Plea To Charlie For A Backup Of The Site's Content

Waynish

Just make a torrent out of it and we can all mirror it. Once done, we can make a tutorial on how to setup a local site based on that torrent's database.

If @charlie_ is unsure how to back it up without exposing sensitive information, then we can email XenForo (the software that runs this forum) and ask them how to do it.

I asked Charlie about offline version about 6 months ago too because Im maybe going to Amazonia completely off the grid to live with tribes.

charlie

Admin
The Law & Order Admin
No worries ya'll. This site is backed up very well and is not going anywhere.

If the forum is ever down, you can be rest assured that I am doing all I can in my power to get it back online as fast as possible. There has been little down time during the many years we have been here. Our current hosting company is on the ball and they get things taken care of quickly if there is an issue on their end. If for some reason the elites do decide to take us down I will make sure a copy of the forum gets out.

I understand the tremendous amount of work being put into the forum by you and will do all I can to protect it. In my opinion, this is the best forum on the planet with smartest and most woke people there is. Incredible work being done here every day. I know how important it is to people, and I think my passion with keeping things civil and providing a healthy environment to bring this work forward should speak for itself. I am all in.

With that said, I do plan on adding another layer of backup. The only thing right now stopping me is funds. @ecstatichamster reached out to me and offered his help and would like to maybe start a fundraiser for it. I am thinking this through and will get back to him about it.

:hattip

Last edited:
Thanks @charlie

I can’t really use words to express my gratitude for you and for the folks in this forum.

It has changed my life in the most important and big way.