Piracetam

CoolTweetPete

ken said:
post 109243 On the longcity web site there's a legendary piracetem user called Isochroma. On a MB thread he called MB a reasonable alternative to piracetem at 200 mg a day. Of course he's chugging 30 grams of fish oil to keep his membranes fluid.

Fish oil and Methylene Blue? This gentleman might be a fish.

Last edited by a moderator:

ken

After affirming that he was Isochroma, the next poster blurted out " man, I thought you died".

ken

Actually it was interesting, his comments, because we haven't any testimony from people taking sustained high doses. He said it made him feel very clear and energetic. And that he was noticing more and more memories. Made a joke that might of been the reason for the drug name Rember.

Nah, he got tired of that too. Next up was pramiracetam which apparently was the only thing worthy of his time, until he switched to IDRA-21 or something of that sort. Also I think he was without a home for at least that period.

DaveFoster

I find Isochroma incredibly interesting; he's borderline autistic I believe. I didn't know he had such a reputation.

DaveFoster

Koveras

Profound effects of combining choline and piracetam on memory enhancement and cholinergic function in aged rats. - PubMed - NCBI

"No significant changes following choline administration were observed in the hippocampus. However, piracetam alone markedly increased choline content in hippocampus (88%) and tended to decrease acetylcholine levels (19%). No measurable changes in striatum or cortex were observed following piracetam administration."

Kind of like how theanine increases brain tryptophan and decreases serotonin

Drareg

Kind of like how theanine increases brain tryptophan and decreases serotonin
Where did you see this Koveras? I got the impression from Peats articles, one very recent that Theanine is very positive and possibly breaking down serotonin,removing it, seems pointless to take if it increases tryptophan, stress will convert this I'm guessing.

Drareg

Profound effects of combining choline and piracetam on memory enhancement and cholinergic function in aged rats. - PubMed - NCBI

"No significant changes following choline administration were observed in the hippocampus. However, piracetam alone markedly increased choline content in hippocampus (88%) and tended to decrease acetylcholine levels (19%). No measurable changes in striatum or cortex were observed following piracetam administration."

The cardiolipin contains phosphotidylcholine but not the cheap form which is unsaturated and rancid according to Peat , DPPC is the best form. Check out this thread, very interesting with the above study?
Peat is all about the cardiolipin I think, I'm trying to learn more about it buy it seems like the key to restoration of close to perfect metabolism .

Saturated fats and mitochondrias | Page 2 | Ray Peat Forum

DaveFoster

The cardiolipin contains phosphotidylcholine but not the cheap form which is unsaturated and rancid according to Peat , DPPC is the best form. Check out this thread, very interesting with the above study?
Peat is all about the cardiolipin I think, I'm trying to learn more about it buy it seems like the key to restoration of close to perfect metabolism .

Saturated fats and mitochondrias | Page 2 | Ray Peat Forum
Thanks for the link; I'm very interested in this. Would DPPC replace saturated fats or serve as a supplement?

Koveras

Where did you see this Koveras? I got the impression from Peats articles, one very recent that Theanine is very positive and possibly breaking down serotonin,removing it, seems pointless to take if it increases tryptophan, stress will convert this I'm guessing.

Most likely what is happening is it is interfering with the conversion of tryptophan to serotonin, thus the precursor is accumulating. Possibly what is happening with piracetam is it is preventing the conversion of choline to acetylcholine in some tissues.

Theanine-induced reduction of brain serotonin concentration in rats. - PubMed - NCBI

"Following the administration of theanine, the brain tryptophan content significantly increased or tended to increase, but the contents of serotonin and 5-hydroxyindole acetic acid (5HIAA) decreased. The use of inhibitors of serotonin metabolism enable us to speculate that theanine reduced serotonin synthesis and also increased serotonin degradation in the brain."

J

jb116

Increased tryptophan would still prsent as a problem attaching to albumin

Drareg

Drareg

Increased tryptophan would still prsent as a problem attaching to albumin

What to do here?
If tryptophan is not been converted what is going to do ? Attach to albumin?
Aspirin stops tryptophan absorbing in gut?
B6 converts it to b3 , BCAA stop tyrosine also so not ideal.
Gelatin just blocks it also ,does destroy it.
Caffeine is behaving the same ,pcpa also just inhibiting the conversion enzyme.

Tryptophan destroyer is necessary ? Any ideas besides aspirin, and aspirin only gets it in the gut no?

DaveFoster

What to do here?
If tryptophan is not been converted what is going to do ? Attach to albumin?
Aspirin stops tryptophan absorbing in gut?
B6 converts it to b3 , BCAA stop tyrosine also so not ideal.
Gelatin just blocks it also ,does destroy it.
Caffeine is behaving the same ,pcpa also just inhibiting the conversion enzyme.

Tryptophan destroyer is necessary ? Any ideas besides aspirin, and aspirin only gets it in the gut no?
You could always block absorption with BCAA's or reduce the amount of tryptophan in your diet. Then you wouldn't need to worry about conversion.

EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals