Played Soccer. Terrible Lactic Acid Build Up!

ddjd

Havent played in about 2 years but did last night for 2 hours. Feel like ive been in a car crash.

Any advice for what to take before and after playing soccer to reduce lactic acid build up? @haidut

murdoc

magnesium chlorid topical. especially on your legs.
and methylen blue orally.

When I haven`t played for some time I will get the same symptoms. sometimes even flu like.

raypeatclips

2 hours is a long time after not playing for so long. I did something similar once and felt awful, slept something like 14 hours and felt like a zombie until the day after . Making sure I am well fed and have more calories than usual allows me to feel good after exercising rather than drained. Also building up the exercise, playing for 20 mins first, more next week etc. After going to the gym for a while the lactic acid response is much less. Could be difficult if you play for a team though. Perhaps asking to be a sub and come on after an hour to play the last 30 minutes would be a good move

mattyb

Keep playing, you will be fine. Next time you won't be as sore. Next time even less. This isn't rocket science.

BTW, lots of exercise physiology is no longer pointing to lactic acid as a cause for pain/stiffness. Its more likely microtearing and inorganic phosphorous that causes the pain and cramping, respectively. Oxidating the tissues (e.g. doing something at a low level of activity, like mobility work, stretching, and walking) is most helpful, as it allows the inorganic P to get converted back to phosphate and AMP/ADP/ATP. Sitting around and being inactive for extended periods of time will only make it worse.

johnwester130

b1,b2,b3,b6 for carbon dioxide production

magnesium oil topically,

taurine for muscles

haidut

Forum Supporter
Play like Berbatov .
He could hold a conversation with anyone while strolling around. @haidut

Lol, the man was filmed a few times casually chatting with teammates while sprinting in attack :): I am not sure this is something to admire in a player but I suppose it speaks a lot about his lung capacity.

OP
ddjd

ddjd

magnesium chlorid topical. especially on your legs.
and methylen blue orally.

When I haven`t played for some time I will get the same symptoms. sometimes even flu like.

So you take methylene blue before the game? Does it help with your actual energy on the pitch?

murdoc

No I have taken it afterwards, when I haven`t played for a long time.
I know exactly this feeling, because when I play soccer I overdo it easily. it is like an addiction.
The next day I have felt like sh**t. The magnesium chloride helps with the leg pain and methylene blue keeps me warm and gives me a nice mental boost to overcome the hangover.

EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals