Please allow me to introduce myself.....

Discussion in 'Meet & Greet' started by sonicyouth, Jan 11, 2014.

1. sonicyouth

sonicyouth Member

Hi,
    I came to Peat during the time that turned out to be my metabolic death, or the beginning of the worst health ever - I am ashamed to say, self induced.
    This runs like a series of (self induced) unfortunate events that haven't turned out to be as random as they seemed to me. If I knew 6 month ago how rapidly health can deteriorate..... I always took all of it for granted and was so busy working, working, always working and making snappy decisions for my health and nutrition.
    2 years ago I gave up cigarettes, a very emotional thing for me. I didn't smoke a lot, but I loved them dearly. I then gained the weight. Fast forward to Summer 2013, 6 month ago, I fasted for 30 days. I had nothing but lemon water with maple syrup with cayenne for 30 days. That was in July, and I don't even care how much weight I lost, it is irrelevant now. By end of September I lost half of my hair and was diagnosed hypo and prescribed 25mcg of levothyroxine. By end of December, a few weeks ago, I was told of a huge ovarian cyst.
    I can see it all more clearly now: in Peat terms, I am like some kind of health landslide cliche.
    I can vouch Peat being correct when he describes how bad fasting is.
    Luckily: the cyst is benign, my hair is growing back, and I have the privilege of integrating Ray Peat's advice into my life. I feel as if for Ray Peat alone, my idiotic mistakes may have been worth it. Thank you for reading.

2. HDD

HDD Member

30 days!!?? :shock:
    Wow. I did it for 10. The crazy things we did to our bodies by following the latest health scheme. I am happy I stumbled upon Peat and happy for you, too!

:welcome

3. OP
    sonicyouth

sonicyouth Member

Haagendazendiane,
    Yes, I did 30 days, because the longer you starve, surely the better! Sick joke aside, at one point, the world around me was like a dream. My skin went from normal, then spotty to greyish green, but very calm. It was a peaceful, almost graceful state - but then so is perhaps being on a deathbed! By the way, throughout this fast, I did the salt water flushing too. I have no idea if that released all the PUFAS and how about other toxins! What the hell had I done?

4. OP
    sonicyouth

sonicyouth Member

It seems that all of the problems of development and degeneration can be alleviated by the appropriate use of the energy-protective materials. When we realize that our human nature is problematic, we can begin to explore our best potentials.

----Ray Peat

5. charlie

charlie The Law & Order Admin

Sounds like the body went into hibernation. :lol:

6. 4peatssake

4peatssake Member

:welcome2 to the forum sonicyouth!

Oh brother, I did that crazy assed "fast" - twice - and the second time nearly killed me too! I'm glad you found Ray Peat and found us too.

7. HDD

HDD Member

Yea, I did the saltwater flush once and drank the Smooth Move tea. My husband just said he was thinking of doing the fast again to drop some weight. :(

8. 4peatssake

4peatssake Member

:eek
    I'm so sorry to hear this HDD! I hope he can find a healthier alternative to losing weight.

9. HDD

HDD Member

I'm going to talk about pulse and temps with him. He remembers how great he felt on a raw vegan diet. Hates milk. I've offered him drugs. :cool:

10. OP
    sonicyouth

sonicyouth Member

I was a walking dead on that fast. I was MasterCleansed of life!
    I didn't even enjoy the successful weight loss as I was stripped of energy to enjoy.
    There are other ways to drop the weight. I am currently trying to organise a plan / scheme to lose the weight while upholding the Peat principles. Perhaps design an ultimate "Peatshake" of around 200-300 calories each, optimally nutritious and then drink one every 3 hours throughout the day. Maybe have 7 or 8 of them. This just an idea/ feeling that I have. The body would never lack for anything,surely. What would go in the "Peatshake"?