Piracetam study depository

OP
Mauritio

Mauritio

"Pira significantly improved all the aforementioned parameters, reallocating the Bax/Bcl-2 ratio to anti-apoptosis. Moreover, Pira treatment amended Cyclo-induced histopathological abnormalities and significantly reduced caspase-3, TNF-α plus COX-2 immunoreactivity in hepatic tissues."

Diogo

Today I took 1200mg of piracetam and it had more of a calming effect than I remembered. I slept not great, after which I felt kind of stressed and piracetam brought the stress down a lot . I also felt more social .
I feel like piracetam works as a adaptogen. When you're already stressed additional stimulation might make you feel worse ,so it calms you down . When I feel normal it has more of a stimulating effect on me.
Aspirin works wonders for me both for cognition and specially suppressing stress. Would it be safe to combine it with Piracetam?

Logan-

Aspirin works wonders for me both for cognition and specially suppressing stress. Would it be safe to combine it with Piracetam?
Do you take it every day? How much do you take?

Be careful not to take it on an empty stomach.

Diogo

Do you take it every day? How much do you take?

Be careful not to take it on an empty stomach.
Yes, everyday! Between two to three 500mg pills of aspirin. I started going with half of a pill instead since two days ago. Been feeling rather weakened which, according to testimonies in here, it comes from a lack of iron.

Logan-

Yes, everyday! Between two to three 500mg pills of aspirin. I started going with half of a pill instead since two days ago. Been feeling rather weakened which, according to testimonies in here, it comes from a lack of iron.
Look for blood in your stool; if you see it, stop the aspirin then start with a much lower dose.

Vitamin k2 supplementation is a must if you don’t consume liver regularly.

Diogo

Look for blood in your stool; if you see it, stop the aspirin then start with a much lower dose.

Vitamin k2 supplementation is a must if you don’t consume liver regularly.
Never blood in my stool! Thanks, tho!

Diogo

Thank you for this, very concise and beneficial ???

Was recently reading the works of Thomas Seyfried, he mentions how cancer feeds on glutamine via some type of fermentable fuel process. Wonder if piracetams wonders are linked to cancer benefits via this pathway perhaps ??‍♂️
Seems to me that it is beneficial due to it's actions on the Mitochondria, same as Pyruvate.

OP
Mauritio

Mauritio

miquelangeles

Meanwhile piracetam is known to be a hormonally active drug, stimulating function of the pituitary-gonads system [6], and exhibiting an estrogenizing effect [8] in infantile rats. Some effects of piracetam are mediated through function of the gonads: its action on mitochondrial respiration in the liver [7] and skeletal muscles [1] is exhibited in intact, but not in gonadectomized rats. Accordingly it was decided to assess the possible role of the gonads system in the realization of the antiamnesic effect of piracetam. There is no information on this subject in the published literature.

[...]

The results thus demonstrate that the antiamnesic effect of piracetam, like its action on the energy metabolism of the mitochondria of the liver and skeletal muscles, is realized solely through the presence of functioning gonads. One essential factor in the mechanism of action of piracetam may perhaps be its influence on biosynthesis of steroid hormones, whose involvement in the mechanism of integrative processes in the CNS is not disputed [2, 3]. Support for this view is given by data obtained previously on the activating effect of piracetam on the pituitary-gonads system [8], the increase in the blood testosterone and estradiol levels which we observed after a 10-day course of injections of-piracetam, despite their initially low level in rats [9], and the absence of any nootropic effect of piracetam and some of its analogs when administered together with aminoglutethimide, an inhibitor of steroid biosynthesis [11]

Attachments

• EXPERIMENTAL STUDY OF THE ANTIAMNESIC ACTIVITY OF PIRACETAM IN ORCHIDECTOMIZED RATS.pdf
    249.5 KB · Views: 16
OP
Mauritio

Mauritio

Meanwhile piracetam is known to be a hormonally active drug, stimulating function of the pituitary-gonads system [6], and exhibiting an estrogenizing effect [8] in infantile rats. Some effects of piracetam are mediated through function of the gonads: its action on mitochondrial respiration in the liver [7] and skeletal muscles [1] is exhibited in intact, but not in gonadectomized rats. Accordingly it was decided to assess the possible role of the gonads system in the realization of the antiamnesic effect of piracetam. There is no information on this subject in the published literature.

[...]

The results thus demonstrate that the antiamnesic effect of piracetam, like its action on the energy metabolism of the mitochondria of the liver and skeletal muscles, is realized solely through the presence of functioning gonads. One essential factor in the mechanism of action of piracetam may perhaps be its influence on biosynthesis of steroid hormones, whose involvement in the mechanism of integrative processes in the CNS is not disputed [2, 3]. Support for this view is given by data obtained previously on the activating effect of piracetam on the pituitary-gonads system [8], the increase in the blood testosterone and estradiol levels which we observed after a 10-day course of injections of-piracetam, despite their initially low level in rats [9], and the absence of any nootropic effect of piracetam and some of its analogs when administered together with aminoglutethimide, an inhibitor of steroid biosynthesis [11]
Interesting!

Frankdee20

Does Piracetam increase acetylcholine or does it simply require extra choline for efficiency ?
Taking choline easily leads to high acetylcholine symptoms for me.

Diogo

"Piracetam significantly increased the PLP1A243V intensity and membrane localization and decreased the ER stress. "

OP
Mauritio

Mauritio

"...piracetam significantly enhanced mice's locomotor activity, blunted oxidative stress biomarkers, decreased inflammatory cytokines, and improved mitochondrial indices in hyperammonemic mice. These data suggest piracetam as a neuroprotective agent which could be repurposed for the management of HE.

Diogo

"...piracetam significantly enhanced mice's locomotor activity, blunted oxidative stress biomarkers, decreased inflammatory cytokines, and improved mitochondrial indices in hyperammonemic mice. These data suggest piracetam as a neuroprotective agent which could be repurposed for the management of HE.

Awesome finding Mauritio!

Aad

Piracetam seems to be the cure for long covid and covid vaccine injuries. I've done my research on it.

OP
Mauritio

Mauritio

Piracetam seems to be the cure for long covid and covid vaccine injuries. I've done my research on it.
Really? I havent seen any research on it nor has it helped me with my (supposed) post covid issues, although I havent taken it very often. But it's good to know that it migth help.
Do you have any sources for that at hand ?