issues.

Peatful

Peat often speaks of using supplements preferably topically; and of course sparingly.
I can think of a few KMUD interviews where he speaks of just one dose being therapeutic.

With that- ease up completely on all your oral supplementation. As in none.
Assess- and re add judiciously.

Are they helping or hurting you?
By your data- they don't seem to be aiding you.

If you’re diet isn't helping you heal- which item in your limited diet is troubling you?
OJ is difficult; look at that. Or the coffee?

Only you know the answers to your health. Peat is there to guide and educate. We should be here to support. And you will have to solve.

Once you see improvement- i would love an update.
Best to you.

I really think Fenbendazole is better then Metronidazole, for a start Metro crosses the blood brain barrier but it seems that Fenbendazole is poorly absorbed from the GI tract so there's less chance of other problems.
Also metronidazole is a thiamine analog so it can trigger b1 deficiency.

Peat often speaks of using supplements preferably topically; and of course sparingly.
I can think of a few KMUD interviews where he speaks of just one dose being therapeutic.

With that- ease up completely on all your oral supplementation. As in none.
Assess- and re add judiciously.

Are they helping or hurting you?
By your data- they don't seem to be aiding you.

If you’re diet isn't helping you heal- which item in your limited diet is troubling you?
OJ is difficult; look at that. Or the coffee?

Only you know the answers to your health. Peat is there to guide and educate. We should be here to support. And you will have to solve.

Once you see improvement- i would love an update.
Best to you.

One dose of a vitamin supplement will lead you nowhere, never. It is a serious error in Peat's judgment that consuming imperfect supplements is worse than nutrient deficiency, which consistently leads to tissue atrophy and necrosis. That is why a lot of members do not get well, an now just ok diet will not better serious deficiencies that come with western pattern dieting, and are not easy to resolve, and almost impossible without supplements. Peat underestimates requirements, and the low maximum uptake per meal of most nutrients, and especially if the GI tract is offline, which causes even further reduced absorption.

They have been eating max 20g fat a day and have been getting progressively worse, that should ring alarm bells. If they had been eating keto and getting progressively worse I think the opposite should be true too. Saturated fat in my experience has been very healing for gut issues.

yeah, low fat is never adviseable, this is nonsense, you need fat as structural requirement, do what you want, but never go low fat.

@fever257
what are your anthropometrics, how tall, weight, and macrocut, how much Protein do you get, fats, how many meals per day, exercise.