Pga Stack (pregnenolone/gaba/aspirin) To Help Lower Stress

Discussion in 'Stress' started by Insaneacinamide, May 2, 2017.

1. Insaneacinamide

Insaneacinamide Member

Been researching this combo after reading some threads on this forum about these 3 substances lowering stress. As well as listening to Peat talk about them.

Tried searching the forum but did not come up with any results to others trying this combo.
    Was using the pregnenolone/aspirin combo for a bit then added the gaba which felt to be even more effective lowering stress.

Have had some good results. Very cost effective.
    Reminds me of the opposite of the eca stack for energy/fat burning (ephedrine/caffeine/aspirin).

Low dosages might be around 5-10mg pregnenolone, 100-500mg gaba, 50-325mg aspirin

High dosage around 50-150mg preg, 1-2.5g gaba, 325mg-1g aspirin
    (be careful not to go too high on the gaba or you might have some heavy breathing, use dosages you know you can handle)

2. Frankdee20

Frankdee20 Member

Intensive Case Manager
    Well theoretically it should be cohesive, as Peat mentioned Aspirin, and Pregnenalone (maybe in higher doses though) to help attenuate the stress response. Now many articles on the web assert that oral GABA is too large of a molecule to permeate the BBB. From what I've read, studies were mixed on how effectively it does this. I can attest that I've done a few weeks worth of GABA (2x 750mg capsules) and notice a difference that can't be all subjective. I truly don't know if oral GABA gets into or how it does, but I'll attest that it helps keep thoughts in a calmer perspective. I swear most nights, I slept like a baby, but couldn't always repeat these results a hundred percent of the time.

3. ddjd

ddjd Member

According to Dr. Datis Kharazzian, a brain expert, if you have any effect from GABA, (positive or negative) that means you have a leaky brain. In his book, Why Isn’t My Brain Working, he explains that in a healthy brain, the junctions in the blood-brain barrier only permit nanoparticles to pass through. GABA “exceeds the nanoparticle size and does not have a blood-brain barrier transport protein.” It should not be able to cross the blood-brain barrier. If it does, then this suggests there is leaky brain. He also states you shouldn’t take GABA supplementation, even if you have a positive effect, “because you risk shutting down your GABA receptor sites.” If you have no effect from GABA, this is good sign, you most likely to do not have leaky brain.

4. ddjd

ddjd Member

am i right in thinking these studies are saying aspirin actually decreases GABA?

"Salicylate significantly inhibited the amplitudes of both evoked and miniature inhibitory postsynaptic currents, and directly reduced gamma-aminobutyric acid type A (GABA(A)) receptor-mediated responses in cultured rat hippocampal neurons. "
    The aspirin metabolite salicylate enhances neuronal excitation in rat hippocampal CA1 area through reducing GABAergic inhibition. - PubMed - NCBI

"In particular, the inhibition of GABAA receptors by salicylate is reported to cause hyperexcitation in hippocampal slices (Gong et al., 2008). The present study shows that salicylate inhibits glycine receptors to the same extent as it inhibits GABAA receptors"
    Salicylate, an aspirin metabolite, specifically inhibits the current mediated by glycine receptors containing α1-subunits

5. Anders86

Anders86 Member

Pregnenolone, Aspirin and Niacinamide would be the optimal approach. Niacinamide increases GABA much more than GABA itself ..

6. OP
    Insaneacinamide

Insaneacinamide Member

Sup buddy, I was using aspirin for lowering cortisol. Too lazy to pull up studies. Some people have posted some good ones here, that is why I used it.

There is russian drug called picamilon which is gaba/niacin.
    Picamilon - Wikipedia
    Perhaps people who have effect from gaba only, have good b3 status in them already.

Yes, that is a good combo also.

7. postman

postman Member

Interesting, and what would he recommend to do in order to heal a "leaky brain"?

For me B3 quickly stops being effective. Pregnenolone was essentially useless. Aspirin helped me though. Coffee is the most effective thing for me. Never tried GABA.

8. Frankdee20

Frankdee20 Member

Intensive Case Manager
    Taurine and Magnesium Glycinate are natural sedatives, they work better than oral GABA

9. Frankdee20

Frankdee20 Member

Intensive Case Manager
    Niacinamide can create stress reactions if not taken with enough fuel, so can Pregnenalone and Aspirin

10. JDreamer

JDreamer Member

Define "fuel".