Plasticisers (bpa, Dehp) Boost Pufa, Estrogen, Cortisol & Block Glucose Oxidation

J

jb116

I've been constantly thinking of this BPA situation, quite a bit especially after reading the book "the body toxic."
BPA is even worse than estrogen since it behaves like it but the liver has a more difficult time "identifying" it for excretion.
Bad stuff.

Here's a link to a list of some companies who have gone BPA free or BPA non-intent:
https://bpafreecannedfood.wordpress.com/bpa-free-canned-food-brands/

nullredvector

Is BPA exposure an issue from dental fillings? Is charcoal the only way to get rid of it? I assume the half life is a hundred years or something

Blossom

Forum Supporter
I found sugared Pepsi in glass bottles at Meijer last week. I live in the Midwest U.S.

CoolTweetPete

In California Costco currently has Coca Cola in glass bottles in (18 or 24?) packs.

CoolTweetPete

Is BPA exposure an issue from dental fillings? Is charcoal the only way to get rid of it? I assume the half life is a hundred years or something

Curious about this as well. I recently got mercury amalgams removed and I think they replaced them with some sort of plastic. I hope I didn't trade my problem in for another.

I think the release is negligible after they are set.

InChristAlone

Wikipedia says this about phthalates: "Diet is believed to be the main source of di(2-ethylhexyl) phthalate (DEHP) and other phthalates in the general population.[6] Fatty foods such as milk, butter, and meats are a major source"

Lilac

"Plastics with codes 3, 6, and 7 should be avoided at all cost."

I have been checking numbers and finally found 6 on the foam plates used in the meat department. Usually there is a plastic liner to catch the juices. But the meat on the side touches the plastic. How bad is this?

jyb

Last edited:

NathanK

Here's a brief safety breakdown of plastic recycling numbers. The more wear and tear, the more any plastic will leach: Which Plastics Are Safe? | Care2 Healthy Living

This means the meat we buy at the grocery store is encased in 2 of the worst plastics (#3 &6).

#2 HDPE is everywhere and most milk and fruit juice jugs are going to be made feom them. These are only getting more popular due to their strength.

I think equally important to this discussion is what we are sitting and lying on all day and night. Most of the furniture sold is covered in flame resistant chemicals much less made with polyurethanes, bromides, and other questionable materials. I recall watching the debate over these flame retardants. California has a concerned group that has long actively lobbied against them, but always loses due to the corporate interests. All the pro flame retardant people do is run a commercial about a child burned in a fire and they win the support to keep retardants in furniture.

I think glass and clay containers are still relatively safe, but don't on that indefinitely. The entire premise of the dietary industry is to monitor consumption preferences as perfectly as possible and and immediately capitalize on a shift in consumption to say glass containers. If the shift is considered big enough, the industry moves to lower cost of production of say glass containers by any means possible, including replacing them with identically looking containers made from "glass-like" material, which probably contains some toxic substance inside.
We can already see this with ceramics and some glasses, particularly made in China, test for lead.

Last edited:

thegiantess

It seems to me that the only thing one can do is avoid stupid things like heating food in plastic and buying acidic things in cans, etc.. You know, the big obvious things. Aside from locking yourself away in some mountain and growing/killing your own food and avoiding modernity at all costs, your only hope is to have a really really healthy liver for detoxing all the ***t. Praise be to the liver!

OP
haidut

haidut

Forum Supporter
It seems to me that the only thing one can do is avoid stupid things like heating food in plastic and buying acidic things in cans, etc.. You know, the big obvious things. Aside from locking yourself away in some mountain and growing/killing your own food and avoiding modernity at all costs, your only hope is to have a really really healthy liver for detoxing all the ****. Praise be to the liver!

That's what Ray said as well when when somebody asked him if optimal/perfect diet is achievable.

OP
haidut

haidut

Forum Supporter
Perhaps a Generative Enery dedicated entirely to liver health is in order!

I am all for it. If you can email Danny and suggest it that would be great.

Ledo

It seems to me that the only thing one can do is avoid stupid things like heating food in plastic and buying acidic things in cans, etc.. You know, the big obvious things. Aside from locking yourself away in some mountain and growing/killing your own food and avoiding modernity at all costs, your only hope is to have a really really healthy liver for detoxing all the ****. Praise be to the liver!
That safe containers aren't readily available and highly touted from a marketing perspective is a surprise. I recently had a tough time finding a ceramic coated insulated coffee mug replacing a "stainless steel" one. I have no idea if its actually any safer. Would have paid substantially more if they could have shown effectiveness.

Oh yes, a liver health podcast definitely. What the labs mean, how to gauge fattiness, care and feeding, rehab, maintenance, etc

Last edited:

Dr. B

In California Costco currently has Coca Cola in glass bottles in (18 or 24?) packs.
dont these sodas all use regular fluoridated water with hormones in it? maybe a few, like whole foods organic italian sodas actually state "filtered water" on the label but even then you dont know what kind of filter was used, and how many hormones and fluoride still remain

Beatrix_

Exposure to phthalates and their alternatives in relation to biomarkers of inflammation and oxidative stress in adults: evidence from NHANES 2017–2018
Research Article
Published: 22 November 2023
Volume 30, pages 123770–123784, (2023)

Abstract
Phthalates and their alternatives are considered significant environmental risk factors that potentially influence inflammation and oxidative stress. However, their impact on biomarkers of inflammation and oxidative stress was inconsistent. This study aimed to explore the associations between phthalates and high-sensitivity C-reactive protein (hsCRP), gamma-glutamyl transferase (GGT), and white blood cell (WBC) counts, employing both univariate exposure and multivariate co-exposure models. For this analysis, a total of 1619 individuals aged 18 years and above, sourced from the National Health and Nutrition Examination Survey (NHANES) conducted between 2017 and 2018, were selected as subjects. We explored the associations between hsCRP, GGT, and WBC counts and eighteen different phthalate metabolites. Multiple linear regression analysis revealed significant associations between both MCNP and MEHP and hsCRP. We observed negative correlations of MCOP, MCPP, MHBP, and MONP with GGT. Conversely, MEHHP and MEHHTP exhibited positive correlations with GGT. Furthermore, MECPTP and MEHHTP showed positive correlations with WBC. Notably, we identified a non-linear relationship between phthalates and inflammation and oxidative stress markers. The Bayesian kernel machine regression (BKMR) analysis demonstrated a negative joint effect of the phthalates mixture on GGT, particularly at lower concentrations. The BKMR model also found that MEOHP and MHiBP were negatively associated with GGT. In contrast, MEHHP showed a significant positive association with GGT. Moderating effect analysis suggested that dietary inflammatory index (DII), income-to-poverty ratio (PIR), age, BMI, and physical activity influenced the association between phthalates and inflammation and oxidative stress. These findings contribute to a deeper understanding of the relationships between phthalates and inflammation and oxidative stress.

EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals