Pharma wants to ban NAD+, probably soon precursers like nicainamide

K

Kayaker

Niacinamide occurs naturally in food, so it can't be patented AFAIK. If they ban it as a supplement, it can still be sold as a lab chemical.

cupofcoffee

@cupofcoffee @Risingfire are you able to share any studies that claim b3 is a precursor of NAC+? Would love to read.
again, NAD+ and NAC are different molecules that do different things. NAD stands for "nicotinamide adenine dinucleotide" and it's a key coenzyme vital for human life since it's necessary for energy production.

Vitamin b3's main function in the body is to convert to NAD+ thus improving energy metabolism and ATP production

Vitamin B3 is a vitamin family that includes three forms or vitamers: nicotinamide (niacinamide), niacin (nicotinic acid), and nicotinamide riboside.[1] All three forms of vitamin B3 are converted within the body to nicotinamide adenine dinucleotide (NAD).[1] NAD is required for human life and people are unable to make it within their bodies without either vitamin B3 or tryptophan.[1]

Niacin is both a vitamin, i.e., an essential nutrient, marketed as a dietary supplement, and in the US, a prescription medicine. As a vitamin, it is precursor of the coenzymes nicotinamide adenine dinucleotide (NAD) and nicotinamide adenine dinucleotide phosphate (NADP). These compounds are coenzymes for many dehydrogenases, participating in many hydrogen transfer processes. NAD is important in catabolism of fat, carbohydrate, protein, and alcohol, as well as cell signaling and DNA repair, and NADP mostly in anabolism reactions such as fatty acid and cholesterol synthesis.[20] Vitamin intake recommendations made by several countries are that intakes of 14–18 mg/day are sufficient to meet the needs of healthy adults.[4][21][22] Niacin or nicotinamide (niacinamide) are used for prevention and treatment of pellagra, a disease caused by lack of the vitamin.[6][20] When niacin is used as a medicine to treat elevated cholesterol and triglycerides, daily doses range from 500 to 3,000 mg/day.[23][24] High-dose nicotinamide does not have this medicinal effect.[20]

bk_

I tried to order Niacinimide Mononucleotide (N3501) from a supplier that got bought out by Merck. Their prices seemed to be two orders of magnitude too high, as in $2 Million (yes million) per kilo whereas unreputable Chinese suppliers sell it for much less. I inquired from their customer support to see if this was true, and they confirmed that the price is indeed correct. I believe they are trying to patent a drug and this overpriced supply is for R&D purposes only.

EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals