Please Don't Just Delete Posts

J

jb116

Hi Charlie,

Just as the title reads, please don't just willy nilly delete a post. That is somewhat inconsiderate. I made a mistake and posted in the Ray Peat Email depository thread not the discussion one and you removed my post instead of moving it to the proper thread. Luckily it wasn't that complicated of a post so I could repost myself but overall, it would be much more considerate to move the thread rather than totally delete it. Ironic too since 2 years ago I had asked you to delete some posts of mine because I didn't comfortable anymore posting the nature of that material here and you denied my request.

Thanks

Ulysses

Ulysses

No, demanding something from someone on a site that you don’t pay the hosting for is a joke. Also making it public to troll instead of just pm’ing.
That's true, this really didn't deserve a thread.

OP
J

jb116

Please don’t tell people what to do.
You first. ;)

No, demanding something from someone on a site that you don’t pay the hosting for is a joke. Also making it public to troll instead of just pm’ing.

You see it as a "demand." That of course puts a negative connotation on it. I know this obliges your need to make me a "bad guy" because I am asking for basic, human consideration. It's hardly a demand when you ask somebody nicely with the word please. I hope for your own sake, you learn the difference.

To make some things public, to make it serve as an example isn't always "trolling." Please learn that difference as well.

Also, please keep in mind, people are what populate these forums. Nobody forces anybody to run a forum. They do it with an incentive to be at the helm of something interesting or important, and there's nothing wrong with that. But to think you can forsake basic consideration towards those who make your forum what it is, because you run said forum, is beyond lacking etiquette. I've seen your forceful and mean-spirited tones before though so I'm not that surprised. But let's not forget being considerate and mindful and also not taking each other for granted. You otherwise risk running against the grain of what somebody like Dr. Peat stands for.

I hope that wasn't to demanding for you.