Plant Protein

Xisca

Beans, as well as grains, contain phytic acid,some enzyme inhibitors,etc.
Special preparation is needed to reduce the toxicity of seeds, and in the case of beans, these methods are never very satisfactory.
Best to eat without their thin peel!
So my solution is easy: I use split peas and red lentils, that are split too...
I also use lima beans just because they are so big that it is easy to prepare for removing the peel: soak, sprout, rinse, rapid cook until you can remove the skin after cooling down. Then finish the cooking... Good with butter!
Legumes are also rich in fiber (promoting endotoxins)...but I believe to have read, preparing them traditionally will mitigate the negative effects
Yes if you remove the harsh fiber. Then their soluble fiber can benefit some people.
You will also benefit with some folate.
Don't forget that you can eat too much protein. Notably, methionine and trytophan.
I think there are a lot in muscle meat?
What's about other sources of proteins like plants? Which plants and fungi are low in those amino-acids?

Then about hemp and macadamia.
I of course agree with macadamia... Also with some hemp as a whole grain source without the coarse peel. Yes they have pufa, but at least with a correct ratio in omega 6 and 3 which make them the best oily seed, and anyway much better than almond or sunflower.

Some greens are obviously good. Let's mention nettle which are supposed to be a good source of amino-acids. I guess they do not have too much anti-nutrients, as you know very well their mecanical way of defense!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I also use chayamansa, but this is subtropical. You can find it in Mexico but also some places in the US. They might be available as a green powder. They are not attacked by pest because of their latex, and what is "bad for us" goes away with 15-20 mns boil. Some chayas are "chayapica", they pick as nettles do... So I guess that we can safely cook and eat them as a good source of proteins as well as vitamins and minerals. And chlorophyll!

tara

Thankyou tara, interesting reading.. It certainly doesn't seem Peat is the biggest fan of legumes, however his listed research and subsequent conclusions seem to be based on the proposed plant toxins in raw, uncooked legumes (or extracts of raw legumes). I wonder if the soaking and cooking of them (similar to mushrooms, starchy tubers, leafy greens and potatoes) subtracts from these proposed issues.. I am referring to non-soy legumes, as I think soy runs into a few issues due to its PUFA content where as other legumes seem to be relatively low in PUFA.
My impression is soaking long enough to get the sprouting process started, and then cooking well, does help. I think Peat has said something to that effect too. I think one of Peat's concerns was a the storage form of the proteins in beans not being particularly usable, but sprouting should help with that.
Persoally, I used to eat various beans and lentils regularly. Always soaked and well-cooked. They seemed to serve me well from the point of view of sustained energy, but were always a bit of a challenge for the digestion. I only eat them occasionally at the moment.

Some greens are obviously good. Let's mention nettle which are supposed to be a good source of amino-acids. I guess they do not have too much anti-nutrients, as you know very well their mecanical way of defense!!!!!!!!!!!!!
I think nettles are great at picking up minerals from the soil and turning them into bioavailable forms. Really good source of minerals and as you say chlorophyll. As long as they are not growing in heavy-metal contaminated soil, because they are good at picking up that too.

EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals