Pizza, Pasta, Tacos And Burgers - All The Same Food

Starch, meat, cheese and tomatoes. These four foods are different ways to eat the same exact thing. They are not "high carb" or "high fat," they are high everything; high pufa fat, high saturated fat, high carb, and high protein.

Pizza:

Starch - The dough
Cheese
Tomato sauce
Meat - ground beef, pepperoni, bbq chicken pizza etc.

Pasta:

Starch - The pasta itself
Tomato sauce
Cheese
Meat - ground beef-meatballs/bolognese, chicken pasta etc.

Tacos/burritos:

Starch - The corn shell or soft wraps
Cheese
Meat - ground beef or chicken
Tomato salsa
misc. lettuce etc.

Burgers:

Starch - The bun
Meat- ground beef or chicken burgers
Cheese
Ketchup tomato sauce
misc. lettuce etc.

I'd like to see a soft taco with tomato sauce on top be called a pizza :ss

Westside PUFAs said:
post 111817
Such_Saturation said:
post 111816 I'd like to see a soft taco with tomato sauce on top be called a pizza :ss

Why does it matter if it's on top or inside the wrap?

What I mean is that the structure of those starches must be highly different.

Last edited by a moderator:
OP
Westside PUFAs
Such_Saturation said:
post 111819 What I mean is that the structure of those starches must be highly different.

They're not different. They are all made from wheat/corn flour. Flour is flour.

Westside PUFAs said:
post 111820
Such_Saturation said:
post 111819 What I mean is that the structure of those starches must be highly different.

They're not different. They are all made from wheat/corn flour. Flour is flour.

Aren't you reducing the issue a tad :cool:

jyb

If I had to eat one of those occasionally...I think a pizza made from fresh ingredients should be okay. Obviously that excludes all pizza chains and in some countries it may not be possible at all. Depending on how they are made there may not be any pufa added - most of the pufa could be from the chesse, and in my opinion there is never much cheese. The "only" problem is the gluten and starch, but some pizzas have a thin crust and are not giant sized, like at the small Italian restaurants I know, so the amount of starch varies. I'm ok with a rare handmade pizza if I have to eat out socially, it may not be healthy but there are worse things. I live in the UK and I would say most pub food (even high end pubs) and fish & chips are wayyy worse -- more starchy and more pufa.

michael94

white flour has pretty decent selenium content at least doesnt it? Cheese pizza doesn't seem all that bad as long as olive oil is used in the crust and no pufa is added anywhere

Sometimes I buy Udis gluten free pizza and I noticed they recently replaced canola oil with olive oil. Same thing for some of their frozen meals.
Good to see a step in the right direction.

D

Derek

Westside PUFAs said:
post 111836
Derek said:
post 111827 What is the point of this post?

The point is I philosophize about food because it is one of my hobbies. It's one of yours too since you have 122 posts so far.

What is the point of this video that has 2 million views in less than two weeks?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6to-EkuiNLs

Philosophizing about food is not one of my hobbies at all. I signed up to this site because I saw a lot of people having health issues and getting pretty irresponsible/dangerous advice from some people on here. I just wanted to try and give sound advice and help some people. I've done a decent job helping friends and family members. All my 122 post were from giving people advice, I have not made even one OP.

So you are comparing yourself to that meaningless/useless video? I don't understand your point there? So you agree with me that your OP and that video are both pointless?

OP
Westside PUFAs
Derek said:
post 111839 Philosophizing about food is not one of my hobbies at all. I signed up to this site because I saw a lot of people having health issues and getting pretty irresponsible/dangerous advice from some people on here. I just wanted to try and give sound advice and help some people. I've done a decent job helping friends and family members. All my 122 post were from giving people advice, I have not made even one OP.

You don't like philosophizing about food? I think these quotes by you on milk, starch, bread and gelatin beg to differ:

Derek said:
post 111847 The tryptophan in milk will be converted to serotonin unless you have optimal thyroid function. But milk suppresses your thyroid, so it's almost always going to increase serotonin unless you're a nursing baby or a young child (both who have fast oxidation rates).

Starch, as long as it's well cooked and properly refined; will likely not cause much of a serotonin response. There isn't much if any tryptophan and refined starch is very easy to digest so there shouldn't be much gut irritation. However, whole grains in this context would be awful and would increase serotonin.

Derek said:
post 111701 The purpose of having gelatin with meat is to prevent the stress response caused by the anti-metabolic aminos in muscle meat. There are other things besides gelatin that can do this, like sugar or calcium/magnesium for instance. I would not consume any powdered gelatin if I were you. It's made from rotting/decaying animal flesh, is a major source of endotoxin, and is extremely difficult to digest.

Is gelatin really that important? Most of your problems are symptoms that people get from consuming gelatin in the first place. If you've been consuming it for a long time, maybe take 30 days or so off and see how you feel. Gelatin and milk are very similar, in that, you need a very robust metabolism in order to process them. If you don't have great thyroid function/digestion then the gelatin goes through undigested feeding bacteria and increasing endotoxin/serotonin.

Derek said:
post 111699 You tolerated milk better as a kid because you were a fast oxidizer. That's why you frequently here adults say, "Man, I could drink tons of milk as a kid and it didn't bother me, now I can't even drink a cup without a negative reaction." Unless you have the most robust metabolism, it is very difficult to process milk.

Bread rocks! Funny how you say you don't make it frequently because you can't resist overeating it, maybe your body's trying to tell you something? If you don't tolerate it well that's probably because you don't eat it frequently. You eat it occasionally so your body doesn't have a chance to adjust to it. I was like that when I started eating wheat again. I would eat it occasionally and I seemed to have issues, but I craved it so bad I couldn't stay away completely. I then decided to make homemade white bread and eat it everyday for 2 weeks; by the end of that time I was tolerating it way better than I did at the start!

Call it philosophizing about food or talking about it either way you're doing something that most of your friends or family would think is "pointless."

Derek said:
post 111839 So you are comparing yourself to that meaningless/useless video? I don't understand your point there? So you agree with me that your OP and that video are both pointless?

Her nearly 10 million subscribers obviously do not think what she provides them is "meaningless." My post obviously has a point; these 4 common foods are all the same ingredients, and they are also largely responsible for fat gain, because that is what most people eat, in the west at least, on a daily basis.

You saying "What is the point of this post?" is really just a passive-agressive way to say "I think this is stupid." You should just say that and be honest. Nothing one enjoys is "pointless."

D

Derek

It was not a passive aggressive way of saying it's stupid, I really didn't understand what your point was. You obviously are going to put a lot more effort into this discussion then I am going to. I'm not about to go through all your posts and copy/paste quotes; so I guess you win.

Brian

These are great meals for a bodybuilder provided the ingredients are decent quality. For a sedentary person it will eventually lead to insulin resistance, but in that case you can easily make low-fat versions of these that are still tasty.

D

Derek

Westside PUFAs said:
post 111852
Derek said:
You obviously are going to put a lot more effort into this discussion then I am going to.

More passive-agressiveness.

Not really, I just get on here to have constructive helpful discussions with people. You get on here to food shame and be argumentative.

Wilfrid

Westside PUFAs said:
Such_Saturation said:

.......... Flour is flour.

Etymologically, you are absolutely right ( passive ).
Technically and organoleptically, you are absolutely wrong ( aggressive ).

EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals