Physical Stress Or Night-shift Work Decrease Female Fertility

haidut

The study looked at women who performed physically demanding work but it also applies to those to regularly exercise as the exertion load defined in this study can easily be replicated by running a few miles 2-3 times a week, doing HIIT, or even hitting the gym a few times a week and working with a trainer who makes you "feel the pain to get the gain". And then you hear doctors on TV lament the "mysterious" epidemic of suboptimal female fertility in younger generations...

Women's fertility may decrease with physically demanding or shift work

"...Moving or lifting heavy objects at work was inversely associated with both the number of antral follicles and the number of eggs among the women, the study found. Women who reported moving or lifting heavy loads at work had 8.8% fewer total eggs and 14.1% fewer mature eggs compared with women who reported never lifting or moving heavy objects at work. The inverse association between heavy lifting and mature egg yield was stronger among women who were overweight or obese and those age 37 or older. Non-daytime schedules -- including working at night or working rotating shifts -- were also inversely related to egg yields."

bzmazu

shift work is incredibly detrimental to health

ReSTART

Nice to see studies confirming such, sadly it will never reach society and culture at large it seems... past forgotten after 15 minutes tabloid pieces.

Similar threads
Thread starter Title Forum Replies Date
T I got advice from herbalist James Sloane for physical anxiety caused by benzos what do you guys think? Ask For Help or Advice 3
Mauritio Allithiamine increases physical performance 7-fold, increases glycogen storage and glucose utilization Science 0
Flabulous How to obtain physical copies of Peat's books? Book Recommendations 7
T I took my valium 12 mg dose 21 minutes too late this morning and now have physical anxiety/withdrawal Ask For Help or Advice 9
T I inhaled chimney smoke from the boiler outside, now I got physical anxiety hours later Ask For Help or Advice 1
T Will lemon balm help against benzodiazepine's physical anxiety? Ask For Help or Advice 21
J Need Help With Physical Issues Ask For Help or Advice 1
T I Missed My 5 Mg Evening Dose Of Valium, Now Have More Physical Anxiety Is This Neurological Damage? Ask For Help or Advice 33
Twohandsondeck Ron Wyatt Finds, Tests, And Proves The PHYSICAL Blood Of Christ W/ Chromosome Count & WBC Activity Meditation, Mindfullness, Religion, Spirituality 15
vrd2107 Acute Physical Symptoms Of Anxiety/Panic Despite Mood Mental Issues 2
U Are There Any Health Benefits From Weightlifting In A Presence Of Physical Job? Metabolism 1
K Is This The Physical Address Of Dr Ray Peat? Ask For Help or Advice 7
E Improve Mentally/fatigue After Impressive Physical Transformation (w Pics) Ask For Help or Advice 14
C Is There Any Exercise That Can Sustainably Improve Physical Function Without Tanking Metabolism? Exercise 33
jzeno What Are Some Of The Hard (physical) Investments You've Made In Your Health With The Best Dividends? Health 1
bluefish How To Have Focus And Energy After A Day Of Physical Labor Ask For Help or Advice 22
C Personality And Physical Health, Cause Or Consequence? Mental Issues 19
Mito Health Outcomes Of A High Fructose Intake: The Importance Of Physical Activity Articles & Scientific Studies 46
jzeno [Discussion] President Trump's Annual Physical Results (January 2018) Miscellaneous Health Discussions 55
L The Interplay Between Magnesium And Testosterone In Modulating Physical Function In Men Magnesium 0
R Social Ostracism Causes Damage To Physical And Mental Health; As Strong Or More Than Bullying Articles & Scientific Studies 24
kayumochi Increased Physical Activity Associated With Less Weight Regain Six Years After “The Biggest Loser” Weight 0
haidut High Levels Of (endurance) Physical Activity Increase Risk Of CVD Scientific Studies 18
encerent Do Physical Ways Of Stimulating The Thyroid Increase Thyroid Hormone Production? Ask For Help or Advice 11
haidut Finasteride Causes Physical Damage To Nerves, Depression, ED, Steroid Imbalance Scientific Studies 39
C OJ + Chicken Drumstick + Hard Physical Work = Low Blood Sugar Blood Sugar 4
Amazoniac How Physical Text Layout Affects Reading From Screen Articles & Scientific Studies 0
Atma Physical Lightness & Energy Flow? Weight 3
M Magnesium Improves Both Physical AND Mental Performance Supplements 7
D Effects Of Exercise And Physical Fitness On Prolactin Secretion In Athlethes Vs Sedentary Scientific Studies 2
AJC Very Low Fat Peat Diet And Physical Changes Diet 40
haidut Fundamental Physical "constants" May Change Over Time Science 6
J Antioxidants prevent health-promoting effects of physical exercise in humans Articles & Scientific Studies 3
D Advice on physical changes/diet? Diet 6
charlie Researchers Find Significant Link to Daily Physical Activity, Vascular Health Miscellaneous Health Discussions 1
D What physical labourious outside jobs are there? The Ray Peat Forum Lounge 14
charlie Physical Activity and Inflammatory Markers Over 10 Years... Articles & Scientific Studies 0
P Made one change to coffee, now no more stress Coffee 13
Stifler Extreme Stress Reaction from Coffee and Orange juice taken too close? Coffee 3
J How to Deal With Extreme Stress Mental Issues 43
Mr Joe Skin Itching (Stress, Heat, Sun) Skin 0
J Need help - huge stress response, worried what to do Supplements, Pharmaceutical Drugs 27
R Echinacoside (from cistanche) attenuates ethanol-induced oxidative stress in rat model Scientific Studies 0
N How do I increase my stress tolerance? Health 0
S Anti-Peat Stress Hormones in Context Debate - Anti-Peat 15
haidut Heart attack survivors have high stress (cortisol/adrenaline) hypersensitivity, low androgens Scientific Studies 2
haidut Stress-driven lipid peroxidation, inflammation re-awakens dormant cancer cells Scientific Studies 0
haidut Sexual activity and stress levels (HPA activity) may determine longevity Scientific Studies 12
L Ray Peat Interview Nov 2020 - Danny Roddy, Ray Peat, Georgi Dinkov - Bioenergetics, Thyroid, Stress, News Interviews 7
U How To Lower Stress Impact From Surgery? Cortisol, Serotonin, Histamine 0