Pizza, Pasta, Tacos And Burgers - All The Same Food

milk_lover

tara said:
post 112131
milk_lover said:
post 112127 The problem is that most of our restaurants have indian chefs, they are very good at what they do, but they cherish vegetable oils. I think because they are "vegetarian" options, it opens up their market to more people including many vegetarian indian population in our country. But I am almost 100% sure the main reason is the costs.
I was talking to an Indian guy recently and asked if he would usually use ghee in cooking, and he said no, because oil is much cheaper. :(
I'm sure the public demand for seed oils over ghee would also be a factor in the restaurants etc. - vegans for the vege dishes, and people convinced by the anti-sat fat message for all dishes.
But many restaurants offer low-fat options which can be good, but their low-fat options still have 10+ g PUFA! Saturated fat is feared by almost everybody except me and my wise grandfather ;)

Last edited by a moderator:
I remember asking one of these new places that specialize in fried potatoes to-go what oil they used, and they said peanut oil and that it's the absolute top as far as technological qualities are concerned. And from this point of view there is no criticizing them, I think anywhere you look you will find business owners who go for the best smoke point, the lowest residues and the least flavor for their particular context, and when they find that such oil is also one of the cheapest they will be surprised, but their choice will still have been an honest one.

The real problem here is that all of these things such as cooking oil have come to be seen as something that shouldn't affect the food at all apart from cooking it. Even in this environment, reductionism has taken hold, and we think of a dish as something that can be decontextualized from the process that brings it to our plate. This is the same reason why people prefer food that looks all the same and pretty, the reason why people never try organ meats, the reason why people wouldn't plant their own garden even if it meant an hour of work a week.

milk_lover

Such_Saturation said:
post 112137 but their choice will still have been an honest one.
Yeah I can see that because I asked an owner before what kind of oil used and his eyes got bigger because he was happy and excited someone asked... He eagerly with a smile said:canola oil. So I smiled with him and ate his food :lol:

milk_lover said:
post 112138
Such_Saturation said:
Yeah I can see that because I asked an owner before what kind of oil used and his eyes got bigger because he was happy and excited someone asked... He eagerly with a smile said:canola oil. So I smiled with him and ate his food :lol:

It is the same for dairies... farmers' kids go to school and learn about how much milk a good productive cow makes in one day, they learn what a good ratio of fibers in the feed is good, what a respectable protein content in milk is, and they just apply it at enormous personal sacrifice and dedication. Schools will define "good" based on industry standards, which means good profit, but the pride is still there in the farmers.

milk_lover

Such_Saturation said:
post 112145
milk_lover said:
post 112138
Such_Saturation said:

It is the same for dairies... farmers' kids go to school and learn about how much milk a good productive cow makes in one day, they learn what a good ratio of fibers in the feed is good, what a respectable protein content in milk is, and they just apply it at enormous personal sacrifice and dedication. Schools will define "good" based on industry standards, which means good profit, but the pride is still there in the farmers.
wow your schools give deep information to those kids. Our schools touch on topics superficially like "do not feed cows unhealthy food" "feed them organic food" etc.

milk_lover said:
Such_Saturation said:
post 112145
milk_lover said:
post 112138
Such_Saturation said:

wow your schools give deep information to those kids. Our schools touch on topics superficially like "do not feed cows unhealthy food" "feed them organic food" etc.

I mean agricultural universities :ss

milk_lover

Such_Saturation said:
post 112183 I mean agricultural universities
:lol: makes more sense.. Universities prepare us to be working bees for those industries. I am ok with that for now though because I am getting paid handsomely because of my "credentials" :D

milk_lover said:
post 112188
Such_Saturation said:
post 112183 I mean agricultural universities
:lol: makes more sense.. Universities prepare us to be working bees for those industries. I am ok with that for now though because I am getting paid handsomely because of my "credentials" :D

I just call them schools because there is nothing universal about them :ss

DaveFoster

Westside PUFAs said:
post 111815 Starch, meat, cheese and tomatoes. These four foods are different ways to eat the same exact thing. They are not "high carb" or "high fat," they are high everything; high pufa fat, high saturated fat, high carb, and high protein.
Well, not quite. Higher than most naturally occurring foods, but a little bit of beef fat won't kill you. Plus, there's that CLA.

EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals