Mossy

When a farmer uses animals to keep the soil healthy and fertile he will probably have more profit despite less crops.
Excellent. Everyone wins.

A

Adf

vegetarians are the most annoying group out of all of them because they speak from a place of privilege of being able to tolerate eggs and dairy very well -two of the most problematic and allergenic foods out there. If you couldn't make eggs and dairy your staple protein source, you'll either waste away being vegan or you'd quickly get off your high horse and realise that you NEED fish/meat. Not to mention eggs and dairy are the byproduct of the same maligned industry. (This is why you go for free range/wild/grass fed which is talked about on his forum all the time, not necessarily for moral reasons but more in the interest of health and food quality). You need to go full vegan, Adam, because your current stance is very hypocritical. You need to practice the advice you preach to those who are dairy and egg intolerant

Hey friend, whatever high horse I'm on, I think it's you who put me there (in your head).

I do not judge anyone based on their dietary choices. That means I do not think I'm better than anyone else for their dietary choice. My previous post was mainly to explain why I think there is a huge increase in demand, and also my personal reasons for meat-free living.

Why do I think that? Because, we're all human beings and none of us are perfect. I have lived the last 3.5 years meat free with no changes to my health. You may need to eat meat, if that is what you experience, but I do not. Meat is in no way essential for me. I have not wasted away, in fact I have not lost any muscle mass at all. I'm a 115kg vegetarian.

I simply explained why I choose not to eat meat, and showed some valid points. I'm not asking or telling you not to eat meat. I have no emotional resentment for your choice to eat meat. I speak bluntly, that's my personality, please don't mistake that for me thinking I'm better than you. I'm not, and I don't think that. Oh I also debate a lot. That is also my personality, the blunt debater.

Actually.. now I can see how that looks like I have a tall horse. Just know that the 'blunt debater' has been my personality since birth, it has nothing to do with me being vegetarian/vegan.

Anyway I'm guessing it was my footnote that cemented your judgement of me. Think what you will, but I believe nothing I said was inherently wrong. I see it all the time how people are quick to anger, regardless of which side of a debate they're on or which group they are subscribed to. Vegans are quick to anger, meat eaters are quick to anger, left wing are quick to anger, right wing are quick to anger. Everyone subscribed to any group that shares a belief, are usually quick to anger when that groups beliefs are challenged. And if people don't anger they often still get defensive. For some reason people feel attacked if someone challenges their beliefs.

Of course I'm not fully immune to this and don't claim to be. But I am aware of it. You will see it everywhere you go the moment you start to see yourself doing it. Debates often don't last because they quickly become an emotional yelling contest. I'm glad to see this hasn't happened here.

Speaking of speaking bluntly, I eat cheese. Yes I am a hypocrite. I have not met (and gotten to know) one person who is not hypocritical about something.

The dairy industry is very closely connected to the meat industry. Regrettably, I am an opioid addict, completely addicted to the casomorphins (a casein-derived morphine-like compound) in cheese.

I will not judge you if you look down on me for being an addict, for you can't judge me more than I judge myself.

Oh also I'm not privileged in any way, to be immune to negative side effects from dairy. I have Asthma, a great difficulty breathing, and a seemingly endless supply of phlegm when I eat cheese. I am not the epitome of optimal health in that department.

A

Adf

Agree, it's not a religion.

Adam's post, though, was filled with the passive-aggressive-type evangelization that is so typical of activist vegans. Live-and-let-live seems to be antithetical to their values. There's always this guilt-inducing moralization tone to their comments

Hey Perry, thank you for your criticism. As I said in my previous post, I'm not judging you or anyone else on your dietary choice. I'm also not Christian nor follow any particular religion. I didn't even mention a religion. I am blunt and straightforward, which combined with the inability to sense empathy through text, is often a recipe that invokes emotion. Maybe that's what was mistaken for evangelism? It certainly upsets many readers.

The OP was observing or querying why there is an increase in plant based meats/plant based living, I shared my opinions why, with some evidence. It was not and is not my intention to make you feel guilty, however if you feel like you're being guilted by seeing said evidence, then that's your own personal conscience feeling guilty. That's you. That's human nature.

Plant based living is a growing industry, why? Well with modern access to information, more people are seeing the darker side of the meat industry, more people are questioning what is right and what is wrong. I'm not telling you what you think is right is wrong. I'm simply stating there are more people questioning it, whilst sharing what I think is right and wrong.

Another simple reason is when niche groups get big enough, more and more people will flock to it just to see what's so special about it. People like to be in with the crowd.

Assuming it was my footnote that gave you that impression of me, I don't believe my footnote was wrong. Many people who are in a group with a unified belief system, are very emotional and feel very attacked whenever their beliefs are challenged. Vegans, carnivores, political groups, religions, cults, all have programmed belief systems.

I didn't say any particular system of belief is false or wrong. I said if someone is quick to anger about something that counters their group belief, that is likely their programming from that group. I see this every single day, people who react like this don't allow themselves to grow and don't challenge their groups beliefs. It is of my opinion that more people should accept and allow their views to be challenged. Accept a good debate. For how can you know you have a strong value if you don't challenge it? Instead many people respond by getting mad and often insulting the opposing view, completely ignoring any information presented. Vegans have become quite notorious for this, but it's in all groups, Especially politics.

