Plants can tell one person from another

Gone Peating

View: https://youtu.be/iW-u-cC86FI

In this study there are two plants in a room. Several different people walk into a room, one of whom takes one of the plants and starts cutting it up. The other plant is hooked up to some type of device that is measuring something (it isn’t specified but probably sound or magnetic waves as it’s been shown before plants can “scream” under duress).

A few hours later, one at a time, the people walk back into the room and walk out. The plant only started to “scream” when the person who cut up the other plant entered the room, it didn’t do anything when the other people came into the room.

There is another study in another video that measured a plants reaction to some shrimp being boiled and it was similar. The crazy thing was is that the plant wasn’t even in the same room as the shrimp. All this is from a longer documentary called The Secret Life of Plants, which is itself an adaptation of a book.

Do you think plants can experience pain like an animal can?

Regina

View: https://youtu.be/iW-u-cC86FI

In this study there are two plants in a room. Several different people walk into a room, one of whom takes one of the plants and starts cutting it up. The other plant is hooked up to some type of device that is measuring something (it isn’t specified but probably sound or magnetic waves as it’s been shown before plants can “scream” under duress).

A few hours later, one at a time, the people walk back into the room and walk out. The plant only started to “scream” when the person who cut up the other plant entered the room, it didn’t do anything when the other people came into the room.

There is another study in another video that measured a plants reaction to some shrimp being boiled and it was similar. The crazy thing was is that the plant wasn’t even in the same room as the shrimp. All this is from a longer documentary called The Secret Life of Plants, which is itself an adaptation of a book.

Do you think plants can experience pain like an animal can?

sighhhh. Respect!

S-VV

Only in USSR...

They are measuring the electric potential of the plant. C. Bose did the same before, Ray has written about him

Comstock

I wonder how a plant would react if someone plucked a fruit from it and ate it.

mrchibbs

Honestly, it makes a lot of sense.

Eberhardt

I dont know if I trust the film. still I know that it is possible to measure the changing electric potential. No way is this a sign that the plants are concious though, only that they have memory/can learn. Since incredibly enough research has shown that even such a thing as a sourdoug can be trained to pulsate in a certain rythm , it , as Ray has been mentioning, rather shows that inbuildt in most things at least is a sort of memory/learning capacity. It does not make the universe conscious (not that it disproves it, it just is not at all implied by this), it shows some peculiar property to organic matter, but problably all matter as I think it was redone with just pieces of plastic. this is facinating and I think we still should respect living creatures but not implying them to be concious and having similar sensations (even if they share a precursor to our horomonalsystems with phytoestrogens and serotonin-like substances. One reason a live non-conscious being would benefit from this kind of systems is shock and repair. It has been tested that chewing leafes of a plant makes it send these substances- which makes sense - it needs to take care of the damage.

OP
G

Gone Peating

I dont know if I trust the film. still I know that it is possible to measure the changing electric potential. No way is this a sign that the plants are concious though, only that they have memory/can learn. Since incredibly enough research has shown that even such a thing as a sourdoug can be trained to pulsate in a certain rythm , it , as Ray has been mentioning, rather shows that inbuildt in most things at least is a sort of memory/learning capacity. It does not make the universe conscious (not that it disproves it, it just is not at all implied by this), it shows some peculiar property to organic matter, but problably all matter as I think it was redone with just pieces of plastic. this is facinating and I think we still should respect living creatures but not implying them to be concious and having similar sensations (even if they share a precursor to our horomonalsystems with phytoestrogens and serotonin-like substances. One reason a live non-conscious being would benefit from this kind of systems is shock and repair. It has been tested that chewing leafes of a plant makes it send these substances- which makes sense - it needs to take care of the damage.
good Points