Picamilon - a better GABA alternative ?

dukesbobby777

I've read that in russian circles 50mg is a good dose, whereas in the western world 100-200mg is advised.
I didn't have much luck with my recent GABAergics (fasoracetam and selank) ,but when I took 50mg of picamilon today my mood turned around quite a bit . I also noticed that for the first time I was able to completely play along a certain guitar solo ,which I've been practicing for weeks .

Did you find you're any significant tolerance to this ?
Most people say they don't notice any tolerance or only a little , so 5 days on 2 off , or 4 on 3 off ,might be enough for cycling ...

What did you notice from the fasoracetam, not to derail the thread?

OP
Mauritio

Mauritio

What did you notice from the fasoracetam, not to derail the thread?
First stimulation , then I felt sad in weird way, then a mix of anhedonia and strong relaxation . Wasn't all bad ,but sometimes felt really off on it.

Last edited:

dukesbobby777

First stimulation , then I felt sad in weird way then a mix of anhedonia and strong relaxation . Wasn't all bad ,bad sometimes felt really off on it.

Thanks. Just received mine. Started with 20mg. Not noticed a great amount so far. Perhaps slight stimulation to start.

OP
Mauritio

Mauritio

Thanks. Just received mine. Started with 20mg. Not noticed a great amount so far. Perhaps slight stimulation to start.
Yeah many say it takes a few days to notice anything . I typically notice a change with almost anything immediately so I wasn't surprised about my early reaction .

Please keep me updated , I might wan to try it in the future again.
And if you do please post in the fasoracetam thread , so future people can find it .

Frankdee20

Isn’t this banned in the US because a Russian company has the patents as medicine out there ?

OP
Mauritio

Mauritio

Isn’t this banned in the US because a Russian company has the patents as medicine out there ?
Yeah I dont know the reason ,but its banned in the US .
And phenibut giving people insane withdrawals is allowed . Its ridiculous.

dukesbobby777

I think it’s banned because it was being sold as a dietary supplement, and certain people in the FDA had a problem with that classification and the purported ailments that it supposedly healed.

Frankdee20

Anyone in the US know of a reliable source for the real thing ? Some companies still sell it despite legalities

cjm

I've read that in russian circles 50mg is a good dose, whereas in the western world 100-200mg is advised.
I didn't have much luck with my recent GABAergics (fasoracetam and selank) ,but when I took 50mg of picamilon today my mood turned around quite a bit . I also noticed that for the first time I was able to completely play along a certain guitar solo ,which I've been practicing for weeks .

Did you find you're any significant tolerance to this ?
Most people say they don't notice any tolerance or only a little , so 5 days on 2 off , or 4 on 3 off ,might be enough for cycling ...

Your anecdote about nailing the guitar solo after weeks of trying is compelling enough for me to want to picamilon straight away. I'm keeping it on the to-do list.

I've been getting good results from straight GABA, 3-5g at night before bed. I want to give mad respect to the GABA system, the feels it gives are unparalleled.

GABA is a rumination antagonist.

I finally got some Selank and it hits instantly, subtly GABA, and you had mentioned to me in PM similar feels to a microdose acid trip and I can confirm.

Selank could be a good spot treatment for social anxiety.

golder

Your anecdote about nailing the guitar solo after weeks of trying is compelling enough for me to want to picamilon straight away. I'm keeping it on the to-do list.

I've been getting good results from straight GABA, 3-5g at night before bed. I want to give mad respect to the GABA system, the feels it gives are unparalleled.

I finally got some Selank and it hits instantly, subtly GABA, and you had mentioned to me in PM similar feels to a microdose acid trip and I can confirm.

How does selank work? Does it have a particularly peat approved mechanism of action?

cjm

How does selank work? Does it have a particularly peat approved mechanism of action?

I'm gonna defer to @Mauritio for the dirty details because he turned me on to it. We vibed on phenibut's life-affirming feel and I think this suggestion came right after.

I was told it's pro-GABA, pro-dopamine, and non-habit forming. Also, from the looks of it (and scattered forum mentions), anti-serotonin:

[Comparison of the effects of selank and tuftsin on the metabolism of serotonin in the brain of rats pretreated with PCPA]

[Experimental optimization of learning and memory processes by selank]

OP
Mauritio

Mauritio

Yeah I actually noticed my current guitar skills are a pretty good measurement of what's going on in my body. Piracetam also helps a lot with playing!

A rumination antagonist , I like that!

@James b I think has at least partial serotonergic effects . Also dopamine and gaba ,but i wouldn't call it peat approved .

"The data obtained suggest that the peptide drug selank can be used for the correction of disturbances induced by a decrease in 5-HT metabolism."

OP
Mauritio

Mauritio

cjm

Yeah I actually noticed my current guitar skills are a pretty good measurement of what's going on in my body. Piracetam also helps a lot with playing!

That's pretty cool, I operate sort of the same way, only I'm currently too self-loathing to literally spin around in my chair and face an electronic keyboard (piano with weighted keys). (Also played drums, which requires 4-limb coordination, which I never really got the hang of keeping a beat on the hi-hat with my left foot while also playing the rest of the drums with the other 3 limbs. Mad respect for the excellent drummers out there who are more in touch with reality [personal, unpublished observation] by virtue of being effortless at drums.)

My practical reality dip-stick is my manual car. The shifts, the clutch, the gas and stuff. Woe is you if you ride in my car most days. It's a rough go til we're out of the city district, lol.

A rumination antagonist , I like that!

Rumination Nation over here.

@James b I think has at least partial serotonergic effects . Also dopamine and gaba ,but i wouldn't call it peat approved .

I may have misread "serotonin metabolism" as enhanced clearance.

Last edited:

Hermes

In the past piracetam would improve my handwriting, it would look more fluid and less awkward. This was before I knew anything about Ray Peat. Ever since reading Hans' post "The Dopamine Dream Team Stack" I've been meaning to try piracetam again.

OP
Mauritio

Mauritio

In the past piracetam would improve my handwriting, it would look more fluid and less awkward. This was before I knew anything about Ray Peat. Ever since reading Hans' post "The Dopamine Dream Team Stack" I've been meaning to try piracetam again.
Go for it , it's awesome !

Last edited:

Hermes

I will. For sure.

You sound pretty enthusiastic. Do you still have great sleep like the night of the first day you tried it? Anything other than improved guitar skills you've noticed so far? Work related, social, anything.

OP
Mauritio

Mauritio

I will. For sure.

You sound pretty enthusiastic. Do you still have great sleep like the night of the first day you tried it? Anything other than improved guitar skills you've noticed so far? Work related, social, anything.
I feel like the experience with the racetams is ever changing , it's not a group of substances you figure out fast.
Today I also got the great sleep? it varies but I'd say it's a lot better overall .
It feels very anti stress ,but also a little stimulating. It never feels exactly the same to me .