I was rather brash in those last few paragraphs. It also wasn't necessary to say. But I am who I am and will say what I say. I don't give a hoot how you live your life, nor will I try to change you or your diet. Be merry eating meat if that is what makes you merry Perry.

Last edited by a moderator:
A

Adf

You make aot of excellent points here, and I agree with you. Not triggered at all!! Animals are treated very inhumanely in my opinion. Humans can do better and some are trying, I think. For me, I feel heavy, acidic and lethargic, and I gain weight, when I eat meat. I can't consume any dairy due to severe intolerances. I'm a fan of individualism and people making their own decisions and choices about how they live their lives. No force, no mandates of any kind.

Thanks Sue, I am the same with the digestive issues with meat. They didn't really occur when I was eating meat, but only when I stopped did my body truly become intolerant. Even the taste is nasty to me now.

Well said on individualism. I agree completely, people shouldn't be forced to do anything. But I believe people should be thoroughly informed. It's anyone's choice to eat meat and I support that, but I think everyone should at least know what goes on. I do think currently many people are quick to ostracize the sugar industry, and the drug industry for their dark side (and for good measure), while simultaneously turning a blind eye to dark side of the meat/dairy industry.

That's why I think it's important to shine the light there too. What people choose do after knowing about it, is of course their free choice, no judgements from me.

Perry Staltic

Hey Perry, thank you for your criticism. As I said in my previous post, I'm not judging you or anyone else on your dietary choice. I'm also not Christian nor follow any particular religion. I didn't even mention a religion. I am blunt and straightforward, which combined with the inability to sense empathy through text, is often a recipe that invokes emotion. Maybe that's what was mistaken for evangelism? It certainly upsets many readers.

The OP was observing or querying why there is an increase in plant based meats/plant based living, I shared my opinions why, with some evidence. It was not and is not my intention to make you feel guilty, however if you feel like you're being guilted by seeing said evidence, then that's your own personal conscience feeling guilty. That's you. That's human nature.

Plant based living is a growing industry, why? Well with modern access to information, more people are seeing the darker side of the meat industry, more people are questioning what is right and what is wrong. I'm not telling you what you think is right is wrong. I'm simply stating there are more people questioning it, whilst sharing what I think is right and wrong.

Another simple reason is when niche groups get big enough, more and more people will flock to it just to see what's so special about it. People like to be in with the crowd.

Assuming it was my footnote that gave you that impression of me, I don't believe my footnote was wrong. Many people who are in a group with a unified belief system, are very emotional and feel very attacked whenever their beliefs are challenged. Vegans, carnivores, political groups, religions, cults, all have programmed belief systems.

I didn't say any particular system of belief is false or wrong. I said if someone is quick to anger about something that counters their group belief, that is likely their programming from that group. I see this every single day, people who react like this don't allow themselves to grow and don't challenge their groups beliefs. It is of my opinion that more people should accept and allow their views to be challenged. Accept a good debate. For how can you know you have a strong value if you don't challenge it? Instead many people respond by getting mad and often insulting the opposing view, completely ignoring any information presented. Vegans have become quite notorious for this, but it's in all groups, Especially politics.

I was rather brash in those last few paragraphs. It also wasn't necessary to say. But I am who I am and will say what I say. I don't give a hoot how you live your life, nor will I try to change you or your diet. Be merry eating meat if that is what makes you merry Perry.

More passive-aggressive projection. You people, by that I mean vegan-activist evangelizers, are such deceitful manipulators and don't even know it, or are very conscious of what they're doing and just evil.

This woman is obviously unwell and is a perfect representation of the anti-meat, anti-CO2, anti-male, anti-white, anti-health, and anti-life leftwing movements.

But this is also a tremendous opportunity to share what the opposition to the Oxford Union "Beyond Meat" debate proposition had to say. Mikhaila Peterson gave one of the strongest pro-meat speeches probably in OU debate history.

View: https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=6ai1xpi8bW0

And if you happen to find upper class English accents pretentious and annoying when voiced by zoomer-aged brats, fear thou not, for Ms. Peterson is Canadian.

Mossy

And if you happen to find upper class English accents pretentious and annoying when voiced by zoomer-aged brats, fear thou not, for Ms. Peterson is Canadian.
:lol: For the record, I like the English accent, but in the context in which you describe it I get your joke.

Last edited:

Vanset

isn't planet based diet just a diet where someone gets a majority of their calories from plants? what is wrong with that? what is wrong with getting most of your calories from fruit and tubers and eating some meat and dairy? plenty of people here eat that way from what i have seen. now plant based =/= vegan.

Perry Staltic

isn't planet based diet just a diet where someone gets a majority of their calories from plants? what is wrong with that? what is wrong with getting most of your calories from fruit and tubers and eating some meat and dairy? plenty of people here eat that way from what i have seen. now plant based =/= vegan.

Plant-based in this context means vegan

ursidae

I think in the vegan circles the distinction is made to differentiate between a person who does it for ethical reasons (vegan) and someone who is dieting (plant based)

David PS

I have been traveling for the past few day and eating in restaurants. Yesterday, my breakfast was steak and eggs. The steak was a cut (of beef?) that I was unfamilar to me. The pieces of steak were uniform in shape and texture. Today, it occured to me that the restaurant may have been passing off plant-based meat as steak. Just be aware that this might be happening.

Then, there is lab meat.

View: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=V0zCf4Yup34

Last edited:
EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals
Back
Top Bottom