Please Critique My Daily Routine - Hit Plateau In Energy

YourUniverse

Hello,

I have been living my version of the RP lifestyle for 2 years now, and I have noticed improvements in a lot of areas - sleep, clarity, motivation, energy, anxiety reduction, and weight per calorie intake and exercise (I eat more and exercise less).

That said, I feel out of ideas - I am not at my idealized version of health and have sort of run out of ideas.

I was hoping I could post my general daily routine and have critiques on things to try.

I am 6'0 male

Morning:
3-5 coffees, with either varying amounts of cream/sugar, or 50/50 milk/coffee (and no sugar).
4-8mg nicotine via nicotine gum
~5mins sunbathing in UVB lamp
usually 1 orange juice concentrate (283ml -> 404calories)
usually 2-3 eggs, fried in coconut oil or butter and salt
usually an apple or 2.
maybe some cheese.

Lunch/mid day:
~4mcg t3 (try to get less than 1 drop of tyronene)
candy
chocolate

ideally an apple, sometimes not

Dinner:
lean meat, generally beef, a large serving (maybe 70-90g protein). Sometimes chicken, rarely fish
cooked veggie-fruits, like peppers, tomatoes, onions/garlic, chili powder, salt.
rarely rice or potato, and even more rarely pasta
milk

Before bed:
1 drop tyromax (t3/t4)
candy, maybe an apple
usually milk

Somedays, I get so tense, that my metabolism must be slow from low-ish calories, and I head to mcdonalds and pick up a few cheap cheeseburgers (I know this is not best practice).

Any ideas would be very appreciated.

milkboi

Somedays, I get so tense, that my metabolism must be slow from low-ish calories, and I head to mcdonalds and pick up a few cheap cheeseburgers (I know this is not best practice).

I made some amazing coconut-oil fries, burgers would also be easy to make low in PUFA. Try working appetizing food like that into your routine if you feel like your diet is lacking in calories.

If you want to further push your metabolism and energy levels, you can always up the strength/quantity of your coffee.

Barry

my routine is a bit different. here is my daily routine:
first, glass of water
then, 30 minutes strength exercises
then, breakfast, white rice (also add in coconut oil, protein powder, glycine, honey, sugar)
then, 1 cup of coffee (6g coffee grinds, not very much)
then, lunch is fruit (OJ, persimmons, grapes, bananas), sometimes sweet potatoes
then, afternoon snack, a carrot
then dinner is white rice (coconut oil, salt)
then, 2 aspirin before bed
- for me, I need to be very careful with the amount of caffeine I consume. Having just a bit, I feel great, but as soon as I abuse it, then I go downhill.

Hans

Forum Supporter
Hello,

I have been living my version of the RP lifestyle for 2 years now, and I have noticed improvements in a lot of areas - sleep, clarity, motivation, energy, anxiety reduction, and weight per calorie intake and exercise (I eat more and exercise less).

That said, I feel out of ideas - I am not at my idealized version of health and have sort of run out of ideas.

I was hoping I could post my general daily routine and have critiques on things to try.

I am 6'0 male

Morning:
3-5 coffees, with either varying amounts of cream/sugar, or 50/50 milk/coffee (and no sugar).
4-8mg nicotine via nicotine gum
~5mins sunbathing in UVB lamp
usually 1 orange juice concentrate (283ml -> 404calories)
usually 2-3 eggs, fried in coconut oil or butter and salt
usually an apple or 2.
maybe some cheese.

Lunch/mid day:
~4mcg t3 (try to get less than 1 drop of tyronene)
candy
chocolate

ideally an apple, sometimes not

Dinner:
lean meat, generally beef, a large serving (maybe 70-90g protein). Sometimes chicken, rarely fish
cooked veggie-fruits, like peppers, tomatoes, onions/garlic, chili powder, salt.
rarely rice or potato, and even more rarely pasta
milk

Before bed:
1 drop tyromax (t3/t4)
candy, maybe an apple
usually milk

Any ideas would be very appreciated.
How much protein do you consume and total calories?
You didn't give quantities so it might be low.
If the sugar is not giving you energy your B1 might be low. If your energy runs out too quick, which is often the case with sugar, starches might be better.
How is your sleep quality and do you get sun exposure?

Peatful

Just as a frame of reference:

I’m a 5’7.5” female approximately 130 pounds and I’m eating (by the looks of your data) about double of you.

So to me- you and your body already know the answer to your malady, as demonstrated in the McDonalds days.
You are hungry. You need to eat more.

Slowly increase your caloric intact; too fast will make you feel not so good.

Lejeboca

gelatin ??

makes a huge difference

+1 for gelatin. Dr. Peat recommends 1/3 of the protein intake to be gelatin.
With gelatin you will be having less tryptophan, which may be converted to serotonin, which in turn contributes to a feeling tense.

OP
Y

YourUniverse

I made some amazing coconut-oil fries, burgers would also be easy to make low in PUFA. Try working appetizing food like that into your routine if you feel like your diet is lacking in calories.

If you want to further push your metabolism and energy levels, you can always up the strength/quantity of your coffee.

definitely am needing some cheap/easy way to increase calories. Had potatoes last night -> feeling hungover today. Bumping calories is a great suggestion anyway

How much protein do you consume and total calories?
You didn't give quantities so it might be low.
If the sugar is not giving you energy your B1 might be low. If your energy runs out too quick, which is often the case with sugar, starches might be better.
How is your sleep quality and do you get sun exposure?

its true, both cal+pro might be lowish. Really trying to avoid logging everything, I get too neurotic. Im sure I could fit in an extra meal somewhere in the day, though.
I have been inconsistent with B1 (i have a thiamine mononitrate -> great suggestion!)
Sleep has remarkably been OK for a month or so, and sun exposure is subpar, but I do get that UVB lamp exposure...

Just as a frame of reference:

I’m a 5’7.5” female approximately 130 pounds and I’m eating (by the looks of your data) about double of you.

So to me- you and your body already know the answer to your malady, as demonstrated in the McDonalds days.
You are hungry. You need to eat more.

Slowly increase your caloric intact; too fast will make you feel not so good.

I get so full. When I eat until Im full, consistently, I feel better but I gain fat. I appreciate your suggestion, and its probably true. Maybe I need more calories, but less fat (and much more sugars)

gelatin ??

makes a huge difference

+1 for gelatin. Dr. Peat recommends 1/3 of the protein intake to be gelatin.
With gelatin you will be having less tryptophan, which may be converted to serotonin, which in turn contributes to a feeling tense.

Really inconsistent with gelatin. SO cooks tail/feet and we skim off the top layer of fat. Is Jell-O a good option?

Last edited: