Pinguecula Causes And Cures?

thegiantess

I just realized (after 6+ years) that I have a Pinguecula in my left eye. It was really windy outside today and my eye got irritated. When this happens the Pinguecula gets more pronounced. So I finally did some searching around the Internet and figured out that's what it is. It's my understanding it's caused by UV exposure to the eye. This makes sense as I was a long distance runner for several years and never wore sunglasses. Anyway. Anyone else experience this? Any idea if there is a way to make it go away? Some sort of diet/supp hack?

Birdie

Some people report good results with castor oil. Earth Clinic has some reviews.
Pingueculas can become a big problem by advancing to pterygium.

I have them in both eyes and to stop their progression I must always wear sunglasses outside. And a hat more often than I'd like. I wasn't a surfer but spent a lot of time at the beach. Running and volleyball.

Thanks very much for starting this discussion because I had thought pengueculas were just a normal thing that occurred in some people.

Summer

Brushing off this dusty old thread incase any one has any new insights on how to treat this without surgery.

Is castor oil really safe to put directly on the eye even if it’s good quality?

Olmec

Brushing off this dusty old thread incase any one has any fnew insights on how to treat this without surgery.
I got a penguecula ages ago when I was on a high fat diet. So potential root causes could be stress, digestive sluggishness, excessive free fatty acids from high fat intake.

Summer

I got a penguecula ages ago when I was on a high fat diet. So potential root causes could be stress, digestive sluggishness, excessive free fatty acids from high fat intake.
Thanks for the input. I can check all those boxes.