Pfizer says COVID vaccine protection lasts at least 6 months; Company can now seek full FDA approval

Mito

The ongoing Phase 3 clinical trial of Pfizer/BioNTech's coronavirus vaccine confirms its protection lasts at least six months after the second dose, the companies said Thursday. The companies can now seek full FDA approval for their vaccine.

It's the first look at how long protection for a coronavirus vaccine lasts, and while six months is a modest target, it's longer than the 90 days of protection been the best estimate offered to date.

“The vaccine was 100% effective against severe disease as defined by the U.S. Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC), and 95.3% effective against severe COVID-19 as defined by the U.S. Food and Drug Administration (FDA)," Pfizer and BioNTech said in a joint statement.

On Wednesday, the companies said a small trial of volunteers aged12 to 15 showed 100% efficacy in that age group.

"These data confirm the favorable efficacy and safety profile of our vaccine and position us to submit a Biologics License Application to the U.S. FDA," Albert Bourla, Pfizer's chairman and chief executive officer, said in a statement. A BLA is an application for full approval. The vaccine currently has emergency use authorization, EUA, which falls short of full approval.

"The high vaccine efficacy observed through up to six months following a second dose and against the variant prevalent in South Africa provides further confidence in our vaccine's overall effectiveness."

The company has been studying the vaccine in more than 46,000 volunteers and has noted 927 cases of confirmed Covid-19.

From the 927 confirmed symptomatic cases of COVID-19 in the trial, 850 cases of COVID-19 were in the placebo group and 77 cases were in the BNT162b2 group, corresponding to vaccine efficacy of 91.3%," it said.

"Thirty-two cases of severe disease, as defined by the CDC, were observed in the placebo group versus none in the BNT162b2 vaccinated group, indicating that the vaccine was 100% efficacious in this analysis against severe disease by the CDC definition. Twenty-one cases, as defined by the FDA, were observed in the placebo group versus one case in the BNT162b2 vaccinated group, indicating 95.3% efficacy by the FDA definition."

These definitions matter. The FDA's definition of severe disease included a raised respiratory rate indicating respiratory distress; raised heart rate, an oxygen saturation level of 93% or lower; respiratory failure severe enough to need additional oxygen or ventilation; a blood pressure drop indicating shock; significant kidney, liver or neurological dysfunction, admission to an intensive care unit or death.

CDC's definition includes a blood oxygen level of 94% or lower and an x-ray finding of lung infiltrates -- an indication of pneumonia -- of greater than 50%

The most common adverse events were pain at the injection site, fatigue and headache.

"In South Africa, where the B.1.351 lineage is prevalent and 800 participants were enrolled, nine cases of COVID-19 were observed, all in the placebo group, indicating vaccine efficacy of 100%," the company said.

"Vaccine safety has now been evaluated in more than 44,000 participants aged 16 years and older with more than 12,000 vaccinated participants having at least six months of follow-up after their second dose."

Steve

I don't know how to interpret these studies as someone always pokes big holes in them, and I have no idea what to believe anymore. I'm definitely not getting the vaccine though. I would much rather catch Covid and allow my body to mount it's own defense since I'm not a senior citizen and I don't have a compromised immune system...well maybe a little, but I think I can fight this thing off with no problem. If the silly PCR tests are accurate which I know they're not I wouldn't be surprised if every human on earth has already encountered this virus. Brings me back to I have no idea what to believe.

LeeLemonoil

The size of the trial group 12-15 was 200

And they claim 100% efficacy for their vaccine in an age group where 1 in ivdibt know, a million probably, has problems fending of the disease?

And it’s all about the Media. It’s corrupted as ****. And then there are millions of people who look forward to be jabbed every few month certainly.

All the while the same corrupted media hardly make a fuzz about the fact that single antigen-vaccines bring about the evolution of escape mutations.

But the vilest aspect: no one encourages the vaccinated to get infected in the end to develope multiple antibodies and immune-cells against the virus.
How will that pan out? Here is your vaccine, live a half-normal life with masks and distancing and testing regardless but in 6-9 month you need your new jab or live in fear again?

This stuff is wicked.

I’ve written about the inactivated whole-virion vaccines before.
China, Russia and India developing one or already have one.
But also a French company. The „vaccine“ minister of the UK at least openly told that eventually these kind of vaccines will be an important component of the vaccine strategy.
And India actually has now sanctioned a trial with their inactivated stuff where they hope that 3 shots will show to provide immunity for many years.
Im not speaking in favour of vaccination in general, but being at the mercy of the pharm companies and their cronies to push for mRNA jabs anuslly is even worse

OP
Mito

Mito

Moderna Covid jab antibodies last six months

“Interim results from a phase 3 trial of the Moderna mRNA-1273 severe acute respiratory syndrome coronavirus 2 (SARS-CoV-2) vaccine indicated 94% efficacy in preventing coronavirus disease 2019 (Covid-19).1 The durability of protection is currently unknown. We describe mRNA1273-elicited binding and neutralizing antibodies in 33 healthy adult participants in an ongoing phase 1 trial,2-4 stratified according to age, at 180 days after the second dose of 100 μg (day 209).

Antibody activity remained high in all age groups at day 209. Binding antibodies, measured by means of an enzyme-linked immunosorbent assay against SARS-CoV-2 spike receptor–binding domain,2 had geometric mean end-point titers (GMTs) of 92,451 (95% confidence interval [CI], 57,148 to 149,562) in participants 18 to 55 years of age, 62,424 (95% CI, 36,765 to 105,990) in those 56 to 70 years of age, and 49,373 (95% CI, 25,171 to 96,849) in those 71 years of age or older. Nearly all participants had detectable activity in a pseudovirus neutralization assay,2 with 50% inhibitory dilution (ID50) GMTs of 80 (95% CI, 40 to 135), 57 (95% CI, 30 to 106), and 59 (95% CI, 29 to 121), respectively. On the more sensitive live-virus focus-reduction neutralization mNeonGreen test,4 all the participants had detectable activity, with ID50 GMTs of 406 (95% CI, 286 to 578), 171 (95% CI, 95 to 307), and 131 (95% CI, 69 to 251), respectively; these GMTs were lower in participants 56 to 70 years of age (P=0.02) and in those 71 years of age or older (P=0.004) than in those 18 to 55 years of age (Figure 1; also see the Supplementary Appendix, available with the full text of this letter at NEJM.org).”

EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals