Phyto-TESTOSTERONE? Does It Exist? Phytoestrogens?

fradon

-Serotonin in bananas: Serotonin, Norepinephrine, and Related Compounds in Bananas. - PubMed - NCBI
(Same study also claims Adrenaline/Norepinephrine also exists in bananas)

-Melatonin in bell peppers: Simultaneous analysis of serotonin, melatonin, piceid and resveratrol in fruits using liquid chromatography tandem mass spectrometry. - PubMed - NCBI

-Phytoestrogen in Soy: Soy and phytoestrogens: possible side effects

-Phytoestrogen in Flax: The pros and cons of phytoestrogens

-Progesterone/Progestins in Wild Yams: Estrogen activities and the cellular effects of natural progesterone from wild yam extract in mcf-7 human breast cancer cells. - PubMed - NCBI

---
It seems like every hormone exists in some form in plants. It makes sense that nature would "reuse" molecules to accomplish similar features (kind of like how Yeast use Estrogen to reproduce, just like animals). Thus far, it seems like every animal hormone or neurotransmitter has a plant/phyto equivalent. There's plenty of herbs (Tongkat Ali, Maca, Tribulus, etc.) which claim to raise testosterone, but these herbs are not phyto-testosterones.

The only phyto-hormone I haven't heard much about is Phyto-Testosterone? Why would plants not use Testosterone as an endocrine disruptor against female organisms that consume the plant much the same way that plants use phytoestrogens to disrupt reproduction? Does phyto-testosterone even exist?

i think celery has androgen or raises testosterone.

MrThyroid

forskolin should be really nice due increasing cAMP but i didnt find any good source of 20 % content. I think most vendors offer crap forskolin quality any1 knows good quality for europe or espiacially germany

TreasureVibe

Cactus stem (Selenocereus grandiflorus)
Damiana herb
Green milky oats
Hops strobiles

Source: Herbs for the male reproductive system
Don't follow the recommendation for saw palmetto, as this can induce Post Finasteride Syndrome. Although it says saw palmetto berries, I would still be very hesitant and not take any chances.
My own additions:

Tongkat Ali
Pine pollen

I can imagine the ultimate testosterone concoction being made with all of these herbs from all around the world lol.

Last edited:

dq139

Cactus stem (Selenocereus grandiflorus)
Damiana herb
Green milky oats
Hops strobiles

Source: Herbs for the male reproductive system
Don't follow the recommendation for saw palmetto, as this can induce Post Finasteride Syndrome. Although it says saw palmetto berries, I would still be very hesitant and not take any chances.
My own additions:

Tongkat Ali
Pine pollen

I can imagine the ultimate testosterone concoction being made with all of these herbs from all around the world lol.

The only problem is that the herbs have to be potent...I've tried test boosters with all of those supposed herbs and they didn't do anything.

Aleeri

The only problem is that the herbs have to be potent...I've tried test boosters with all of those supposed herbs and they didn't do anything.

Most t boosters are way underdosed, you can often judge on the retail price if it will be good or not. Too low and it's likely underdosed or of poor quality, yet these are what sells the most. Better to buy ingredients individually and take.

Testosterone isn't the "opposite" of estrogen. Also, why would a plant need testosterone?

haidut

Forum Supporter
-Serotonin in bananas: Serotonin, Norepinephrine, and Related Compounds in Bananas. - PubMed - NCBI
(Same study also claims Adrenaline/Norepinephrine also exists in bananas)

-Melatonin in bell peppers: Simultaneous analysis of serotonin, melatonin, piceid and resveratrol in fruits using liquid chromatography tandem mass spectrometry. - PubMed - NCBI

-Phytoestrogen in Soy: Soy and phytoestrogens: possible side effects

-Phytoestrogen in Flax: The pros and cons of phytoestrogens

-Progesterone/Progestins in Wild Yams: Estrogen activities and the cellular effects of natural progesterone from wild yam extract in mcf-7 human breast cancer cells. - PubMed - NCBI

---
It seems like every hormone exists in some form in plants. It makes sense that nature would "reuse" molecules to accomplish similar features (kind of like how Yeast use Estrogen to reproduce, just like animals). Thus far, it seems like every animal hormone or neurotransmitter has a plant/phyto equivalent. There's plenty of herbs (Tongkat Ali, Maca, Tribulus, etc.) which claim to raise testosterone, but these herbs are not phyto-testosterones.

The only phyto-hormone I haven't heard much about is Phyto-Testosterone? Why would plants not use Testosterone as an endocrine disruptor against female organisms that consume the plant much the same way that plants use phytoestrogens to disrupt reproduction? Does phyto-testosterone even exist?

The term used in scientific circles is phytoandrogens. Just like you said, there are known phytoestrogens which are best avoided as some of them are much stronger than even estradiol. There are phytoprogestogens, which include apigenin and naringenin, and that explains why Peat has spoken favorably about them.
Phytoprogestogen - Wikipedia

Phytoandrogens are much rarer and the known ones include protodioscin from Tribulus, as well as (maybe) some ecdysteroids like the ones found in Maral Root (Rhaponticum carthamoides - Wikipedia), some species of Ginsneng and some ginger-related plants.
Phytoandrogen - Wikipedia

Other more easily found (phyto/xeno)androgens include methyl palmitate, methyl oleate and caprylic acid, which is the reason we included them in our product Gonadin. The studies describing these substances are in the Gonadin thread.

smith

Do phyto-hormones in plants just react differently in the different genders? Men consume (so-called) phytoandrogenic plants like pine pollen to produce their own testosterone and women consume phyto-estrogenic plants like pueraria mirifica to produce more estrogen to increase their curves. Apparently, most of the "phyto-androgens" are the same as the phyto-estrogenic plants which, through negative feedback, inertly occupying hormone receptors, prompt the body to produce more of whatever is responsible for the sexual-dimorphism they seek...?
If youth hormones (preg/prog/dhea and testosterone) are what a healthy individual is high in, is ESTROGEN the single hormone responsible for sexual dimorphism in both men and women?
Does estrogen only masculinize in males and feminize in females?
If estrogen is toxic, what feminizes females?
an interesting aside, Asians, who consume the most soy (phytoestrogen) are the LEAST sexually-dimorphic and live the longest on average

Last edited:
EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals