Phenomenal Digestion With Pancreas Glandular Extract

Lokzo

Forum Supporter
Hey fam!

As many of you will know... I like to experiment.

I learn through experimentation.

In the last week, I got my hands on some Pancreas glandular extract (Ancestral supplements).

I started taking 3 capsules per day, one before each MAIN meal.

Here's what I've noticed:
1. I can digest essentially anything
2. Zero acid reflux (Even with hiatus hernia)
3. Better stool quality.
4. Massive appetite increase.
5. Ravenous appetite upon awakening (Insulin enhancing action??)

If anyone's had experience with Pancreas Glandular, drop your experience down below.

I have a feeling this may POTENTLY lower blood sugar, due to it possibly containing some PRO-INSULIN like peptides/molecules.

@haidut worth experimenting with?

Thanks ya'll!

OP
Lokzo

Lokzo

Forum Supporter
Some notes as I was researching:

Because there are two major roles of the pancreas, malfunction of this organ can appear in two different ways: either as diabetes or as maldigestion and malabsorption. Each type of function is performed by a distinct subgroup of cells, so having one problem does not mean that you will have both. Type I Diabetes is caused by destruction of the subclass of cells in the pancreas that produce insulin to regulate blood sugar levels. This is different from Type II Diabetes, which has to do with the sensitivity of insulin receptors in the body's cells. For more information on diabetes, please click here.

Pancreatic Insufficiency and Digestion
Enzymes naturally occur in all raw foods. We refer to the "ripeness" of a food as its readiness to be eaten. Ripe foods are most abundant in enzymes that are used for digestion, but unfortunately these enzymes are destroyed by cooking and processing. This means that most of the foods consumed by the average person today are deficient in enzymes. This forces the body to have to make up the difference, which it is sometimes unable to do. This state is often referred to as "enzyme deficiency" or "pancreatic insufficiency". Pancreatic insufficiency results in limited quantities of digestive enzymes that break down starch (amylase), protein (protease), and fats (lipase) into subunits that are small enough to be absorbed through our intestinal walls. When there are insufficient enzymes present for the amount of food that we consume, we do not get the nutrition we need from the food that we eat. This can result in weight loss or weight gain (a compensation by the body) and physical symptoms of nutritional deficiency such as: fatigue, dry skin, hair loss, and brittle nails. At the same time, the food that we do not completely digest in our small intestine, continues to our colon where it is broken down by intestinal microbes which can result in gas, bloating, cramping, constipation or diarrhea and steatorrhea (fat in the stool). Undigested food particles in people with "leaky gut" can result in immune reactions and a litany of resultant health concerns such as autoimmune diseases. For more information on "leaky gut", please click here. People with any combination of the above symptoms can often benefit from supplementation of pancreatic enzymes. The most natural way to get these enzymes in the proportions they are produced in nature, without changing food preparation habits, is to take pancreatic extract.

Pancreatic Extract
Although pancreatic extract was the first treatment available for those with diabetes in the early 1900's, it was quickly replaced by more effective and concentrated pharmaceuticals like insulin in the 1930's as well as other medications as time progressed. An effective way to supplement missing digestive enzymes in people with insufficient pancreatic function is to ingest an extract created from animal pancreas. The most common sources are bovine (cow), porcine (pig), and ovine (sheep). It is theorized that supplementing with pancreatic glandular extract can provide the body with the nutrients, cofactors, precursors and enzymes necessary to promote proper pancreatic function.

golder

Interesting as always Lokzo, thanks. Are these different from Proteolytic Enzymes? I can’t remember exactly what it was, but I vaguely remember reading a few negative posts about Ancestral Supplements but your post seems to have restored some confidence.

OP
Lokzo

Lokzo

Forum Supporter
Interesting as always Lokzo, thanks. Are these different from Proteolytic Enzymes? I can’t remember exactly what it was, but I vaguely remember reading a few negative posts about Ancestral Supplements but your post seems to have restored some confidence.

There’s minimal research online about exactly what they bioactives are in pancreas glandular! It’s kinda annoying ?

I think Ancestral supplements are quite solid across the board.

Zpol

Hey fam!

In the last week, I got my hands on some Pancreas glandular extract (Ancestral supplements).

3. Better stool quality.

If anyone's had experience with Pancreas Glandular, drop your experience down below.

I have a feeling this may POTENTLY lower blood sugar, due to it possibly containing some PRO-INSULIN like peptides/molecules.

Thanks ya'll!

YES!!!
Bovine pancreas (I get it from AS as well) has been a game changer for me too.
I used to experience excruciating stomach pain everyday as well as severe esophagus issues (GERD, LPR, HH). Other symptoms included occasional jaundice, lack of appetite, blood sugar regulation issues, constipation, general muscle weakness and fatigue. All of these improved with pancreas. I'm still careful with what I eat and also take a few other things but the pancreas was life changing at a time when my health was at it's worst despite the other measures.

At the time I was considering taking proteolytic enzymes but I read they can cause micro-bleeding (at least at the dosage I would have needed) and blood vessel damage. Also, I had just gotten a diagnosis of low elastase and pancreatic insufficiency (I already knew I had malabsorption syndrome). As luck would have it, around that time I happened to hear an interview with RP (it was either One Radio or Jodelle, I can't remember) in which he talked about pancreas glandular as an effective therapy for pancreatic cancer. So I gave it a try for my pancreas issues. I started a 2 capsules and worked up to 4 capsules before each meal, it took a few weeks to really notice a difference.

Not entirely sure why it helps; maybe it has something to with the 'like treats like' theory, but personally, I think it has more to do with replacing the pancreatic enzymes which are depleted after years of eating PUFA. Some of us may need a little extra help in that area in addition to eliminating them from the diet.

golder

YES!!!
Bovine pancreas (I get it from AS as well) has been a game changer for me too.
I used to experience excruciating stomach pain everyday as well as severe esophagus issues (GERD, LPR, HH). Other symptoms included occasional jaundice, lack of appetite, blood sugar regulation issues, constipation, general muscle weakness and fatigue. All of these improved with pancreas. I'm still careful with what I eat and also take a few other things but the pancreas was life changing at a time when my health was at it's worst despite the other measures.

At the time I was considering taking proteolytic enzymes but I read they can cause micro-bleeding (at least at the dosage I would have needed) and blood vessel damage. Also, I had just gotten a diagnosis of low elastase and pancreatic insufficiency (I already knew I had malabsorption syndrome). As luck would have it, around that time I happened to hear an interview with RP (it was either One Radio or Jodelle, I can't remember) in which he talked about pancreas glandular as an effective therapy for pancreatic cancer. So I gave it a try for my pancreas issues. I started a 2 capsules and worked up to 4 capsules before each meal, it took a few weeks to really notice a difference.

Not entirely sure why it helps; maybe it has something to with the 'like treats like' theory, but personally, I think it has more to do with replacing the pancreatic enzymes which are depleted after years of eating PUFA. Some of us may need a little extra help in that area in addition to eliminating them from the diet.
Amazing, I also have pancreatic insufficiency. How long have you been taking the 4caps for? It’s quite expensive ($80~+ a month) to run indefinitely, so I was wondering if you noticed the benefits remained when/if you took any time off?

miquelangeles

Yes. it's a great tool in the arsenal. Especially with heavy meals around winter holidays.
It is therapeutic in multiple ways, even for gut infections. The pancreas secretes antimicrobial peptides.
Ray talked about it on multiple occasions. His main concern is that you can catch a virus from the animal, because the extracts are from raw tissue. If heat treated, the enzymes become inactive. The same warning is posted on the Creon website too. (the famous prescription pancreatic enzymes)
The other concern is that you will get fat easily. Pancreatic extracts contain lipase, and that's the main reason they are being used therapeutically in medicine.
For people with deficiency, it is a life saver because you cannot absorb fat soluble vitamins without the lipase in combination with bile salts.
Another way to help the pancreas is by supplementing baking soda. 95% of pancreatic juice bicarbonate is derived from plasma bicarbonate.

Zpol

Amazing, I also have pancreatic insufficiency. How long have you been taking the 4caps for? It’s quite expensive ($80~+ a month) to run indefinitely, so I was wondering if you noticed the benefits remained when/if you took any time off?
About a year now at the 4 cap per meal dosage. Although, I should point out I usually only eat two actual meals per day because I typically eat snacks throughout the day which I don't take the capsules with, so I average 8 capsules per day. Yes, they are pricey, I've had to make some budget changes.

mad539

I'm having pancreas issues for around a year now and as pancreatin did help, it was a struggle to dose it right. Not enough and it doesn't help, too much and i did get constipation. I'm currently starting the bovince pancreas supplement from AS, but i wonder how the supplement actually does work though. Does it provide the needed nutrients for the pancreas to work again, or does it by providing lipase, amylase, ..? How long until one should see a bettering of digestion?

Last edited:

Smelly5

Hey fam!

3. Better stool quality.

Thanks ya'll!
Lokzo, do you still take this product and/or have any cautions about it? Thanks

AinmAnseo

Forum Supporter
There’s minimal research online about exactly what they bioactives are in pancreas glandular! It’s kinda annoying ?

I think Ancestral supplements are quite solid across the board.
Lokzo,
Did you ever try the Ancestral supplements Pancreas product?
Does it compare to a pancreatin product like the ones from Dr. Clark or Vital Nutrients?