Philosophy Time: What Is True "peating"?

m_arch

From what i've seen, it sounds like at its essence a higher metabolic rate = a more structured healthier body.

What if someone starts to eat more but gain body fat, is that a more structured healthier body? Aren't the excess calories just being stored as fat?

I don't think we should throw the baby out with the bath water, i.e. we know that an imbalanced body fat % (too high or too low) causes a host of health problems in itself. I remember people saying the optimal for a male was 10~15% (ive also read 13-18%), and the optimal for a woman 20-30%.

If we look at body fat and calories we can kind of work something out - i.e. someone is 80kg, 15% bf and eats 2500 calories.

They increase their calories to 3000, but the body fat stays the same at 15%. They may have increased weight to 85kg, ie. gained muscle or bone, but not fat %. This is seen as optimal peating right?

So would a person weighing 80kg, who continues to eat 2500 calories - and they lose weight - lets say their new stats are 75kg, 12% bf - is that also peating? Theres been an increase in metabolic activity there as well

I'm curious what people think generally in this topic, i've seen a trend of "peatarians" gaining a lot of weight and saying its fine and healthy and they feel better etc. But if you're just getting fat - you're not really peating, right?

Mito

Doing things that optimize cellular energy metabolism meaning carbohydrates are metabolized as much as possible by respiration (pyruvate—>Krebs cycle—->Electron transport chain) rather than fermentation (lactate) and things that optimize the functionality of the Krebs cycle and Electron transport chain. This provides plenty of CO2 and ATP for cellular differentiation = a more structured healthier body.