Plantar Fasciitis

Ktbridge

Hi ,
I have injured my right foot lifting too heavy ,it ended up in plantar fasciitis . What else can I do besides gelatin ? I also applied progestE to my foot.
Thx

barefoot walking. Picking up golf ball with your toes. Kneading the golf ball with your soles to work trigger points.

Thoushant

There are some studies showing reduced pain of plantar fascitis with LLLT /red light.

OP
Ktbridge

Ktbridge

There are times it's completely better and then for some odd reason it swells up and hurts

Thoushant

Weird!
Check out anatomy trains, plantar fascia is connected through fascia and muscles all the way up to the neck
Here is a Q&A about it. Check point 4 especially.
Maybe hamstring tension or even neck tension is causing return of symptoms?

Blossom

Forum Supporter
Years ago I had an episode of plantar fasciitis and switching to shoes with a closed heel instead of clogs when I had to be on my feet for a long time helped mine a lot. I don't know if that would apply to your situation or not though. I remember taking Aleve everyday for a couple weeks too until the inflammation subsided. This was all before I knew about or made any type of Peat inspired changes but I never get it anymore.

Last edited:

David PS

If it is hamstring tension or even neck tension, there are YouTube videos on
Superficial Back Line (SBL) stretches that might help. Here is a link to one:

AnnSimpson

Years ago I had an episode of plantar fasciitis and switching to shoes with a closed heel instead of clogs when I had to be on my feet for a long time helped mine a lot. I don't know if that would apply to your situation or not though. I remember taking Aleve everyday for a couple weeks too until the inflammation subsided. This was all before I knew about or made any type of Peat inspired changes but I never get it anymore.

What do you think about gel insoles? I use a pair in one or two months, though I usually have an extra pair in my bag for extra softness. Also, I've been searching for walking footwear and stumbled upon this page. I heard a lot about cushioned footwear for people experiencing plantar fasciitis but never used any of these. I'm planning to try some of those, what do you think? Are they good?

Blossom

Forum Supporter
What do you think about gel insoles? I use a pair in one or two months, though I usually have an extra pair in my bag for extra softness. Also, I've been searching for walking footwear and stumbled upon this page. I heard a lot about cushioned footwear for people experiencing plantar fasciitis but never used any of these. I'm planning to try some of those, what do you think? Are they good?
I used inserts a little bit but never consistently. Those shoes look great btw. Just wearing shoes with a back helped me to the point I haven’t had a reoccurrence in 10 years so I’m definitely grateful. I hope yours gets better soon.

readforjoy

My plantar fascitis turned out to be from a Vitamin B12 deficiency. Two days on Solgar B12 sublingual and the pain was gone and hasn't been back. I had read about a guy that got a B12 injection in his calf that relieved his pain, so I figured I'd give it a try.

D

danishispsychic

I used to get that when I ate gluten. now gluten free, I dont get it. Try those insoles for your shoes that have arch support. I like the Mephisto shoe called Helen, I used to wear those when I had it.

charlie

Admin
The Law & Order Admin
My plantar fascitis turned out to be from a Vitamin B12 deficiency. Two days on Solgar B12 sublingual and the pain was gone and hasn't been back. I had read about a guy that got a B12 injection in his calf that relieved his pain, so I figured I'd give it a try.
Nice! :D