Physically Demanding Jobs & Nutrition

Nicholas

I understand that all of our bodies are unique in what they require, but i was curious to hear if there are any people here who have physically demanding jobs and what their experience has been in meeting those demands. Were you successful? I work in the construction world and my job most days feels like an endurance exercise 50% of the day. I don't feel so out of breath, just feel fatigue some days and like it would be nice to just be still sometimes. Constantly moving. Climbing stairs all day. Carrying heavy items up and down stairs. Mentally challenging work, too. Still adjusting and beginning a logging process this week to see if i can fine-tune my macro ratios and food timing better.

YuraCZ

Make sure that you are not in a caloric deficit. Enough protein( 1,5-2g for 1kg of bodyweight- collagen, BCAA, glycine, eggs, milk, here and there some beef, cod, shellfish ..) sugars(fruits, fruit juices, honey, some white rice and potatoes are also ok..) Make sure you have plenty of minerals( calcium, magnesium, potassium, sodium..) and water soluble vitamins vitC, all B vitamins.. Every 3 hours some nice meal( proteins, fats, carbs) and between meals in the work you can sip orange/apple juice with some salt and maybe gelatin/bcaa. Gummy Bears are also quick and tasty energy snack during the work.. :)

OP
Nicholas

Nicholas

awesome - thanks for the reply. this is pretty much exactly what i was thinking - including the sipping of OJ between my frequent meals (and nibbling cheese). are you aware of a gummy bear brand that is safe to eat?
also, i don't do well with added gelatin or joint broth anymore, so i'm thinking of just upping my scallops and shrimp for the glycine - gummy bears may be a good addition, too

YuraCZ

Nicholas said:
awesome - thanks for the reply. this is pretty much exactly what i was thinking - including the sipping of OJ between my frequent meals (and nibbling cheese). are you aware of a gummy bear brand that is safe to eat?
also, i don't do well with added gelatin or joint broth anymore, so i'm thinking of just upping my scallops and shrimp for the glycine - gummy bears may be a good addition, too
In Czech republic we have "JoJo" brand. They are ok.. :)

EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals