PFS Sufferer. I Don't Know How I Missed Such A Risk

@TubZy you or @sladerunner69

you guys know anything for the brain fog issue? im talking like, really bad spacey feelings after cortisol increases in the body, i'm not sure what is going on with it

TubZy

@TubZy you or @sladerunner69

you guys know anything for the brain fog issue? im talking like, really bad spacey feelings after cortisol increases in the body, i'm not sure what is going on with it

Try famotidine (pepcid) I tried it yesterday for glycogen issues and it really works well. Also, I feel really calm after it and throughout the day. I think due to keep glycogen storage full I don't get the up and down cortisol spikes plus it antagonizes histamine.

Plus it lowers PTH by 50%.

Try famotidine (pepcid) I tried it yesterday for glycogen issues and it really works well. Also, I feel really calm after it and throughout the day. I think due to keep glycogen storage full I don't get the up and down cortisol spikes plus it antagonizes histamine.

i see... i was thinking about what that other guy said, he has since gone silent on me, but using progesterone, maybe it is using up limited glycogen space as it is, maybe it is better to do your pregnenlone like you were saying

TubZy

i see... i was thinking about what that other guy said, he has since gone silent on me, but using progesterone, maybe it is using up limited glycogen space as it is, maybe it is better to do your pregnenlone like you were saying

I didn't use anything else but the pepcid yesterday but maybe using the pepcid in combo with progesterone or anything that stimulates metabolism can work better due to the higher glycogen stores from the pepcid so basically no stress response if progesterone usually depletes glycogen too low normally, which is an issue with PFS people since then burn through glycogen stores ridiculously fast.

So the end result could be better with pepcid and progesterone combo.

I didn't use anything else but the pepcid yesterday but maybe using the pepcid in combo with progesterone or anything that stimulates metabolism can work better due to the higher glycogen stores from the pepcid so basically no stress response if progesterone usually depletes glycogen too low normally, which is an issue with PFS people since then burn through glycogen stores ridiculously fast.

So the end result could be better with pepcid and progesterone combo.

i see... interesting. thanks for the info

Did you try lithium for brain fog?

i havent done anything for it, it is really intense and bad, caffeine really slams it on hard, feels like no blood flow to your brain or something is the best way to describe it, like really light headed to the point of needing to sit down, but blood pressure doesnt change, heart rate doesnt change, blood work doesnt show anything too crazy, im not really sure what is at play with it, doc has no clue, i really want to identify something with blood work with it, maybe cortisol at play, not sure

TubZy

i havent done anything for it, it is really intense and bad, caffeine really slams it on hard, feels like no blood flow to your brain or something is the best way to describe it, like really light headed to the point of needing to sit down, but blood pressure doesnt change, heart rate doesnt change, blood work doesnt show anything too crazy, im not really sure what is at play with it, doc has no clue, i really want to identify something with blood work with it, maybe cortisol at play, not sure

Yeah must be. If caffeine makes it worse, probably high stress hormones due to poor glycogen storage. Caffeine made me feel worse initially and made all my symptoms worse cause my glycogen stores are so bad. But when I paired it with aspirin and it was a much different response. I'm assuming since aspirin lowers cortisol so much, it eliminates a lot of the stress response that caffeine can cause? Sounds like you are pressing metabolism too hard or poor glycogen storage leading to stress response and spike in cortisol making symptoms worse.

Prior, to taking thyroid surrogates (and even pepcid seems to help now), any little tiny supplement would bother me in the slightest amount causing brain fog, fatigue, etc. except high dose oral preg only and prog/dhea. So I think it was just crappy glycogen storage from low thyroid or low androgens/high cortisol.

Maybe try high dose biotin too.

Yeah must be. If caffeine makes it worse, probably high stress hormones due to poor glycogen storage. Caffeine made me feel worse initially and made all my symptoms worse cause my glycogen stores are so bad. But when I paired it with aspirin and it was a much different response. I'm assuming since aspirin lowers cortisol so much, it eliminates a lot of the stress response? Sounds like you are pressing metabolism too hard or poor glycogen storage leading to stress response and spike in cortisol making symptoms worse.

right.. yeah that is a good theory. that's why i was asking about progesterone possibly dumping all the glycogen out, i wonder if it could be a double edged sword in that regard, although the mechanisms i dont know what are at play with it, or how it would cause the light headedness. i guess it's best to avoid the caffiene in the short term. hmm.

TubZy

right.. yeah that is a good theory. that's why i was asking about progesterone possibly dumping all the glycogen out, i wonder if it could be a double edged sword in that regard, although the mechanisms i dont know what are at play with it, or how it would cause the light headedness. i guess it's best to avoid the caffiene in the short term. hmm.

Yup, I agree. I think prog is the safest though, even Ray says the same thing. I think it can accelerate the glycogen reserves but it has probably the strongest anti stress mechanism (I'm assuming due to how strong of a GABA agonist it is) so the stress response doesn't seem that bad. It happened to me once when I ate a very small meal at dinner with no enough sugar. I got a slight stress response from the prog/dhea but it was no where near as bad as one from caffeine or pregnenolone etc.

Just take it with something that can restore glycogen storage as a precaution. Pepcid works really well for only 20mg. It will also lower histamine which is also associated with brain fog/inflammation etc. Works better than taurine too and doesn't seem to mess up my stomach.

Try:

Pepcid + caffeine
Pepcid + progesterone
Pepcid + pregnenolone
Pepcid + thyroid
Pepcid + androsterone

See if it helps.

Last option for PFS treatment if the Peat stuff isn't working for you is to try the herb cycling regimen I talked about in the other thread. This is what I was doing prior to peating and it seemed to work pretty well. Later on I actually found that the herbs I was using related to Peat's work somewhat as "adaptogens".

Last edited:
OP
J

JoeKool

For the brain fog, a 1000mg dose of L-Tyrosine has shown some benefits for me... I believe that's due to the dopamine release

Also, if you have light headed feelings... you might have adrenal fatigue... I'm a believe in Apple Cider Vinegar. A simple test is lay down for 10 minutes and when you get up, do you get lightheaded? Upon getting up, your blood pressure is supposed to increase slightly to accommodate for the gravity change and people with adrenal fatigue don't get that signal properly...

I wonder what this forum thinks of Apple Cider Vinegar ... helps with stomach acid issues believe it or not... so fair to try this or pepcid... but this has some other benefits too.

Yup, I agree. I think prog is the safest though, even Ray says the same thing. I think it can accelerate the glycogen reserves but it has probably the strongest anti stress mechanism (I'm assuming due to how strong of a GABA agonist it is) so the stress response doesn't seem that bad. It happened to me once when I ate a very small meal at dinner with no enough sugar. I got a slight stress response from the prog/dhea but it was no where near as bad as one from caffeine or pregnenolone etc.

Just take it with something that can restore glycogen storage as a precaution. Pepcid works really well for only 20mg. It will also lower histamine which is also associated with brain fog/inflammation etc. Works better than taurine too and doesn't seem to mess up my stomach.

Try:

Pepcid + caffeine
Pepcid + progesterone
Pepcid + pregnenolone
Pepcid + thyroid
Pepcid + androsterone

See if it helps.

Last option for PFS treatment if the Peat stuff isn't working for you is to try the herb cycling regimen I talked about in the other thread. This is what I was doing prior to peating and it seemed to work pretty well. Later on I actually found that the herbs I was using related to Peat's work somewhat as "adaptogens".

i see.. yeah it seems like the preg or prog didn't really cause me issues. i really cant even test caffeine at this point. i'm in such bad shape, i legit can't even test it, i really am going to have to use well cooked dark leafy greens now for magnesium and try to rebuild glycogen storage if it's the issue. you know, i'm assuming that has to be it. i'm clearly losing my hair and shedding still, obviously it is not working right or it would be there to catch it.

For the brain fog, a 1000mg dose of L-Tyrosine has shown some benefits for me... I believe that's due to the dopamine release

Also, if you have light headed feelings... you might have adrenal fatigue... I'm a believe in Apple Cider Vinegar. A simple test is lay down for 10 minutes and when you get up, do you get lightheaded? Upon getting up, your blood pressure is supposed to increase slightly to accommodate for the gravity change and people with adrenal fatigue don't get that signal properly...

I wonder what this forum thinks of Apple Cider Vinegar ... helps with stomach acid issues believe it or not... so fair to try this or pepcid... but this has some other benefits too.

for sure.. i use ACV everyday on carrot salad. my blood pressure, heart rate, mineral levels, sugar levels, all normal, even in that crazy state.

Try:

Pepcid + caffeine
Pepcid + progesterone
Pepcid + pregnenolone
Pepcid + thyroid
Pepcid + androsterone

See if it helps.

why would pepcid be good? someone else told me pepcid also. youve used it before? it's just over the counter? it looks like some anti ulcer? lol. got to love peat randomness.

TubZy

why would pepcid be good? someone else told me pepcid also. youve used it before? it's just over the counter? it looks like some anti ulcer? lol. got to love peat randomness.

Famotidine Increases Glycogen, Improves Glucose Metabolism
Famotidine Inhibits Carbonic Anhydrase (CA)
Famotidine Is A Powerful Scavenger Of Nitric Oxide (NO)
Interesting Properties Of The H2 Antagonist Famotidine
Famotidine lowers PTH by almost 50%
Famotidine Has Antibiotic Actions, Esp Against E. Coli

By holding onto glycogen stores better, you are putting your body out of a constant stress state and letting it heal. Ray mentioned T3 works the same way (as anti-stress) and could help bring the body back to homeostasis. We know that thyroid increase glycogen stores so pepcid/famotidine can do the same in terms of the glycogen storage and plus it drastically lowers PTH, which can help recover the body out of a stress state.

Today was my second day on 20mg, I'm way way calmer on it, even around crowds of people and I don't even star to sweat anymore when missing a meal for a while and being in a stressful situation so it definitely is doing something beneficial. If you have a bad issue with glycogen storage try 20mg once a day or even 20mg twice a day as the study shows even more glycogen storage improvement with 40mg dose. One dose AM and one dose PM. The PM dose would also help you get through the night if you have sleep issues from adrenaline surges.

Last edited:

sladerunner69

@TubZy @sladerunner69

Great insights on beneficial PFS solutions. From what I've read the DHEA is debatably healthy for PFS-affected people, and the DMSO certainly potentiates the dosage.

Given that information, what doses would you recommend for the DMSO versions of Pansterone and Progestene? And when and where to apply?

Anywhere really. I like the back of my hand or my wrist or my neck. A lot of guys seem to use their testes now because the leydig cells down there produce a lot of testosterone, giving those a boost should result in an extra androgen boost.

sladerunner69

What dosage are you on? I have been taking a 20mg everyday to prevent ulcers from all the orange juice and aspirin and coffee. I take it and honestly I dont think I even notice it, or I might be a little more relaxed.

TubZy

What dosage are you on? I have been taking a 20mg everyday to prevent ulcers from all the orange juice and aspirin and coffee. I take it and honestly I dont think I even notice it, or I might be a little more relaxed.

20mg in the morning with breakfast. How are your glyocgen stores normally? Mine were horrible, so maybe that is why I'm noticing more of an improvement. Try 40mg, it was shown to work even better at that dose.

OP
J

JoeKool

@TubZy ... I ordered some last night... but to confirm, this is part of the overall healing (glycogen stores, stress state, etc.) to have a body put back into the good state to heal from PFS or is this something else?

I ordered it because i read your links and like the anti bacterial aspects because I get strep every 2 or 3 months... it's the only thing I get tho... never had flu or can recall even having a common cold... but strep ALL the time...

TubZy

@TubZy ... I ordered some last night... but to confirm, this is part of the overall healing (glycogen stores, stress state, etc.) to have a body put back into the good state to heal from PFS or is this something else?

I ordered it because i read your links and like the anti bacterial aspects because I get strep every 2 or 3 months... it's the only thing I get tho... never had flu or can recall even having a common cold... but strep ALL the time...

Cool, let us know. I take 20mg in the morning after I eat breakfast. I usually have to eat at noon or even earlier if under stress due to burning through glycogen stores so quick. I don't have that issue anymore or it is severely minimized and I feel much calmer during the day. I have not tried 40mg yet though. The half life is about 8-12 hours. If you have issues with going hypoglycemic over night perhaps taking a 20mg tablet after dinner could be better for you.

Due to retaining glycogen better, I think it could give PFS ppl the ability to handle certain supplements that made them "crash" in the past perhaps.

It would help PFS through multiple ways including reducing cortisol spikes, increasing metabolism and glucose metabolism (lowers PTH, lowers NO), lowers histamine (helps reduce brain fog), improves sleep, increases immune system, improves liver function (which all ppl have issues with either PFS or hypothyroid) and repairs gut. The biggest things I noticed so far could be the mild calming effect and the ability to not burn through glycogen stores extremely fast anymore. Which helps keep me out of stress state and reduces stress hormones from spiking. So I can't say for sure that the lowering of histamine is making me feel that way or I just feel more normal because I'm holding glycogen better and my body actually has the reserves it needs to function properly.

So I think it is worth a shot especially for someone who has glycogen and blood sugar issues from PFS. There is another PFS guy who is going to trial it and he has very bad glycogen issues (like waking up every night from hypoglycemia/adrenal crashes etc) so when he does he will let me know.

Last edited:

sladerunner69

20mg in the morning with breakfast. How are your glyocgen stores normally? Mine were horrible, so maybe that is why I'm noticing more of an improvement. Try 40mg, it was shown to work even better at that dose.

Would poor glycogen stores essentially mean being hungry all the time? That is maybe a bit of an issue, t was much worse when I was taking androsterone or dht. Now they seme to be pretty stable, but maybe the pepcid is helping.

EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals