orangeUglad

Working in a health food store I have noticed the "plant based" foods being pushed like never before. I noticed yesterday we now carry almost nothing in the frozen foods that doesn't say "plant based". I read the ingredients of these items and they are replacing meat and dairy with soy and cheap oils. Insane!!!! The thing that blows my mind the most is people are eating these plant based items up (literally). Also our entire dairy department has basically become a "dairy alternative" department. The only people I see purchasing real dairy etc are the foreigners.

Happycat

I was thinking of starting a thread about this as well.
Vegan and plant based stuff is being pushed so much, especially this month which they call Veganuary.
Makes me want to do the exact opposite.

OP
orangeUglad

orangeUglad

I was thinking of starting a thread about this as well.
Vegan and plant based stuff is being pushed so much, especially this month which they call Veganuary.
Makes me want to do the exact opposite.
I totally agree. It is sad because these people genuinely believe they are doing something great for their bodies eating these items and don't EVEN try to tell them otherwise. Whatever kinda subliminal messaging/social engineering they are using to convince people this is the best thing...let me tell you...it's working VERY well!?

Old Irenaeus

Come to think of it I am doing the opposite, making a beef stew right now. Of course, cows are plant-based.

ursidae

Plant based is bigger than I expected in the UK. it's a sad day when vegan mock meat and dairy section is three times bigger than the lamb section. These products are incredibly expensive and it's broke students buying them. They're even selling vegan goose liver pâté lmao. And so many people in my social circle are either vegan and eating mock meat burgers every day or they're always apologetic and guilty when when the topic of meat is brought up. Saying they're in the process of going vegan and we should all be eating less of it. I'm starting to feel uneasy eating fish/meat in front of people nowadays

cupofcoffee

i'd rather go proper vegan than eating that plant-based vegan meat/dairy ***t (still a very remote probability)

OccamzRazer

[...]they're always apologetic and guilty when when the topic of meat is brought up. Saying they're in the process of going vegan and we should all be eating less of it. I'm starting to feel uneasy eating fish/meat in front of people nowadays
Maybe have a few glasses of organic wine, then eat a giant steak in front of such people, using only your hands?

Perhaps people need to be desensitised to such things, maybe it's for their own good.

B

BRBsavinWorld

Plant based is bigger than I expected in the UK. it's a sad day when vegan mock meat and dairy section is three times bigger than the lamb section. These products are incredibly expensive and it's broke students buying them. They're even selling vegan goose liver pâté lmao. And so many people in my social circle are either vegan and eating mock meat burgers every day or they're always apologetic and guilty when when the topic of meat is brought up. Saying they're in the process of going vegan and we should all be eating less of it. I'm starting to feel uneasy eating fish/meat in front of people nowadays
my cousin was raised in a missionary family, in an African hut. at a bbq in England, she shared how they basically processed the cow in a huge hut, and cut off the meat in a crowd shouting prices for pieces of meat... she thought it was entertaining enough to share, and appropriate given the bbq. but, the english dudes told her to stop because it was offensive, lol.
PS, she and her husband/kids were the only ones eating real burgers

OP
orangeUglad

orangeUglad

my cousin was raised in a missionary family, in an African hut. at a bbq in England, she shared how they basically processed the cow in a huge hut, and cut off the meat in a crowd shouting prices for pieces of meat... she thought it was entertaining enough to share, and appropriate given the bbq. but, the english dudes told her to stop because it was offensive, lol.
PS, she and her husband/kids were the only ones eating real burgers
Wild. My husband from west Africa eats every kind of meat one can imagine. He especially loves cow skin and intestines.

Lollipop2

Working in a health food store I have noticed the "plant based" foods being pushed like never before. I noticed yesterday we now carry almost nothing in the frozen foods that doesn't say "plant based". I read the ingredients of these items and they are replacing meat and dairy with soy and cheap oils. Insane!!!! The thing that blows my mind the most is people are eating these plant based items up (literally). Also our entire dairy department has basically become a "dairy alternative" department. The only people I see purchasing real dairy etc are the foreigners.
I have noticed this as well. It is horrible the junk they are passing off as healthy plant based foods. Hard to find real food anymore. I have to make everything myself now because of the junk in health food stores.

seely

My health food store is actually moving backwards... it was a ton of plant based and they’ve since added a much larger meat section (like quadrupled), raw milk, organic cheese.

They didn’t have those options two years ago, but people kept asking so they’ve slowly added them in!

Now social media... clown world... play pretend land? THAT is pushing plant based like I’ve never seen before. A dear friend I’ve known half my life claims to be vegan online by peer pressure, yet in real life will occasionally eat dairy or cheese a few times a month. I wish she could wake up.

Doc Sandoz

My regular old neighborhood grocery store stocks organic beef from a ranch about 25 miles south of here. Organic and local, it's the only brand of beef I buy and very happy they stock it and a lot of other organic stuff since I haven't been to the "health" food store for a long time because they are one of the few businesses around here to still require face diapers which I refuse to wear. Maybe can't blame them because the health food store clientele is probably the most scaredy-cat of all during this scamdemic, being "health conscious" as they are, so the store doubtless has no choice but to please its trembling loyal customers.

Razvan

Thank god nu country is the opposite of that.Here If You eat vegetables in public people look at you very badly :)))

B

BRBsavinWorld

Wild. My husband from west Africa eats every kind of meat one can imagine. He especially loves cow skin and intestines.
Good for y’all! I’m trying to find a source of cured cow skins, but they are all from Africa, and those are usually cooked over tire fire lol

BodhiBlues

I'm seeing adverts everywhere I go for plant based foods (even McDonalds!). Lots of people I know are also doing Veganuary and Dry January. How very boring of them!

Jerkboy

It switches around every 10 years or so (heavy meat diets vs. plant based diets). This stuff has been going on for years. Nothing new. Pretty much a hype. Plus it is quite cheap to start a vegan company and sell stuff. Which makes it an attractive thing to get into I guess.

username

The food supply is being destroyed and they want you to comply with what will come next... a whole lot of imitation foods all coming from plant sources.

Also, they want you unwell. Meat is super nutritious.

Back
Top Bottom